Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: HOTT Post Apocalyptic Adventure  (Read 909 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
HOTT Post Apocalyptic Adventure
« on: May 20, 2017, 03:32:16 AM »
This is just kind of a heads up to a new project I am undertaking – that of creating 4 post apocalyptic armies based mainly from various movies/TV for basic ideas, but also some books I've read on the subject. I won't be starting until I finish up the last few elements for my Weird WWI German army and get it based, which should also allow for some additional bits I have coming form Pendraken for the vehicles I'll be doing.

The 4 armies are:

Road Warriors – think of the bad guys in all the Mad Max movies, as far as the figures having a very punk rock appearance, and of course some fun vehicle conversions. And of course a Gyro-Copter made from a motorcycle figure.

The Law – taking as much as possible from Mad Max, but also from just how I envision the Law might still be in a post apocalyptic state that still retained some semblance of civilization. Planning a patrol car, a SWAT van and a motorcycle here.

The Survivors – Think of the guys in the "gazoline" compound in the second Mad Max movie, but also some bits from the movie The Postman. No vehicles for them, but plenty of horses.

The Creepers – Think of the bad guys in I am Legend, and the look of the War Boys in mad max Fury Road – bald heads, whitish skin, simple hand weapons, teeth and claws. City dwellers from the ruins of once great cities or towns!

All of my vehicles will be from Pendraken, and all will be very altered, to reflect a post apocalyptic wasteland. The figures (15 MM ) will be primarily from Rebel with the creepers coming from Splintered Light. And yes, I will have both a figure of Max and "Dog" (an Australian Cattle Dog) from the second film, and Michonne from TWD. I may also add Darryl with his crossbow, also from TWD. Max will be in the Law army, and Michonne and Darryl will be in the Survivor army.

Very much looking forward to these armies, and the opportunity to create some very unique and awesome car beasts!!! Hopefully soon!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: HOTT Post Apocalyptic Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 04:04:14 AM »
Sounds interesting.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »
Have the HOTT rules changed over the years? I still have a first edition set somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »
I am not sure about the first edition of HOTT as I started playing with the second edition. The latest edition really has only one change, which is one that was really universally accepted already - changing the movement for Shooters to 2 and Warband to 3. Other than some new army lists 2.1 is identical to 2.0 as far as the rules go. it also allows for base width movement as an option, but I don't care for that.

It will probably be 3 to 4 weeks before I am able to start on this project due to waiting on an order from Pendraken in the UK. Have absolutely no complaint with Leon and Pendraken only the highest praise, just have to wait my turn and allow for transit time, and experience says usually 3 to 4 weeks after I place an order. Have lots of little bits coming in to help grunge up the Road Warrior vehicles and modify those of the Law.

But I too am anxious to get started!!!

Terry