Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:04:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Objective Cards for Chaos in Carpathia  (Read 2587 times)

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
New Objective Cards for Chaos in Carpathia
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
After a year's playtesting, thought it was time to make some nicer-looking objective cards. Here they are - http://geektactica.blogspot.ca/2012/10/chaos-in-carpathia-secret-objectives.html

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New Objective Cards for Chaos in Carpathia
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:21 PM »
Outstanding!!

Sign me up for a set.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:31:26 PM »
After a year's playtesting, thought it was time to make some nicer-looking objective cards. Here they are - http://geektactica.blogspot.ca/2012/10/chaos-in-carpathia-secret-objectives.html

Niiice!

Can we buy a set from you?

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
Can we buy a set from you?

If by "buy" you mean "have a set for free" then, yes, you can "buy some. Just hang on until I finish the new and improved playsheets that go with them. PM me your email address and I'll send you the pdfs.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:04:04 AM »
If by "buy" you mean "have a set for free" then, yes, you can "buy some. Just hang on until I finish the new and improved playsheets that go with them. PM me your email address and I'll send you the pdfs.

Seriously awesome!

Should add new layers to the game.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 02:09:35 AM »
PM with e-mail address sent.

When you get them where you want them just mail them off and I will let you know I have them I will even post a AAR when they are used.

They should add another layer to the game.   ;)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:30 PM »
You guys are in for a real treat! I just sent a copy of the file to the printers and they look phenomenal!!

Tenz

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
You guys are in for a real treat! I just sent a copy of the file to the printers and they look phenomenal!!

Tenz

Not by half! Just printed on the employer's Xerox, and they are a treat!

Jet, no questions yet, as I've not actually gotten CiC, though that is certains in the works. I will be trying them with some ideas I've been having for Gothic G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T, first.

The rest of the items, and the package is a corker, will mostly wait on the dipping of the toe into CiC.

Thanks so much for your effort, and more so with the effort to share!

Doug

Edit: Took another look at the rest of the material. OMG, such a rich concept. I'll be awhile wrapping head around same, but not using the full campaign cards seems such a loss!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:05:06 PM by The_Beast »

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »
Jet, some questions:

1)
"The Score (2/deck). KO or kill a chosen enemy. For each SCORE card drawn you must secretly designate one of the following enemy characters: Slayer, Hunter, Veteran Ordersbruder, Vampire, Nosferatu, Werewolf, The Monster, Gypsy Knife Man, Gypsy Dancing Girl, Gypsy with Curse of the Beast. If your opponent has less than two eligible targets in his warband reduce the number of SCORE cards in your deck before drawing objectives.

Veteran Ordersbruder?  I guess it's Experienced Ordensbruder on the Tom's list?

2)
The Search (2/deck). A player must secretly designate one of their characters to be a searcher for each SEARCH card drawn. To earn victory points, a searcher must move into base contact with a clue and pass a TN:2 Mind + Scholar check. If a searcher is defeated he subtracts 1 VP from his total to a minimum of zero.

The clues doen't contain anything apart from Victory Points. Did you ever try rewarding with some goodies like add.weapons, equipment and so on? Or would this damage game balance?

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
Veteran Ordersbruder?  I guess it's Experienced Ordensbruder on the Tom's list?

Yes. We were referring to them as Veteran during the playtesting.

Did you ever try rewarding with some goodies like add.weapons, equipment and so on? Or would this damage game balance?

We stayed away from actual items because we didn't want there to be any increase in the warband's GBP cost and, picking up a weapon or item halfway through a game wouldn't serve enough purpose to be worth the extra book-keeping. Also, the intent of the SEARCH card is to give non-combative character types some game value. So, for instance, a British Monster Hunter warband with a professor and a holy man would really shine if two SEARCH cards were drawn. In short, the objective cards are meant to provide different ways to achieve victory and nothing else. The reason we don't want characters permanently increasing their equipment is simple - warbands in the campaign should be fairly evenly matched, even if one player plays once a month and another player plays a few times a week. So I guess you could say it is a game balance thing.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the Indoor Rules pdf. In their you'll find specific tables for searching cupboards, chests, weapon racks, etc..  This might be more in line with what you are looking for.

Incidentally, your Romanian Vamps look awesome, as does the scenery. I would love to paint some of those models but I happened to have the vampiric children and the Master model already so I made due with what I had. Please keep us all posted with battle reports and pics.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »
In short, the objective cards are meant to provide different ways to achieve victory and nothing else. The reason we don't want characters permanently increasing their equipment is simple - warbands in the campaign should be fairly evenly matched, even if one player plays once a month and another player plays a few times a week

well, that makes sense

PM me your email address and I'll send you the Indoor Rules pdf. In their you'll find specific tables for searching cupboards, chests, weapon racks, etc..  This might be more in line with what you are looking for.

Great! For some reason I like some "randomness" in a game :)

Incidentally, your Romanian Vamps look awesome, as does the scenery. I would love to paint some of those models but I happened to have the vampiric children and the Master model already so I made due with what I had. Please keep us all posted with battle reports and pics.

Thank you. The vampire children are gems and I've got them, too. The only reason why I didn't paint them yet is they're like dessert, I'm going to save them until last. Though I've painted one of them years ago for my The Duchess of Hulgoland's Suffragette Club of Panneberg (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=4435). But now I have shall repaint the skin to match the others.