Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:44:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Favorite Lovecraftian Beasties...  (Read 9941 times)

Offline Auton

• Mad Scientist
    • The Lead Mountain Blog
Favorite Lovecraftian Beasties...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 04:38:03 PM »
Here's ones I redid a while ago. Repainted after lying undiscovered in an attic for years (sounds like a Cthulhu plot!)

And an explorer to find them  :D

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »
Auton, I like the explorer.  Do you recall what range of miniatures he came from.  Also I've never seen that "Dark Young" model before either.  Is that a custom model or is there another range besides RAFM that carries that one.
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Auton

• Mad Scientist
    • The Lead Mountain Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »
All the monsters are from the old Grenadier range. I'm sure I read somewhere that someone was going to be re-releasing them...

The explorer is an old Citadel figure, from their Gothic Horror range

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
Nice Auton. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »
Those Deep Ones are wicked...I remember having them as a child. Gone now like those fading last days of summer... :cry:

Offline O gato Mortimer

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 09:04:29 PM »
I like the explorer!! :love:  good work!
Vai o gato metido nun saco, vai o gato pra terra da Laxe...

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
Re: Favorite Lovecraftian Beasties...
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:07 AM »
Great Race of Yith.  Creepy, but really not a bad bunch of guys!

Offline B. Basiliscus

• Scientist
  • Bless us and splash us, my precious!
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 02:50:14 AM »
I like just about every creature in the mythos.
Mi-go, shoggies, and Starspawn are in the top of my list.

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »
Non-Lovecraftian Monsters:

weres that are not wolf/bear/rat/shark/boar/jackal/tiger, unless they are in the process of changing - and still in street clothes (breaking out of them or trying to hide inside them).  Brundlefly, perhaps?

Monsters in our midst.  There are tentacles coming out of baby carriages and wells and even washing machines... but the episode of X-Files comes to mind where the repairman's butt shows evidence of a tail...  or maybe there's a woman in a veil hiding a tentacled chin... or gills being unsuccessfully hid by a sloppy scarf...  It doesn't have to be just body parts, either.  There are quite a few weapons being hidden figs.  But there's as much potential with a backpack or gym bag or purse as there is for a doctor's bag.

Objects that are really monsters.  Is it really a basketball? A chaise lounge? A mirror?  A welcoming park bench?  A tropical houseplant? A forest log or restful rock seat?  Or is it carnivorous and only faking it, hiding its teeth or nematocystic tentacles or strangling vines?  (Not all tentacles are cephalopodic).

How about some shapechangers that have the look of native North American spirits?

How about some Indian (as in Asian) fakirs?

Some animated skeletons that don't have ancient weapons?  Better yet, sculpt some human bone skeleton dollies that we can pose (or drape) as we like.

Some evil-looking shadows that start along the base, hit a bend and then run vertically, as if up a wall:

I'd like to see one based on the sinister comicbook hero, another looking much like a Lovecraftian servant of Glaaki, ghoul, Yithian, or deep one... or perhaps a hunchback or monstrous Mr. Hyde or Jack the Ripper, hag, wraith, or Boston Strangler, horned demon, mushroom man, a midget on stilts, a human with fairy, bat or angel wings, an ass a la Midsummer Night's Dream's Bottom, Peter Pan's shadow ... whatever.  You could have a lot of fun with this.  This could be really useful as a marker for when someone rolls a successful "spot hidden" or "psychology" roll upon a suspiciously acting character...  It can stand for true unseen natures as shadows or even reflections in mirrors or pools.

Evil humans: the beurocrat, the school principle, the nasty boss, the wicked and thin skeletal rich woman (like Cruella deVille), the corrupt politician, the Shylock money-lender, the con man, the arsonist, the religious zealot, the pimp, the drug pusher, repo-men, or tax collector, shady orphanage manageress, theiving street urchins, teen vandals.

Lovecraftian Monsters:

Sand Dwellers (a cross between RAFM, Grenadier, and em4's would "unite" them enough to look like a group), including a female with baby or sandblasting "dishes" and a couple of younguns making dolmans with sandstone rocks, or perhaps a tribal elder or shaman drawing sand pictures...

female figures of any Lovecraftian race (I've yet to see a distinctively female deep one or serpent(wo)man for instance!)  How about a deep one female that fancies herself as beautiful as a mermaid?  Give her a mirror and a comb, and pose her seductively on a rock... LOL

star vamipres

fire vampires (although Anima Tactics has a great fire demon that works, I'd like to have a couple more in other kinds of poses):

Gnoph-Keh (only one I've found is from RAFM)

Hyperboreans (only one I've found is RAFM's... in the Gnoph-Keh pack)

New Yithians/Great Race  (I've only got my Grenadier Giant Beetle to suffice)

MORE Mi-Go!

Insects from Shaggai

Xiclotlans

Servants of Glaaki

Shantaks (perhaps in adult and child sizes)

A few reptilian Lloiggor (the Greater Independant Race and not the Great Old One)

A couple more zoogs (similar enough to the sculpt from RAFM's 2923 Dimensional Shambler pack, but in different poses)

a small hunting horror that works with Grenadier's?