Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693867
  • Total Topics: 118559
  • Online Today: 835
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Original Grenadier Miniatures  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: Original Grenadier Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
Yep, same minis.

Not quite.  The Copplestone Castings ones are reworkings by Mark Copplestone of some of his earlier sculpts, with new additions.
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
Not quite.  The Copplestone Castings ones are reworkings by Mark Copplestone of some of his earlier sculpts, with new additions.

Aha, sorry, I meant The Mirliton, eM4 and us ;-)

G
Suppliers of Wargaming "Stuff"
www.forlornhopegames.co.uk

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
Shredder - the page links from your main page don't appear to be working, I keep getting 404's.

Which link is that mate?

G

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, hehe. I'll keep an eye out for the new releases, specially more troopers  :-*

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
Good luck with this, it will be nice to have a few new variants for the Robots.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
I happily own several of those future wars minis, and welcome seeing more.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
A fellow forum member found my post on another site and suggested I should post here too.

We currently stock a lot of the original Grenadier range of miniatures. This covers the Future Skirmish and Fantasy Warriors ranges in 28mm, but I suspect it's the Future Skirmish you guys would be interested in ;-)

http://www.forlornhopegames.co.uk/#/FutureSkirmish

There are currently 117 figures in this range but we have plans to increase it by releasing new figures as some of the groups only have 5 or so miniatures in them (but then the 5 piece rock band is fine with only 5 figures ;-) Our first project is to increase the "Robots" range. This currently contains 5 robot figures that were inspired by the Terminator films. You can view draft concept artwork here for the new figures …

http://www.facebook.com/ForlornHopeGames

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me posting this here and I hope it is useful to some of you.

Cheers

Gary

I did! :D Good to see you posting Gary.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »
Mirliton.it has the most complete Selection-incl several Vehicles,the Warbots etc.Mirliton sells the Future Warriors in Packs (5 Minis per Pack usualy)

And charges a considerable amount more per figure that EM-4 it has to be said. Remember that Doug does have other moulds for other of the Grenadier ranges so more of the original ranges could still see the light of day.

Gary, I like most of the concept art, but, the spec ops and the flamer, (to me) don't seem to fit, as they are a little over stylised, I'd look to an integral flamer, (rather than what looks like human kit) or to the flamers used on the bikers/NBC troops (no back pack integral fuel canister). Spec ops: again seems like an model that appears too human, maybe play with the targetter unit/enlarged eye sensor or something like that, but the fins on the head aren't for me.

I sent you through some ideas for the other ranges, which I think that people would also find of use.

Of course this all hinges on a suitable sculptor so would be good to know when that's been sorted.

Cheers

Ther Commander

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
Concept Art:

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 08:50:30 PM »

I like the overall concept and I know this is fiction, therefore one is entitled to us his imagination

But, although the pose seems quite realistic, I could not imagine a killer robot like that advancing with care
my sci-fi references are very poor but I cannot recall a stromtrooper (i always see them as robots), a terminator, a scylon (is tis the correct spelling?) or a dalek (now I'm being silly) walking like that

but besides this I like the look of them :)
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »
I do have to agree, hence my comments on the too human weapons and poses, have variety by all means, but remember the source: relentless, dominating robotic killers. Pose 1 and 4 are my favourite.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 01:07:57 AM »
And in that concept shot there's also another problem (as least for me) - gripping the gun by the magazine. Is it changing the magazine?  ???

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 02:58:39 AM »
I really like it when robot troops have human elements to them. I think the whole idea of making human shaped robots, but having them not be human, is counter-productive. If you want a robot with integral weaponry, why not just make a tank shaped robot? On the other hand a robot that can use any weapon available makes sense to me. It may not be realistic, but do we really want realistic science fiction? I don't. That's why I like Star Wars and Doctor Who and G.I. Joe.

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
Some good comments guys, thanks a lot.

The rationale behind the use of "human" weaponry is that this is standard model robot with interchangeable weaponry. Personally I really like the new Cylons (not that new anymore) with the integral weapons in their arms and would love to follow that route with each weapon/role having a different make up. Why only 3 arms? why legs? why tall and thin?

But the aim is to fit in with the existing range, so they are standard robots with weapons.

I take what you are saying about pose 2. Why am I sneaking around? If I die there are 500 to take my place.Ye good arguement. Maybe he's going to be advancing on a downed enemy and is about to stomp all over him :-)

I like the pose and think I'll keep him in.

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
And in that concept shot there's also another problem (as least for me) - gripping the gun by the magazine. Is it changing the magazine?  ???

Well spotted. I'll kick the artist ;-)

Gary