Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Black Army Website Up  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Black Army Website Up
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:38:34 PM »
I realize it's quite basic - but it will do the job for now, and will be updated as time goes on. There aren't any shots up of greens/miniatures/etc. yet, but the basic data is there in case you're curious what we're all about.

www.blackarmyproductions.com

-Doc

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Black Army Website Up
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:10:22 AM »
Waitingfor the first releases!
argsilverson

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
Thanks, Arg! I'll be sure to let you know as soon as they're ready. I'm expecting to have some greens to show sooner than later (both of these guys work amazingly quickly)!

-Doc

Offline Mad Carew Snr

• Scientist
  • One in the Eye for the little yellow god
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »
 :o That all looks very interesting indeed - best of luck

The Warrior Poets idea is great - I bought a 2nd hand copy of DBA. I looked at it once. There didn't appear to be alot of "game" in it, nor fun.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
Consider me enthused. :)
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:47:45 PM »
Very intrigued!
Loving the sound of Shanghai 1930

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »
Me too.
Shanghai sound great

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 07:41:50 PM »
Glad you're all as excited as I am. That's always a good sign.

The Shanghai '30 setting has been flitting around in my head for several years now, but it was encouragement from Malamute, and the list members here with their many requests for SMP, that put me on the road to ruin!;) Curtis and James are working on some fantastic stuff, and they're both great artists - I can't wait to spill the beans on some of what we're working on.

Obviously, what types of folks inhabit my little world will depend upon what's popular, sales, etc. But you can at least get a rough idea of what to expect as things pan out. I don't think there will be any French in the initial wave, but there should be a lot of interesting stuff in the other areas.

Mad Carew - thanks much on WP. Something else I've been working on for a long time. I hope to have 'Khopesh' ready by the end of the year. My playtesting time has been taken up with BMBL.

-Doc

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »
what pricing are you looking at?
if you can afford it you should really think about trying to be as competitive as you can, obviously i have no experience and cant really say much. but i'm sure the most successful company have the cheapest minis.
and are you thinking of sets or individually?

TW
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »
what pricing are you looking at?
if you can afford it you should really think about trying to be as competitive as you can, obviously i have no experience and cant really say much. but i'm sure the most successful company have the cheapest minis.
and are you thinking of sets or individually?

TW

Pricing will be dependent in large part upon the final production costs of the miniatures. I will sell them as reasonably as I can while at the same time attempting to recoup my investment.

The miniatures will probably be available in sets and individually. There will probably be some benefit to buying them in multi-packs. Again, it depends upon the cost of production. I am still waiting for some information about a couple mold makers/casters, but can't give them much data until the greens are done and ready to be cast. At that point, I will have a better idea of where things stand, and they in turn will tell me how much they'll charge for making the molds, per spin of the mold, etc.

I anticipate that, as usual, mounted figures will cost more than foot, and vehicles more than mounted, etc. Weapons teams will vary somewhat; it depends upon the cost of sculpting for these. Some sculptors charge the same for a weapon as the crew figures, others charge less, or more, depends upon the individual, really.

Unless something changes radically, the miniatures will be the standard pewter or tin (lead free, I imagine, in any case).

Size should average out at around 28mm, with some variation in either direction.

-Doc