Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Gaming mats, river, roads, bocages, etc...sell on demand  (Read 14146 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi, I announce that I recently and officially created my own wargaming related small business in France. My main activity will be to make and sell wargaming terrain and scenery items.

There will be 2 types of product :

On demand scenery : based on a catalogue of products, affordable price. I will make them on demand. Usually expect for 1-2weeks to be ready to be shipped, depanding the order. For now, it concerns the following terrain : gaming mats, rivers, roads, natural scenery (forests, bocages, hedges, fields crops, etc...).

Scenery commission : Anything, any period, any scale.  8) Prices quotations depanding the subject. Perfect for companies, stores, events, clubs, or any demanding customer. Already available NOW. Just ask.

Textured Gaming mats (any style, from 2'x2', 3'x3', 4'x4', maybe even bigger more in the future). Sturdy and rollable.

Road sections (any style or scale). They are soft enough so they can follow hills relief, for instance, but thick and sturdy enough to stay perfectly flat on the tabletop

River sections, based on MDF.

Natural scenery (trees, bocages, crop fields, bushes, etc...). Based on MDF or Isorel. Very sturdy.

And, coming soon, on demand resin buildings and gaming accessories (walls, etc...), also "premium" painted and detailed.

This kind of "primary" scenery will be added on my "on demand" catalog gradually, first for popular periods and scale demands of course. But remember it will always be possible (and possible today already!) to obtain any kind of scenery with my "scenery commission" offer.

Everything will be painted and 100% ready to play. Painted exactly the same level I make my own scenery. Complete, built and painted as the best I can ready to play scenery. You can choose size, color, extra details and all : Any reasonable demand will be fullfilled.

Shipping  in Europe should be very fair, about 10euros even for quite heavy weight parcels. Overseas (USA, Australia, etc...) will be more expensive, but overseas gamers ordering in Europe already know that shipping costs are not cheap.

On demand means that any order will take 1 to 2 weeks (more for very big orders) to be completed. You'll be informed regularly about the progress (emails, pictures, etc...).

Payment (paypal or IBAN bank transfer for european people) once the items are completed and ready to be shipped.

It's a wysiwyg ("what you see is what you get") system : I make the scenery, I make good pics of it and email you, and THEN you make the payment. Note also that for very big orders a money deposit will be asked.

PRICES EXAMPLES :

Textured Gaming mat : 45 euros for a 3'x3' mat like on pic (painted, without modelling flock). More if extra details needed (sculpted details, modelling flock, etc...). Made of linen (other fabric may be used in the future), acrylic rubber and texture/flock.  

River :  15 euros for a 30cm x 12cm (1'x5") section (MDF base).

Road : 10 euros for a 30cmx 12cm (1'x5") section (soft linen/fabric base with acrylic rubber, can be set on hills, etc...). "Rollable" road : price on demand. Other sizes or specific needs (cobbles, craters, trenches, etc...) : price on demand.

Natural scenery : Most of them will go from 10 euros (for instance, small natural fence) to 30+ euros (big and/or complex crop field, big vineyard, etc...). MDF or isorel based. Ask for specific demand.

I'll start processing orders (=making the scenery you ordered) on 15th june (maybe a bit sooner). So you can start PM me right now to be on the order agenda.

A website and ebay store should be created this summer. In the mean time, all orders from LAF supporting members and/or active users (250+ posts) will receive a special discount.
Big orders (and wargaming clubs/association orders) will receive a discount price too by the way !
.  8)

THANK YOU !

note to admin and moderators : I'm now registred as "small business" in France, so I post in this section, I hope it's fine. Don't hesitate to contact me if any problem. Thank you for allowing me posting this announcement !

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:02:37 AM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius

Also note that for a limited time, commission for "tailor made" complex scenery is possible (buildings, bunkers, etc...).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:21:36 PM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi,

Just a precision about this offer, after I received a few messages about it.

Be also consider that the pictures I posted are examples of what you could order, but be aware that you can change measurements, colors, texture style, vegetation, etc...

In one word : everything is possible. Tailor made stuff for the price of factory, standard product.

Consider this as a limited time welcome offer.  8)

thank you for your interest.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
I updated the announcement to make it easier to understand. Well, I guess I'm more comfortable with a brush than with marketing  lol

To be perfectly clear : Simply ASK me if you need wargaming scenery, no matter your needs. We'll find a deal together.  ;)

thanks !

