Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:09:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694269
  • Total Topics: 118595
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Resistance isn't futile  (Read 12959 times)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
Re: Resistance isn't futile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »
That's pretty good for just a months work!

They look even better as a group!

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Thanks tomek!
I painted my first batch of Perry DAK minis. Here are four riflemen, a Leutnant with a SMG friend, a radioman (forward observer) with a friend with a SMG and binoculars, and a light mortar with loader (the two prone guys). I used two slightly different colours for their uniforms, maybe most clearly seen on the guy standing to the right with a rifle.

Next up is some gangsters I bought from Dixon Miniatures. Unfortunately they are more heroic scale, some of them have heads twice the size of the Perry models.   :o I'll just have to use most of them in their own unit and hope for the best.  o_o

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
I'm liking the DAK! But can you just clarify, are they to be used as DAK in a field grey uniform or as late war infantry wearing gaiters? Or both?

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
Thank you. They will mainly be used as occupational forces in Denmark. That said I'm prepared to use them wherever some Germans may be needed. :)

Here is a comparison of the Dixon minis to some of my other models. From left to right we have a Perry German, Musketeer, Warlord Games and three Dixon. Unfortunately you see that not only are the Dixons much bigger, they also vary between the blisters. I'll just have to use most of them in their own unit and hope for the best.

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »
The gangsters are all finished which is good since I have my first game scheduled for this Saturday. :) I went for mostly natural colours on these guys, so they're mainly grey and brown.

Some of the models looks like they'd fit quite well as yakuzas, or maybe as part of some Asian militia type unit.

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »
I've converted a tripod for one of my German machine guns so it counts as a MMG.

The loader is magnetised and can be removed:

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 08:03:22 PM »
That's really cool! Nice work on the tripod too, is it made out of a paperclip?

How did the first game go?

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
Thank you!
Yes, it's a paper clip. The first game was a blast, the resistance defended some barrels of aquavit from the evil Germans (mainly Space Germans since my friend used his Death Korps of Krieg :D ). Very fun and exciting game.

I finished my Panzer III Ausf J in just a few hours. :D

If you can guess why it's number 45 you win a virtual Danish. ;)

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »
More Germans:

I've continued to experiment with Feldgrau variations, here's a new one that's even more grey than the rest.
And I've magnetised the two helpers.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 06:22:46 AM »
What a wonderful project, and your work rate is outstanding!  I have quite a bit of free time and I can't even keep up with that!  lol

Also, nice to see a proper resistance force taking shape. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 07:37:51 AM »
some really great stuff you've got going there mate ;)
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
What a wonderful project, and your work rate is outstanding!  I have quite a bit of free time and I can't even keep up with that!  lol

Also, nice to see a proper resistance force taking shape. 
Thank you!
some really great stuff you've got going there mate ;)
Thanks!

I've converted and painted a unit of the Schalburg Korps, the local Danish branch of the SS. This was a unit of nazis and criminals working as guards and in counter-resistance operations. They were responsible for a lot of killings of resistance members, often made in revenge for a sabotage, and these killings were called a Schalburgtage.
The conversions I did was the turned up trouser legs on the outside of boots, this was a speciality of theirs.

They had a black SS uniform with a Danish royal (IIRC) shield on the left arm; three blue leopards and nine red hearts on a yellow field.

On the right side of the helmet they had a white sun cross (circular swastika).

The Schalburg Korps was very hated by most of the Danes, and many of them were liquidated by the resistance after the war.

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »
really cool 8)

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 11:41:02 PM »
Thank you!
A few more riflemen, I'm waiting to build the last few models until I get my WGF models in the post and see them in hand.

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »
I got my loose sprue order from Warlord, and I've been cutting and gluing for a few days now.

From left to right we have: a SMG guy with arms from the Perry DAK set, head from British Commandos and a body from the Anglo-Zulu War British Infantry set (AZWBI from now on). Then we have a LMG guy with arms and weapons from Wargames Factory's late German set, head from commandos and a AZWBI body.
Next we have a kneeling helper to the bazooka guy with head and hat from Pike & Shotte infantry, arms from the soviet infantry sprue, rockets from the US weapon sprue and a AZWBI body. Behind him we have the bazooka guy with head and arms from the commando sprue, weapon from the US weapon sprue and a AZWBI body.
Next we have a kneeling sniper with arms from the commando sprue, weapon from the US weapon sprue and a AZWBI body. His head is also from the AZWBI sprue, but the tropical helmet has been cut and filed down into a flat cap. Behind him we have his pointing spotter with the pointing arm from the commando sprue, pistol arm from the Perry DAK, head and body from AZWBI . This head also has a flat cap treatment. This was actually a very easy conversion and I'm really happy about them.
Then we have two commandos all made from the commando sprue, except the Thompsons from the US weapon sprue. These will be FOOs.
Then we have a light mortar guy lying down, with head from the commando sprue, soviet infantry body and arms from the Perry DAK. Behind him we have his kneeling loader, with body and head from the AZWBI sprue, but the head has had a new woolen hat fitted, and that's from the Pike & Shotte infantry. His arms are from the Perry DAK.

That's seven different sets of models. :)