Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Two Sicilies Army during French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars  (Read 1980 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Kingdom of Two Sicilies Army during the Early Napoleonic Wars
an Albanian Cacciatore Volunteer and a Cacciaore from the Regular Royal Army
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:06:29 PM by italwars »

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
sorry i didnt succeed in having the picture in the correct position..i was trying to upload and share some plates from an old book but they all come upside down..when and if the issue will be  fixed i'll post some others :? :-[

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Even upside down, they still look cool. What type of troops are they?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Chasseurs?
The Albanian must be the left one. What kind of headgear is he wearing?
The one with the green tunic must belong to the Royal Army. What is this stick he's holding?
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Cacciatori means light infantry or jaeger ..they were recruited among people living in the Appenines  ..the stick is walking kind of mountain stick ..I do not know if it could be ok for forum s friends if I upload them as they come..that s to say upside down .? I steel do not understand why they come out like that and I’m still unable to fix the issue

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Thank you!
I saved the picture on my hard disk, opened it with the Microsoft Picture Manager and rotated it.
Before this I renamed it from *.jpg_thumb to *.jpg
I don't know if it played a role, but, as you saw I reloaded it upright.
Works also if you open it with Paint. It will work with other picture elaboration programs as well, I think.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 08:31:21 PM by DintheDin »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Thank you!
I saved the picture on my hard disk, opened it with the Microsoft Picture Manager and rotated it.
Before this I renamed it from *.jpg_thumb to *.jpg
I don't know if it played a role, but, as you saw I reloaded it upright.
Works also if you open it with Paint. It will work with other picture elaboration programs as well, I think.

The rotation does fix it. I used to have the same problems of pictures showing up the wrong way around when taking them with my phone or digital camera. Usually just rotating them about to a correct position and then saving them on that does the trick. Even if they look correct on your desktop at first they might show up odd and 'on their head' in the forum.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Ok ..In a few days , from my office ‘s new computer, different from my less performant home apple PC , I’ll try to save again the picts in Microsoft JPEG maybe I’ll work ..otherwise i ll post my picts , with captions and some explanations , in this very rough way and ask a kind soul among you to repost it in the right way

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
- Open the picture
- Hit print screen button
- Open paint
- Paste
- Rotate image vertically
- Save with another name (1,2,3, or a, b, c, etc) using .jpg
- Good to upload

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Sorry too much difficult procedure ..I m not able to use any programme with “paint “ Functions ecc..in fact the original scanned image is perfect no need to rotate It....the problem arose when I see the result here..it has rotated by itself ...really annoying

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Sorry too much difficult procedure ..I m not able to use any programme with “paint “ Functions ecc..in fact the original scanned image is perfect no need to rotate It....the problem arose when I see the result here..it has rotated by itself ...really annoying

Please look at a PM I sent you. Cheers!

Offline chokidar

• Assistant
I am pretty sure that book is still in print and more than probably still in copyright - for those who care about such things…

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Well it’s a book certainly out of print :
https://issuu.com/rivista.militare1/docs/l-esercito-borbonico-1789-1815-test
The few colour plates, not all , that I would have liked to share here are a minimal part of a huge book..so we are speaking about a small part of it...I understand that if I could risk to brake any law or forum rules it s better that I avoid to continue...I m open to any suggestion/guide about that eventual issuefrom forum members and from moderator team

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Here is what the forum rules say:

2.1 Copyright material

Since the forum owner can be legally held responsible for copyright violations on the forum, you may NOT, under any circumstances, post, promote or request illegal copies of copyrighted material of any kind, including but not limited to scanned/digitized versions of rulebooks, magazines and software as well as unauthorized copies of digital products sold by their respective copyright holders.

This also includes links to P2P and other download sites. Posts violating these rules will be deleted without notice.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=122307.0

Those are the rules... however, I have seen lots of uniform plates posted on the forum.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:30:05 PM by Ray Rivers »

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Yes i understand but i was just thinking if posting a minimal part, few colour plates, would also bč a breaking of those rules or even an embarassement for the forum owners? In fact It happen to see limited specific plates posted here and in other well known legal forums...my aim was, as always, to share with non italian menbers , less known or even exotic sources and tips about military history of my country possibly from rare to find sources .....maybe an answer to my silly questions could have been " dont ask ..dont say" ;) ;)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:48:20 PM by italwars »