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Here's some pics, not always wargaming related I'm afraid ( I lost most of my old terrain pics   :'( sadly in the past I didn't know websites like Picasa or photobucket albums...), but it's better than nothing :

Here's also a few more pics I succeeded to find :

(on this pic, forget about the buildings, I made them  basic for a " easy to follow" tutorial I published in a slot racing magazine years ago)

Too bad I didn't found other pics of this last one, the room upside in the house is detailed, with handcrafter furniture, religious paint on the wall (it's 50's Italia!) and tiny newspaper on a desk  :grin:

Anyway, all these pics are not always wargaming related, but still revelant in my opinion (for instance a road for model car or a road for WW2 normandy is made the same, so are the trees, houses, etc...), even if about 7 years later, I would not do everything the same way.

People asked me for examples of what I could do, until my catalogue and book grow up, it will give you an idea.

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
Awesome looking stuff!  I'm sold!   :-* :-*

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
thank you !

People asked me about the gaming mats, I made a few more pics of my mat sample. Please remember that any color, thematic is possible, painted but also flocked.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:58:00 PM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi,

As many people asked me about the gaming mats, I'll post some pics, from unpainted texture work to ready to be delivered product. I choosed to make a "all around" gaming mat, wich is the base for every other style.

Here's some pics of the unpainted mat with texturing job done.

I use 5 to 6 diferent texture materials to obtain this effect, trying to find a good overall look. For more complex mats (tropical, bombs impacts, cracks, etc...) there will be even more diferent textures. We can also imagine high grass, etc...

Long story short : no, this is not simply spreading some sand on a fabric with some paint sprayed :D

Later I'll post the painting process.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Here's the final pre-production sample :

It lays flat on the table, can be rolled, and come fully painted (about 6 shades of paint here + fine modelling flock) and textured.  

If anyone is interested into this new product, feel free to contact me.

thanks
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:46:00 PM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi,

I found other pics of commissions I did in the past, again especially for model cars range of products (the wargaming terrain I did has been sold on ebay for most of it, and I didn't keep pics  >:(), but still revelant for any other subject you may want me to create for you.

100% scratchbuilt, including hand sculpted cobblestone road

Car from Proto Slot Kit, painted by me, cow is prepainted plastic

(cars and figures from Proto Slot Kit, painted by the owner of it)

I also worked on historical sculpting commissions during June, I'll show you that once it will be possible  8)

Now, I'm currently working on my website (where a selection of my previous painting, sculpting and scenery work will be visible), wich should be there soon (this summer), and some terrain commissions (mostly natural scenery).

I still have some room in my summer schedule for late july and august, don't hesitate to contact me for infos ( "starter discount prices" are still available for a limited time).
 On september and later, I will especially make "generic" scenery for popular scales and periods, not much scenery comissions (or not cheap  :D ), so if you have any specific demand...It's time. ;)

ps : I'm also currently working on the "version2" gaming mats, should be there soon  8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:14:54 PM by sundayhero »

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Gaming mats, river, roads, bocages, etc...sell on demand
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 04:42:47 PM »
I just received pictures of my completed terrain commission:

http://harwoodhobbies.blogspot.ca/2015/08/terrain-commission.html

AMAZING WORK!  Highly recommended!

Wally

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »
What scales do you do? I have use for 15 and 6mm terrain

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 10:24:52 PM »
Thank you Wally !

@Relic : any scale, any thematic. For 6mm or 10mm, I only accept "complete" terrain sets (cities, villages, etc...any thematic set you may need).

Simply because I'm not a reseller/store, but an artisan working with commissions, I cannot work "only" on a single small 6mm building, considering I will have to prepare the project with the customer (preparation work is "free" work, basically), block dates in schedule, make the scenery, then make the necessary paper work like invoice, etc... then make a packet, go to post office.

It has to be (at least a bit) worthwhile.

thank you for your interest.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:21:22 PM by sundayhero »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
Considering interest on rivers, I made a few pics of one of my most recent commissions river set. Size, color, flock, etc...all is tailor-made to customer's needs.

Figure on pics is 28mm.

Straight 1foot river sections :

A few turns sections

Lakes set. The big one is about 50x45cm large (was a pain to find a good box to ship it   :grin: )

A few closer looks on water effects :

The "masterpiece" of the set, a scratchbuild modern canadian concrete bridge :

I hope to have a dedicated website in september, at last. Currently working on it, but I don't have spare time for it (but slowly I'm finding my "cruise speed" and habits, so I hope I will be able to enjoy working on my own stuff  soon too !)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
How big are the matts and how large?

Are you in the UK?

Would it be possible to choose my own colours for desert terrain- ie provide you with three samples, the first to be painted, the rest drybrushed?

Darrell.