Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58889 times)

Offline sams dad

• Student
    • IF IN DOUBT CHARGE
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »

Battle report!  Battle report!  Battle report!
dartfrogs game on monday night

dartfrog can add detail.The important bit is that it was a resounding win for the sons of the south :D

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »

dartfrog can add detail.The important bit is that it was a resounding win for the sons of the south :D
That board looks incredible. Can you tell us how the corn field and hay bale were made please? Also, congrats on the win.

William
Until such time as Congress stops being a ridiculous farce, comedy is utterly acceptable at their hearings.
Sean Patrick Fannon

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #437 on: August 17, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »

AWESOME scenery, Gentlemen, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #438 on: August 17, 2017, 10:11:21 PM »
It wasn't a win. It was slaughter aided by the bounty hunter scum! Game went well and even worked well on the size of board we went for, about 5x7 something like that.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #439 on: August 17, 2017, 10:20:13 PM »
Most of the terrain was Sam's dads Russian front stuff, with what I could shove in a bag a take over thrown amongst it along with a few hastely painted figures. Many thanks to our host and the other scurvy player who shot the congregation. Looking forward to many more games. For details on the terrain I pass you to Sam's dad and his blog.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #440 on: August 17, 2017, 10:34:45 PM »
Looks like a fun game!

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #441 on: August 18, 2017, 04:05:44 AM »
Most of the terrain was Sam's dads Russian front stuff, with what I could shove in a bag a take over thrown amongst it along with a few hastely painted figures. Many thanks to our host and the other scurvy player who shot the congregation. Looking forward to many more games. For details on the terrain I pass you to Sam's dad and his blog.

Do you have a link for the blog?

Thanks,

William

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #442 on: August 18, 2017, 07:47:25 AM »
Another question @fenrir:

- Is each posse limited to one Arcanist? I am asking because The Congregation miniatures include a mambo, hougan and bokor - and I would like to use all three miniatures as Arcanists.

Offline DeltaBlue

• Bookworm
  • wait who planted the claymore?!?
« Reply #443 on: August 18, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »
@ dartfrog and Sam's dad: truly epic looking game  but tell me who's the "bounty hunter scum!"

@ Fenrir thank you, though we haven't that number of dice yet. but we have a few funny instances

my sister's activated two figures in a turn first was her   vamp boss  who was in combat won that fight and shoved  my younger brother Phil's skinwalker chief off a mine walkway, he survived the fall (barely) down to only have Diana other vamp feed on him.

and we've had a harbinger survive being shot at by three models with six guns with silver bullets in a row only to taken down by a bow at short range
GM (me) - you spot a 70 year old grey hair little old lady.. Clutching large leather bound book and a uzi.

“Tom”- “She has a Book!!!”

“Danny”- “I put a bust of M4 fire between her eyes” rolls…

Phil- “if he misses I put a shotgun slug in her face” 

That’s the Delta green baby"

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #444 on: August 18, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »
@Sam's Dad / Dartfrog: brilliant looking set-up, and kudos on getting some actual Dracula's America figures painted in a short space of time! I admit I never envisaged the game being played on anything beyond a 4x4 table- but I'm glad to hear it seemed to work alright... Out of interest, did the movement distances not seem a little too short, or did you increase the deployment zones?

@Saucy Jack: I'm afraid it's technically one Arcanist per Posse... However, you could always take a Maverick Arcanist Hired Gun and just use one of those models for him/her? Book 3 has rules for a new Bokor Hired Gun, so eventually you will be able to use all 3 models as the Congregation intended! Until then, your spare 'Arcanist' will have to content themselves as just another Posse-member, I fear!  :'(
...Of course, if your opponents are happy to allow it then just buy several Grimoires, ignore the Arcanist cap, and have at it!

@DeltaBlue: Brilliant stuff- I love all the amusing/ridiculous things that can potentially occur during play- it's good to hear other folks are already having fun with DA!  :D  Was the Skinwalker Chief actually in Beast Form when he got shoved off the walkway?!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:30:57 PM by Fenrir »
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline sams dad

• Student
    • IF IN DOUBT CHARGE
« Reply #445 on: August 18, 2017, 06:00:16 PM »
(Can you tell us how the corn field and hay bale were made please)
the corn field is made of JTT SCENERY 95553 2" CORN STALKS O-SCALE ,and the hay stack is an old ready soup container covered in pva gloo and cover with coco nut fibers from a door mat
(  but tell me who's the "bounty hunter scum!")he is short and round and walks close to the ground ,and his name is larry
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:30:39 PM by sams dad »

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #446 on: August 18, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »
Cool!!!

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #447 on: August 18, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
(Can you tell us how the corn field and hay bale were made please)
the corn field is made of JTT SCENERY 95553 2" CORN STALKS O-SCALE ,and the hay stack is an old ready soup container covered in pva gloo and cover with coco nut fibers from a door mat
(  but tell me who's the "bounty hunter scum!")he is short and round and walks close to the ground ,and his name is larry

Thank You sir for the answers on the corn field and hay bale. Once again, They along with your entire board, look great.

William

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #448 on: August 19, 2017, 12:00:41 AM »
I did wonder about the move rate on our board size, but decided to keep to the rules for our first batch of games. In fact I didn't find the 4" move to much of a problem at all! I was shocked. I think as we had plenty of time we didn't have a time pressure to the game, that and if we wanted to get a stride on we just allocated both actions to a figure to get a trot on. I think we started about 6" or so in.
          The 'bounty hunter scum' that was Larry was a basic group with a hero a veteran and a bunch of novice thugs from up North. I didn't want to get too complicated on the first game. One rule I forgot until the llast few turns was the 'reroll on a max dice' must remember that one!
         Many of the figures still need finishing, but were good enough to playtest with. The 'Col' was the freebie one I got on the kickstarter as a limited edition. So of coarse I hacked off his hand and gave him a pistol from statuesque miniatures.
         Next stop is some mounted guys and the plantation house.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #449 on: August 19, 2017, 12:17:56 AM »
       Next stop is some mounted guys and the plantation house.

Looking forward to see them!  ;)