Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:00:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694276
  • Total Topics: 118596
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Beastmen help with mini suggestions  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Beastmen help with mini suggestions
« on: August 13, 2023, 12:06:50 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting a little help with some beastmen Gor suggestions. I'm wanting a few beasties that lie somewhere between the very simple foundary beastmen and the current over the top AoS Gor herd.

I touched up these guys which I think is the vibe I'm looking for. I'm very particular to the goat heads as opposed to fawn heads.

What could I look for?

Cheers
Matt

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Beastmen help with mini suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 04:09:28 AM »
There are a lot of 3D printed options on Etsy.  I’ve been checking for some myself as I prepare to build a Beastmen army for The Old World and Oathmark.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 08:04:40 AM »
I’ve gone with the GW plastics which aren’t too bad. For me they still give a bit of an old school vibe.

cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 08:51:16 AM »
There are some nice Bob Olley beastmen in the Ral Partha Europe Chaos Imperium Range:

It's worth remembering that people will pay a fortune for Bob Olley's GW beastmen (and black orcs), but many of his equivalent figures for other companies are cheaply and readily available.

You mention a preference for goat heads over faun heads, but where do you stand on crocodile, dog and rat heads? (I've never understood why Citadel/GW went all goat after the initial glories of Trish Carden's camel-men, seahorse-men, eagle-men and slug-men - why shouldn't chaos be chaotic?).

Deeper in the same range, there are some non-Olley beastmen with slotta tabs, which might fit well with the two you posted:

Midlam Miniatures does some great beastmen too: there are boar-men, ram-men and dragon-men (all by Bob Olley), but also some rather good fishmen:

Reaper Bones does some interesting beastmen:

And their big gnolls are nice if you want a unit filler (shown here with Frostgrave gnolls, which would fill a 25mm base perfectly well):

The Alternative Armies dogmen are essentially gnolls, but are nicely scaled as Gors (I have the older set, second below, which fill 25mm bases nicely; they're quite bulky):

Finally, the monopose Battlemasters and Warhammer beastmen are often available quite cheaply on eBay - it's worth keeping an eye out:

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 09:55:34 AM »
Conquest games Myths of Albion range ones might be worth a look and also Crooked dice do some.
Edit: They may not be what you where after, but it would be a bit disingenuous of me not to mention the brood slaves in Crusader miniatures fantasy range!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 09:59:46 AM by westwaller »

Offline Luigi

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 12:38:51 PM »
Threads like this one are rather dangerous. With all these great suggestions one might end wanting to start a beastmen army and add yet another pile of miniatures to his pile of shame

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 07:20:37 PM »
Knightmare Miniatures have a bunch of great beastmen, including a few weirder options, they're not the cheapest though.

https://knightmareminiatures.com/category/pantheon-of-chaos

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2023, 08:31:09 PM »
I second the Conquest Games ones. They come with various poses, weapon and shield options.

http://www.conquest-games.co.uk/index.php?cPath=41_60&osCsid=29810q2vtufsl03gfkjr9gr915

'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2023, 10:23:03 PM »
OOh you gents are legendary, thank you kindly!!

Threads like this one are rather dangerous. With all these great suggestions one might end wanting to start a beastmen army and add yet another pile of miniatures to his pile of shame

Isn't it just!! 10 models or so for skirmish should be safe right?!  ;D

I’ve gone with the GW plastics which aren’t too bad. For me they still give a bit of an old school vibe.

Ah so you went the fawn plastics, its a tough choice, if the sprues also came with goat heads id go that or the frostgrave gnolls i think as they are more available here in Aus.

But as they don't I'm loving those midlam miniatures, Conquest and Ral Partha. They have the right old school evil vibe about them! Might just have to pay shipping from over the seas. But thats easily going to run more than a new box of GW :(

Is there Goat heads available for the ungors or Gnolls anywhere that you know?

Or what gen WFB should i be looking for on ebay, something after the 5th gen monopose right? Or is 3-4th gen good?

Thanks gents!!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 10:42:23 PM by Constable Bertrand »

Offline Dubbya

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2023, 02:57:23 AM »
Goat Heads from Australian company Victoria Miniatures might help? Some sci-fi goggles on a few though.

https://victoriaminiatures.com/collections/heads/products/beastman-heads-x10

Also, if you don't mind we'll dressed goatmen, there's Crocodile games. I wish I could buy them locally...

https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemList.cfm?catID=24&sort=prodID

Offline Plisken

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2023, 02:30:41 PM »
Lucid Eye have have their Brash Horde. Six beastmen plus a leader and shaman. They're pretty expensive but nice minis.