Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:39:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: General d'Armee Video Series  (Read 2333 times)

Offline DCRBrown

• Bookworm
Re: General d'Armee Video Series
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »
G,

The rules allow for varying army and command capabilities, thus for instance, the Allied armies such as Austrian, Russian or say Spanish are usually  not as efficient in skirmish combat, (though they can out do the French in certain circumstances). It is these armies that will generally not be as well commanded as say a French, British or Late Prussian command, but again it can vary. Generals are graded according to their command ability and optional rules cover brigadier quality and each army has a number of bespoke rules that can be used if players wish.

DB

Offline gorillacrab

• Librarian
  • Horse and Musket buff
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
G,

The rules allow for varying army and command capabilities, thus for instance, the Allied armies such as Austrian, Russian or say Spanish are usually  not as efficient in skirmish combat, (though they can out do the French in certain circumstances). It is these armies that will generally not be as well commanded as say a French, British or Late Prussian command, but again it can vary. Generals are graded according to their command ability and optional rules cover brigadier quality and each army has a number of bespoke rules that can be used if players wish.

DB

excellent answer - thanks for the clarification
Prof Challenger, I presume?

Offline Lardy Rich

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 09:30:10 PM »
Evening all,

Just to let you know that we now have all 8 videos on YouTube with them covering the complete game cycle and a bit of a play through. 

You can find the last one here:

Follow the links for the rest.

We will be at Partizan on Sunday with Dave running a game and me standing there looking daft.

Cheers

Rich

Offline baxterj

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 12:54:35 AM »
Thanks for these Rich

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 02:56:38 AM »
Evening all,

Just to let you know that we now have all 8 videos on YouTube with them covering the complete game cycle and a bit of a play through. 

You can find the last one here:

Follow the links for the rest.

We will be at Partizan on Sunday with Dave running a game and me standing there looking daft.

Cheers

Rich

Excellent! I will look at all the videos Saturday when I am at work and then look in on the game sunday at Partizan....the thing that always scares the shit out of me about Napoleonics is I would need so many figures....it's the same with ACW
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt