Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693743
  • Total Topics: 118554
  • Online Today: 751
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chaos In Carpathia Secret Objectives  (Read 3135 times)

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
Chaos In Carpathia Secret Objectives
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
Here are a set of objective cards I made for Chaos In Carpathia. There are two sets, one for each player. In short, after the table is set up but before deployment, each player randomly draws three objective cards from his deck. Each card gives the player a chance to earn 1 or 2 victory points. Generally, earning 1 VP will be fairly straightforward while earning two will require better play and better fortune. I'm not sure if the image allows you to read them. If not, I can take better photos later on. The top left card is just a short explanation of how the table is to be set up and how the cards are used.

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Re: Chaos In Carpathia Secret Objectives
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »
Nicely done, it's nice how something as simple as these cards can really add to your game.
Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
Hi Jet.

Your blog was the main reason I got CiCarpathia, started building my gothic scenery and painting werewolves and vampire minis.

Please, a more in depth explanation of how do you use your cards will be GREATLY appreciated.

And, if possible, better pictures of the cards, and/or a pdf file.

Thanks a lot for all your inspiration.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:50:11 AM »
Hi Jet.

Your blog was the main reason I got CiCarpathia, started building my gothic scenery and painting werewolves and vampire minis.

Please, a more in depth explanation of how do you use your cards will be GREATLY appreciated.

And, if possible, better pictures of the cards, and/or a pdf file.

Thanks a lot for all your inspiration.

Best wishes.

Same for me...
At the moment collecting enough to put on a game at Halloween.

DJ

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »
Thanks for the interest guys. I don't think I can post a pdf or a Word file here so I've pasted the text from the cards below. In short, there are six different cards. Each players deck consists of one each of the DUEL, the HUNT, the RESCUE/KIDNAPPING, and the the INVASION and two each of the SCORE and the SEARCH for a total of eight cards.

The table can be set up in anyway the players want but the following restrictions must be followed.

One player places and/or designates one building or area as the key location. The other player places the person of interest anywhere on the line that divides the table equally between the players.

Each player's half of the table is divided into three zones for a total of six zones. Players take turns placing/designating the six clues in each of the six table zones and determining whether the clue requires perception (i.e. Sharp Senses) or Intellect (i.e. Scholar) to find.

Then, each player randomly draws a predetermined number of objective cards from a stack of  8 (three would be an average game). Games are played for 5 turns with an extension to  6 turns on a D6 roll of 4+.

Keep in mind, any character may search for clues, try to rescue the person of interest, or partake in any other action in order to disguise their intentions.

Finally, if any action causes you to reach your maximum possible VP total, reveal your objective cards, end the game and win immediately.

Here are the cards,

THE DUEL
Objective:
Defeat the enemy leader in hand-to-hand combat with your leader and earn 2 VP.
Conditions:
If any characters other than your leader cause damage to the enemy leader or defeats the enemy leader you gain only 1 VP

THE SCORE
Objective:
Secretly choose one of the enemy characters listed below. Defeat the character in hand-to-hand combat and earn 2 VP.
Conditions:
The enemy character chosen must be either a Slayer, Hunter, Rittmeister, Vampire, Nosferatu, Werewolf, The Monster, Gypsy Knife Man, or a gypsy with Curse of the Beast
If the enemy character defeats one of your characters before he is defeated earn only 1 VP.

THE HUNT
Objective:
Defeat 50% of your opponent's characters and earn 2 VP.
Conditions:
If 50% or more of your warband's characters are defeated only 1 VP is earned.

THE SEARCH
Objective:
Secretly choose one character. The character successfully finds clues to earn victory points.
Conditions:
The character earns 2 VP if he finds (a) three clues on his side of the table or (b) one on  his side and one on his opponent's side.
The character earns 1VP  if he finds (a) two clues on his side of the table or (b) one clue on his opponent's side of the table.
If the designated searcher is defeated by the enemy, subtract 1 VP from his VP total to a minimum of zero. If this card is drawn twice, the searchers may not earn VP from clues already found by the other friendly searcher.

THE RESCUE/ KIDNAPPING
Objective:
Capture the person of interest as outlined below to earn VPs.
Conditions:
Charge into base contact with the person of interest to rescue/kidnap him or her. The miniature now follows the Female Victim special rules. If an opposing warband member captures the POI he/she is now in that miniature's custody instead of being removed from the table. In this way, the POI may change hands back and forth throughout the game. If your rescuer/captor moves to your table edge with the POI in his custody, remove the POI and earn 2 VP. If the rescuer/captor has the POI in his custody at game end earn 1 VP.

THE INVASION
Objective:
Defend your territory or invade the enemy's territory to earn VPs.
Conditions:
If your characters are the only occupants of the key location at the end of the game earn 2 VP. If characters from both warbands occupy the key location at game end but you are in the majority, earn 1 VP.
One player places and/or designates one building or area as the key location. The other player places the person of interest anywhere on the line that divides the table equally between the players.

And as these cards are a work in progress, here are a few clarifications.

1. It is assumed that all clues are TN:2 Mind checks to find. Scholar or Sharp Senses can be added, depending on which type of clue the character is searching. Also, contrary to the usual scenarios, a character can re-search a failed clue with no restrictions. In fact, I am thinking of letting characters spend two fate to conduct a second search on the same turn much like second attacks are paid for. The reason for this is the restriction of only one character being able to search..

2. I am already thinking that the HUNT card will also include "and defeat at least 50% of each henchman group" in addition to the defeat of the characters line.

3. Before the game begins, each player must make sure that the opponent has two eligible targets for the SCORE card. If he only has one, remove one of the SCORE cards from the hand. Of course, if there are no eliglble characters, the player would remove both SCORE cards from his deck before drawing his objective cards.

That's all I can think of right now.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:44:18 PM by jet »

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
Thank you very much, not only for your explanation and the text of your OBJECTIVE CARDS, but for all the inspiration you provide for us avid gamers.

Your blog pics and explanations, the battle reports, and you BEAUTIFUL PAINTED MINIATURES AND SCENERY, plus your narrative style are truly engaging and motivates to try this system.

Thanks again and best wishes.

Offline Lust Lizard

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »
Sounds all very interesting, I'm looking forward to give it a try. You got PM :D