Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Ongoing Adventures of Mi57 (SA WW2) - Villains! [29/1/17]  (Read 47825 times)

Offline necrocannibal

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu for President!!!
Re: The Ongoing Adventures of Mi57 - Ghosts! [25/09/15]
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2015, 09:46:11 AM »
Very nice idea! By the way, what kind of glue do you use to fix the miniature to the transparent base?
The Cult of the Black Goat Cultist No. 11

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2015, 09:47:44 AM »
Good idea of the 'Ghosts through the Ages'.
 8) 8)

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
Thanks guys! The figures were just attached with a drop of cheapo super glue

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »
I've not had much chance to do any painting since the ghosts, but this afternoon I had a bit of time to finish off some bits of scatter terrain for the village as well as picking up some board and paints to try marking out some roads and rivers. Now sure when I'll get around to that, but we're all set when there is a free evening or two.

The bomb shelter came from a company called 36 Chambers on ebay. The TARDIS still needs the white writing on the signs, but I wasn't feeling confident in doing that tonight, so I'll come back to that in the future.

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
Re: The Ongoing Adventures of Mi57 - Terrain [25/10/15]
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
A couple more bits of scatter terrain for an English village being plagued by nasty creatures from beyond... Chickens! The chickens and coop are from WarBases. It is a really nice little kit, very fun to make and paint up.

And a well. This came from the Dungeon Saga kickstarter haul. There were three in the box and I find it unlikely that I'll ever need three in one dungeon, so it became the farmer's well. The terrain plastic is a bit toy like and rubbery, but it painted up without any problems, which is all that matters.

Looking at the photos I can see a few things that need redoing. The first is adding some more patches of grass, or bits of interest to the well as it is looking a bit... empty. The second is to retake the photos properly as apparently my iphone and a daylight lap do not mix well!

The earth colour was chosen to represent either a clay-ish English soil, or sandy soil for the Old West as I've finally caved in and ordered some bits to start playing Cowboys too. Mason is, as ever, a really bad influence with his epic threads!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The Ongoing Adventures of Mi57 - More terrain [24/11/15]
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »
Love that chicken house!
The poop on the coop.
 :-*

I have one from a dolls house manufacturer which is made of thick card but have not gotten around to it yet.
It is intended for an Old West ranch yard and I had not thought of using it in SA.
Thanks for the nudge, it shall receive a base of its own now.
 :D

The earth colour was chosen to represent either a clay-ish English soil, or sandy soil for the Old West as I've finally caved in and ordered some bits to start playing Cowboys too. Mason is, as ever, a really bad influence with his epic threads!

lol lol
Let me know if you need anything.
 ;)

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2015, 07:07:49 AM »
A whole premade town? ;)

I have plans for how the Old West project will slowly expand (and cross-pollinate with SA games using Shadows of Brimstone), but will detail that elsewhere when the time is right.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:09:28 AM by EndTransmission »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »
You've definitely convinced me to pick up one of those chicken coups. Fortunately Warbases are at the Battleground show this Saturday.

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2017, 10:06:05 AM »
oh dear lord, has it really been a year since I last posted?! :/

I've not had much chance to to any painting or gaming for a while as work went a bit  :o >:( , but last month I finally managed to put glue to plastic again and start putting together some new figures to paint up for this and the wider Weird War project.

As I'm also in the process of decorating my shiny new gaming room, I'll also be starting to build a gaming table this year, so that will probably appear here as the terrain opportunities for SA are far too good to pass up. I've also just joined a gaming group, so I may have to see if I can persuade anyone to play a few games there too.

Anyway. Back to the weirdness and painting. The main batch of stuff recently is plenty of German infantry, which I'll post over on the general Weird war thread later, but there are some bits and pieces that will work wonders in here as well. Some of these are almost a year old... I must have been seriously distracted to not have posted them here. Sorry!

We have a German officer to lead any Heer forces that Mi57 may come across

A big batch of very big rats to pester and terrify the heroes and villains. These are from the Dungeon Saga kickstarter and are based on 25mm bases, to give you some idea of size!

One of the giant creatures from Shadows of Brimstone is a suitably nasty beast to throw against the heroes. I'm not entirely sure where he is going to live, or represent yet... probably a godling of some sort A poor viking is present to give you a sense of scale

And a few generic cultists. These would work better in the Dreamlands as they don't have any technology on them, but would work as lowly thugs too I guess

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:07:40 AM by EndTransmission »

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »
Very nice :) The Shadows of Brimstone minis are very useful for SA (was the original reason I bought the SoB boxes - that the game turned out to be fun too was a nice bonus).

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »
Nice work, sir.
Especially on that big beastie with the tongue/tentacles.
 :-* :-*

Where have you been hiding?
Serving time in Arkham Asylum, perhaps......?
 ;)

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »
Very nice :) The Shadows of Brimstone minis are very useful for SA (was the original reason I bought the SoB boxes - that the game turned out to be fun too was a nice bonus).

I love Brimstone as a game, I just feel that some of the miniature sculpts leave something to be desired... and the choice of scale boggles the mind. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the newer figures though as they are apparently much crisper.

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »
Nice work, sir.
Especially on that big beastie with the tongue/tentacles.
 :-* :-*

Thanks! The German officer was a bit of a rush job. I may have to go back and redo him sometime... or just replace him with another model. Who knows. The Goliath is a great figure once painted and is super imposing.

Where have you been hiding?
Serving time in Arkham Asylum, perhaps......?
 ;)

Pretty close... We got bought by a much much (ad-infinitum) larger company, picked up some crazy-tight deadline projects and spent most of the year commuting to Coventry to complete them. Thankfully the project launched just before Christmas... aaaand relax!

Looking back over the thread, I need to work a bit harder at adding some fluff to the models as they get posted... so no more bulk updates, just one thing at a time!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2017, 04:27:04 PM »
Beautiful stuff!

Just a hint on the ghosts - the Gripping Beast Vikings and Saxons take Mantic zombie/ghoul heads, accessories and other bits very well indeed.  The heads especially look suitably grisly and beaten up.  I've just done a couple of units of of KoW Revenants mixing the two.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »
Pretty close... We got bought by a much much (ad-infinitum) larger company, picked up some crazy-tight deadline projects and spent most of the year commuting to Coventry to complete them. Thankfully the project launched just before Christmas... aaaand relax!

So....you were, quite literally, 'sent to Coventry'..?
 ;D ;)

Well, it is good to see that you have escaped and are now 'safely' back in the Cult.
 :D