Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689345
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Exiledadmiral's Post Apocalypse - Chryslus Highwayman  (Read 12636 times)

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Starting a proper table 11.03.18
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2018, 10:12:34 PM »

So it begins! Excited to get this started. It's only a little 4x2 table for display more than play, I've ordered a vivarium backdrop to stick to the wall that should look pretty cool. Looking forward to getting painting!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2018, 05:34:50 AM »
Looking forward to see that display board finished!

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 08:44:00 PM »
Thanks Ockman! Got a little update today, I've textured and painted most of my Amera pieces and I'm really pleased with them. So far it looks more desert than post apocalyptic but the Mantic terrain I bought will take a little longer than the Amera bits.

I'm working on a little piece of scatter terrain depicting one of the iconic Fallout 2 CGI screens at the moment, it shouldn't take long to finish so I'll probably post that soon then crack on with the Mantic stuff.

Cheers!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Display Table Progress 21.03.18
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 09:18:26 PM »
That looks ace!

I'm looking forward to see your other stuff!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »
Woo, blasters at 21'

Just need some blast craters and abandoned Highwaymen.  ;)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2018, 08:15:51 PM »
Picture heavy update incoming! Long time no post I know. I've been embroiled in the world of 40K and reddit :Shudder:. I have now sworn off reddit, I find it quite toxic and a time sink, without the excellent content and cast of talented characters that frequent this fine forum.

Reaper minis super mutant, a great model with an awful pose! I cut him in half and reposed him so he was facing the way he was walking.

A very nice piece of terrain from Tehnolog. This is the Iron Curtain set, which made both pieces of terrain for just $16, which I was very happy with.

An abandoned plane from a children's toy that I got off Aliexpress. The scale is pretty good I think, perhaps a tad small but for a couple of quid I'm not complaining! I've got another one unassembled that I was thinking about using as a Junktown style barricade/shanty shack thingy.

A wasteland trophy head, some of you may recognise this as the extra head that comes with Brother Vinni's mountain horror, that presumably no one uses on the model itself. I thought it was too nice to leave in the bitz box so I made this mounted head with coffee stirrers.

The piece de resistance! I updated my detolf display case with extra perspex shelves that turn a good display case into a fantastic one! Now all my post apocalyptic minis have their own dedicated shelf and there is plenty of space for new projects in the future.

I'm very tempted by the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare resin starter set when it comes back in stock, but my interest has been more piqued by the Crooked Dice: 7TV Apocalypse kickstarter and it's one or the other at the moment. I think it's a good time to sell off some projects that just won't get finished and get some more post apoc goodness in. Cheers for reading, I'll post better quality photos in the future I promise, it's getting dark early now and I need to think of taking photos while the light's better.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: Exiledadmiral's Post Apocalypse - Long Overdue Update
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2018, 03:20:52 AM »
Terrific stuff - lovely scenery and a great storage/display solution.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
Re: Exiledadmiral's Post Apocalypse - Long Overdue Update
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2019, 01:54:26 PM »
Hey all, little update on the post apoc front. I've not painted much recently and fancied something quick and dirty. I read somewhere that the Fallout Chryslus Highwayman was based on the Chevrolet Bel Air 1957, so a quick trip to ebay and a lovely red dinky car was delivered this morning. One quick disassembly, some dry brushing and weathering pigment later and I'm quite pleased with the result! Although the mat varnish I used to seal it has unintentionally frosted the windows.