Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:44:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58816 times)

Offline Tracy George

• Schoolboy
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #495 on: September 03, 2017, 03:04:17 PM »
@Tracy George: Let's see if I've understood your question correctly...

1)

2) You can't Activate the same model twice as part of a Dual Activation (by definition, that would make it a Solo Activation!). Once a model has made it's Action during a Dual Activation, it gets a Done Token (bottom of page 15).

Hope that helps- if I've misunderstood you then give me a shout!  :)

You're right. I missed typing Solo Action instead of Dual action.

1. So if I Solo action a model and it completes one of the actions then is Down before the second action the other action has to be used on this same model not a different one?

Thanks.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #496 on: September 03, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »
Correct- the model has already been chosen for the Activation at that point!
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #497 on: September 04, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »
another one @fenrir:

Model A is in base contact with his friend Model B, who is Downed, but Model A is also engaged in a fight with Model C. Does Model count as helping Model B in the Recovery Phase for recovering from Downed?

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #498 on: September 04, 2017, 09:22:53 PM »
A simple one but I can see this going either way - and this may have been asked and answered before.

Can a D6 grit model be shaken or do they automatically go to down? I assume the former but just wanted to check.
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #499 on: September 05, 2017, 09:11:09 AM »
@Saucy Jack: Good catch- model A would be too busy fighting for their life! One for the errata...  ;)

@Mellis1644: Correct- Novices can still become Shaken!

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »
Anyone thought of having some 'non supernatural' faction(s) to balance out the advantages of taking one of the listed ones in a campaign?

Either extra $ or just some extra skills campaign bonuses. Would be nice to use an outlaw, rustler or Lawman faction to be roughly balanced etc. I thought I saw someone say to give them $50 extra startup cash with an unlimited pool of recruits to use that on before the game starts - maybe that's an idea for one off games but over time in a campaign that likely won't work due to infamy levels... I was thinking a smaller start up bonus but extra income- due to not having to worry about the politics/issues of the factions.

P.S. Reading Joe R. Lansdale's Deadman's Road (not the greatest piece of writing but it's a fun romp in the weird west) but I so want to make a Reverend Jebidiah Mercer character/scenario now...

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2017, 11:06:02 PM »
Anyone thought of having some 'non supernatural' faction(s) to balance out the advantages of taking one of the listed ones in a campaign?

Either extra $ or just some extra skills campaign bonuses. Would be nice to use an outlaw, rustler or Lawman faction to be roughly balanced etc. I thought I saw someone say to give them $50 extra startup cash with an unlimited pool of recruits to use that on before the game starts - maybe that's an idea for one off games but over time in a campaign that likely won't work due to infamy levels... I was thinking a smaller start up bonus but extra income- due to not having to worry about the politics/issues of the factions.

P.S. Reading Joe R. Lansdale's Deadman's Road (not the greatest piece of writing but it's a fun romp in the weird west) but I so want to make a Reverend Jebidiah Mercer character/scenario now...

Non supernatural?! In Dead in the West Reverend Jebediah Mercer has to deal with a zombie plague raiding a small town cursed by an unjustly lynched indian shaman... It seems pretty much Dracula's America to me! :o

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline CptAmerica

• Lurker
« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2017, 03:05:46 AM »
Is there anyone else using Malifaux miniatures for Dracula's America? If so what models for which factions are you using? I have The Ortega Family almost fully painted but haven't decided on a faction. (Leaning towards the Templar.)

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #503 on: September 08, 2017, 05:48:41 AM »
Non supernatural?! In Dead in the West Reverend Jebediah Mercer has to deal with a zombie plague raiding a small town cursed by an unjustly lynched indian shaman... It seems pretty much Dracula's America to me! :o

The books are pure DA and fun I agree. As I said not the greatest piece of fiction but not bad either. I have read a lot worse. Guy Adam's heavens gate trilogy is an interesting take but not quite so DA - but close. ;)

But I do have some players around here who if I can get a campaign going may want to use a non  supernatural based force. So having that as an option on a roughly equal footing to the other factions would be great as a option. Some extra starting cash - and maybe an extra Die (or half die) of income would I think more than balance them in a campaign but thats just from reading and not doing a campaign... So that's why I thought I'd ask. :)

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #504 on: September 08, 2017, 01:07:31 PM »
Has the North Star catalogue been recently changed for this range of minis? It seems that most of them are sold by packs of 3 now and no longer individually (or perhaps I can't find the right page?)

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #505 on: September 08, 2017, 04:41:19 PM »
This is correct, they were never going to be individual forever.

Offline Tracy George

• Schoolboy
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2017, 02:17:25 AM »
How close do you have to be to an opening/window to see and be seen?

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2017, 06:52:41 AM »
@Tracy George: Line of Sight rules are given on Page 10:
"Our models are always assumed to be facing in the direction they are looking, and have a 180-degree field of view to their front"
and:
"When required to check LOS, stoop over the table for a look behind the model's head- if you can see any part of the target's head or body... then your model can 'see' it."
and:
"...if you determine that you can see an enemy model, then they can also see you."

Hope that helps!  :)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »

"When required to check LOS, stoop over the table for a look behind the model's head- if you can see any part of the target's head or body... then your model can 'see' it."
and:
"...if you determine that you can see an enemy model, then they can also see you."

My game group has two people with restricted mobility (they're on wheelchairs), so for checking LOS we use laser pointers!  ;)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2017, 07:53:49 PM »
The Manitou (a limited edition miniature for Dracula's America):

http://northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=10730

;)