Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1729902 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7485 on: October 27, 2017, 09:42:12 AM »
Oh the temptation of it all!!  :o
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7486 on: October 27, 2017, 10:11:40 AM »
Rulebook for that will be released alongthe game, but what worry me more is that you got roles only for Escher and Goliath in main box, and we dont know if rules for rest of the house gangs at least will be included in the Gang War or we will have to wait for another expansion..

The rules included with the Necromunda: Underhive boxed game cover battles set in the claustrophobic tunnels beneath the hives – but gangs also clash above ground, amid sprawling machinery that fills vast domes from ground to ceiling. Necromunda: Gang War is a set of rules that allow the players to use 3D terrain in their games, bringing a literal new dimension to their battles – and also an incredibly detailed campaign system, in which 2-6 (or more!) players develop their gangs, fight for territory and dominate the other Houses.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #7487 on: October 27, 2017, 10:37:14 AM »
Rulebook for that will be released alongthe game, but what worry me more is that you got roles only for Escher and Goliath in main box, and we dont know if rules for rest of the house gangs at least will be included in the Gang War or we will have to wait for another expansion..

What I'm unsure about is if I could just get Gang War and buy the dice etc desperately. I don't really need the starter box and I want to use all the fancy terrain I bought for shadow war anyway. But will the tukes either be available sepeerately or included in gang war?

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7488 on: October 27, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »
Thats a big If.

Measuring by blood bowl 74 pages supplement I would say no..
Page  48 is a furthest page pointed to in the reference sheet.. so unless there is a lot of background in the rulebook or/and rules are super dense written I doubt they will be included in the supplement (Blood bowl model doesnt have them in supplements - but there is all released so far team list in each)

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
« Reply #7489 on: October 27, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
For BB, the core rules are in the main set and it's not available separately.  The add-ons just add extra rules, teams and star players.

For Necromunda, I would imagine you will need the core rules from the box set and then the Gang War book will add rules for playing in 3D terrain and extra gangs.  I'm sure other gangs not in the box will be downloadable from the website.

All I can say is that it's probably worth getting the box set, especially if you can get it from a discounted Indy retailer.  You would be able to sell the gangs and scenery from the box on eBay easy enough if you didn't want them.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #7490 on: October 27, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »
from what I can tell the boxed set has the rules for underhive/tile fighting,  while the expansion is more for the futher up hiveclassic girder and walk ways look.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #7491 on: October 27, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »
They might release Rulebook as stand alone similar to Shadow War but there was no information given on the topic and Starter Box is not previeved as limited release.
So Blood Bowl treatment is almost sure.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7492 on: October 27, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
If you go to the website there is a section for legacy gangs which is currently waiting to be updated , but will most likely provide rules for all the old gangs on release day.

never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7493 on: October 28, 2017, 10:37:47 AM »
New Shadespire factions are up for preorder. 14 pounds (Wayland games price) seems like a good deal grumble grumble $60 NZD grumble grumble buy it on ebay instead
I was surprised to notice that the whole undead set only had 8 skullz featuring on them... and as there are 7 minis that means only 1 that is not an actual head for the mini!  :o
Easily the nicest skeletons GW have brought out IMO
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:40:35 AM by beefcake »

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7494 on: October 28, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »
£13 at dark sphere
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:58:08 PM by majorsmith »

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7495 on: October 28, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
Ohhhhh! Those skeles are lovely! :o

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7496 on: October 28, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »
Look what the postman just dropped off....

A wonderfully produced book of prints by Mr John Blanche.It's a wonderful thing and every image is packed full of wonderful artwork and amazing reimaginings of historic works of art.

The print quality is fantastic, you can clearly see every mark and line without any pixels or blurring.
I'll post up a more detailed review of the works inside the book on my blog soon but I had to show it off now!

And my favourite piece from the book....

A wonderful reworking of JMW Turners The fighting temeraire

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7497 on: October 28, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
 unrelated to my above post ..
Finally, we’ve had loads of questions from Necromunda fans about when Delaque, Cawdor, Orlock and Van Saar will be joining Goliath and Escher in glorious plastic. We’re pleased to say that Necromunda: Underhive and Gang War will be but the first of many Necromunda releases. While Goliath and Escher will be available in their own boxes from day one, they’ll be followed by the four other Great Houses in 2018. If you’re eager to get stuck in straight away, make sure to like the Necromunda Facebook page for the latest news and updates about the game, and be sure to check out the Necromunda website.

So if you just want the mini's you can buy them straight away.
Cool.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #7498 on: October 28, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »
unrelated to my above post ..
Finally, we’ve had loads of questions from Necromunda fans about when Delaque, Cawdor, Orlock and Van Saar will be joining Goliath and Escher in glorious plastic. We’re pleased to say that Necromunda: Underhive and Gang War will be but the first of many Necromunda releases. While Goliath and Escher will be available in their own boxes from day one, they’ll be followed by the four other Great Houses in 2018. If you’re eager to get stuck in straight away, make sure to like the Necromunda Facebook page for the latest news and updates about the game, and be sure to check out the Necromunda website.

So if you just want the mini's you can buy them straight away.
Cool.

There's already a seller on eBay where you can "pre-order" the gangs for £50 ffs.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #7499 on: October 28, 2017, 02:42:48 PM »
Look what the postman just dropped off....

A wonderfully produced book of prints by Mr John Blanche.It's a wonderful thing and every image is packed full of wonderful artwork and amazing reimaginings of historic works of art.

The print quality is fantastic, you can clearly see every mark and line without any pixels or blurring.
I'll post up a more detailed review of the works inside the book on my blog soon but I had to show it off now!

And my favourite piece from the book....

A wonderful reworking of JMW Turners The fighting temeraire

[img width=507 height=598]https://i.imgur.com/FoMfh7C.jpg

Nothing arrived for me here today, I'll be waiting by the front door all Monday!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:20:56 PM by Andrew May »