Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10482
  • Latest: Veroo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694238
  • Total Topics: 118592
  • Online Today: 694
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1732039 times)

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #5550 on: December 10, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »
Well the new canoness sold out immediately and is listed as "temporarily out of stock" not a good sign for a pre-order.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #5551 on: December 10, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
Pleasantly surprised at the price of those female Inquisitors in the Made to Order section. They sell on ebay for twice as much.

I've been waiting for months for a reasonably priced one. Wasn't expecting to get it from GW!

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5552 on: December 11, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
Spire of Dawn set sold out already!

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #5553 on: December 11, 2016, 10:24:26 PM »
Spire of Dawn set sold out already!

Not surprised at that price. I expect to see the sprues cluttering Ebay in the coming weeks.  ;)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #5554 on: December 11, 2016, 10:48:31 PM »
Not surprised at that price. I expect to see the sprues cluttering Ebay in the coming weeks.  ;)
[/quote

Don't worry, it'll be coming back soon.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #5555 on: December 11, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »

Don't worry, it'll be coming back soon.

I hope that's true of the Sylvaneth Darkroot Wargrove box. I pre-ordered with my FLGS (hate that term with a passion) and it seems they kept the pre-orders open expecting further stock when none was promised.  >:(

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #5556 on: December 12, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
Only the pre-orders have sold out; when they are "released", they will be back in stock. Of course, that does mean you'll be kept waiting a bit a longer, but it could be worse.

Speaking of which, the LE Canoness sold out everywhere online and in stores within about 3 minutes flat.
And instead of just allowing customers to pre-order more (like they are doing with their "Made to Order" range of models), you have to sign up to an email notification for when they are back in stock and are then limited to one per customer per purchase (assuming you get the email, and log in, and buy it before they are sold out again).
Considering they sold out again several times over the weekend (in  just a few minutes each time), their current sales method doesn't seem to be especially efficient!  ;D

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #5557 on: December 12, 2016, 10:27:47 AM »
I suppose GW having limited stock of any given thing means that they aren't over stocked which probably makes shipping, distribution and storage easier. More importantly though it creates an urgency for the consumer which gets people to part with their money a damn sight quicker than having something always there that 'I'll get next week' only to be put back week after week until forgotten about.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5558 on: December 12, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »
Only the pre-orders have sold out; when they are "released", they will be back in stock. Of course, that does mean you'll be kept waiting a bit a longer, but it could be worse.

Speaking of which, the LE Canoness sold out everywhere online and in stores within about 3 minutes flat.
And instead of just allowing customers to pre-order more (like they are doing with their "Made to Order" range of models), you have to sign up to an email notification for when they are back in stock and are then limited to one per customer per purchase (assuming you get the email, and log in, and buy it before they are sold out again).
Considering they sold out again several times over the weekend (in  just a few minutes each time), their current sales method doesn't seem to be especially efficient!  ;D

I was going to buy this mini but after I saw how they were managing the sale I said "Fuk it." That would have included buying a whole bunch of paints to go with it.

Don't have time for this kinda crap.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #5559 on: December 12, 2016, 12:13:53 PM »
I dunno, they seem to manage it just fine with their "Made to Order", and that's a limited window of opportunity too - but it doesn't frustrate your customers doing so. People have a week or so to order whatever they like, then the offer ends and GW make as many as needed to fill the orders. Simple, logical, easy.

Besides that, this figure will remain available via mail order for as long as they deem there is reasonable demand for it apparently (so it's not even that limited), but I suspect people like Ray above will just lose interest in bothering altogether.

Like I said, the "email, then hope for the best, but miss out again" is not a great sales model.  :?

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #5560 on: December 12, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
If the new Canoness mini doesn't reappear before Tuesday Im just going to try my luck at the local GW store on Saturday.

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #5561 on: December 12, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
eminis has her on preorder. She is marked as out of stock, but you can still add her to the cart and checkout. I have used them in the past on various occasions and never had a problem with them.

http://www.e-minis.net/imperial-agents/adepta-sororitas-canoness-veridyan-edlimitada-prepedido-p-85383.html?language=en

Might be a bit expensive though, especiqally for those outside the Iberian peninsula since they use signed for delivery.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:26:52 PM by weismonsters »

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5562 on: December 12, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »
I was going to buy this mini but after I saw how they were managing the sale I said "Fuk it." That would have included buying a whole bunch of paints to go with it.

Don't have time for this kinda crap.

Exactly. GW loves these kind of stupid games. I gave up on them a long time ago
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #5563 on: December 12, 2016, 10:20:37 PM »
Exactly. GW loves these kind of stupid games. I gave up on them a long time ago

It's very effective at building hype amongst their fanbase, mind.

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5564 on: December 12, 2016, 10:22:49 PM »
Around here the battleforce boxes were one per store for preorder, and the Sylvaneth one was out of stock already next week for the regular orders... I was really lucky to get one :)

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!