Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1729893 times)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7260 on: August 24, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
that is a pandora's box you have opened there. People lose their shit when you say GW needs more females. (Be it gamers or figures!)

Couldn't care less.

Like I say, there are the only Stormcast minis I'm willing to add to my collection.

Corrected. Thank you. Don't mean to be an ass, but much of the aforementioned squabbling I found to be silly. To each his own.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:29:56 PM by Ray Rivers »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7261 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »
Couldn't care less*

Well the first crack in the new GW armour has appeared.  Rob (the bearded fella who teamed with Duncan on Warhammer TV) has parted with GW.  I'd like to imagine it was for some reason other than GW clamping down on his opinions/etc...but I suspect not.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #7262 on: August 24, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »
What were his opinions?

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7263 on: August 24, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
Couldn't care less*

Well the first crack in the new GW armour has appeared.  Rob (the bearded fella who teamed with Duncan on Warhammer TV) has parted with GW.  I'd like to imagine it was for some reason other than GW clamping down on his opinions/etc...but I suspect not.

They have been advertising his job for a while, Maybe he only wanted to do it for a short while, Or they got him in to kickstart it all as a short time thing with a view to having a revolving cast?
Shame because I found robs commentary during the live sessions to be really funny.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #7264 on: August 24, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
Plastic Sisters Plastic Sisters Plastic Sisters

Come on, say it with me!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7265 on: August 24, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »
So on their facebook page GW are giving away 100 £25 web vouchers for anyone that has already subscribed to their newsletter or subscribes before september 1st.
I had to do a double take, I really did.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Bookworm
« Reply #7266 on: August 24, 2017, 11:03:33 PM »
Plastic Sisters Plastic Sisters Plastic Sisters

Come on, say it with me!
Honestly, if they finally release some and do a good job of it, I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7267 on: August 25, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
I just discovered classic plastic chaos marines in a sealed box at my parents place. What do you guys say, open em up and revel in the nostalgia or sell em off?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #7268 on: August 25, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
I just discovered classic plastic chaos marines in a sealed box at my parents place. What do you guys say, open em up and revel in the nostalgia or sell em off?

Open the box, sniff the nostalgia.....and then sell 'em.
 ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #7269 on: August 25, 2017, 10:50:11 AM »
Open the box, sniff the nostalgia.....and then sell 'em.
 ;)

I agree. Plastic Chaos Warriors and some of the 2nd gen. Multipart plastics were cool, but afaik the marines didn't age that well. Inhale nostalgia and then cheer at the price they'll make in the bay!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #7270 on: August 25, 2017, 11:00:34 AM »
They were good those chaos warriors, bizarre physiques though. It's a shame they've abandoned the teutonic aspect of chaos warriors, I'd love to see an update on that kit (a sort of 'chaos undivided' take on the khorne kits I guess).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:48:51 PM by Jagannath »

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #7271 on: August 25, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »

Join the Oldhammer trading group on Facebook, post a pic of something clearly not 'Oldhammer' and ask 'What this? How much?'.  lol

Pet peeve aside, I'd just open the damn things and paint them up in a fit of nostalgia.  :)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7272 on: August 25, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »
http://ninjadivision.com/ninja-division-signs-license-with-games-workshop/

Games workshop has handed out another third party contract, This time to Ninja Division for a boxed card game.

Description from link :
Ninja Division has signed a license with Games Workshop to create a card game under the Warhammer Fantasy property for the tabletop games market.

DOOMSEEKER™

Doomseeker is a tabletop card game, created by David Freeman and John Cadice, where players take on the role of a mighty dwarf slayer. Each player’s character is sworn by the slayer’s oath to seek a glorious death in battle for a crime committed or stain on that dwarf’s honor.  The slayers eschew worldly pursuits, dye their beards and hair in fierce and fiery reds and oranges, tattoo their ruddy flesh, take up their weapons, and wander the old world seeking their doom battling monsters and enemies of their race.

The Doomseeker card game pits players against one another to see who can die the most glorious death! Push your luck, challenge the denizens and monsters of the Old World, with each victory bringing you more glory, and ultimately your death can be met at the hands of a truly worthy foe! Slotted for release in Spring 2018, Doomseeker will be a boxed card game with cards, dice, and tokens needed to play.

I know I've said it before, But I am really excited about gw's new attitude to smaller developers. I'm sure there's an element of hedging their bets, But giving smaller companies a big IP to play with and gain some exposure from speaks to me of a real passion and desire to support the wider tabletop industry. Also the game sounds pretty fun.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #7273 on: August 25, 2017, 06:20:30 PM »
It's also a shrewd, low risk move for GW. They sell the licensing rights, and if the thing is a flop, well, that's on the affiliate company and not GW.

They'll probably do loads of these little deals and just run with the few that actually catch fire.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7274 on: August 25, 2017, 06:54:34 PM »
It's also a shrewd, low risk move for GW. They sell the licensing rights, and if the thing is a flop, well, that's on the affiliate company and not GW.

They'll probably do loads of these little deals and just run with the few that actually catch fire.

Of course, It saves them having another FFG style break where they suddenly have no third party partners, But when you consider that they could just bring it all in house or hand it off to someone like Piazo or similar then the path they've taken seems like a beneficial one for everyone involved.