Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686654
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Exiledadmiral's Post Apocalypse - Chryslus Highwayman  (Read 12552 times)

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
Exiledadmiral's Post Apocalypse - Chryslus Highwayman
« on: June 06, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »
Hi everyone! I've been browsing the board for ages admiring the work that people have done creating vaults and wastelands for their projects. I've posted some minis over at reddit but you never get much response there so I thought I'd start an account here to share my work and to post my admiration for others.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 01:55:03 PM by Exiledadmiral »

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:51 PM »

My Fallout style paint job of Mitch Hunter from Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Resurrection. He's been on my to buy list for ages and he finally came up in a sale, the model screamed Fallout to me.
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Spfj1

More angles in the album. More to come, not masses but I'm chipping away at my pile of unpainted bits.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:27:41 PM »
That is one badass survivor!  :-* :-* :-*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 03:31:00 AM »
Looks great- I dig the bases :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Thanks! I've got a bad eBay habit, got the bases in a mixed bundle, glad to find the right mini for them.
I'm going to post up my small load of 15mm tomorrow, there's not many really. Thought I'd like to try 15mm from a price perspective but I enjoy painting 28mm way more.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:23:12 AM »
Very good. Excellent basing as well.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »
Here's my 15mm bits. I got some from 15mm.co.uk and some from khurusan. Really impressed with the detail on the khurusan minis.

15mm carnivorous plants from 15mm.co.uk, good for 28mm too!

My converted lorry, inspired by various people like Molotov on this forum. Nothing like up to their standards but it's a start. I'm gonna make some more converted hotwheels cars in this scale even though I'm probably giving up on the figures. Matchbox cars just take up too much room.

And some minis! A few mutants there and a character or two. Got some super mutants almost finished by then I went and bought a load of future shock figures in 28mm and got distracted.

I'd like to get some scenery built and painted, might start that after I've painted the future shock guys. I was really impressed with the sculpt quality of them considering their age. I've never even looked at then before but I saw that prince August had a sale on and went into hoarder mode, bought the lot.

Will update when some more 28mm is done.

Gallery link :
 https://imgur.com/gallery/idEVe

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »
 A nice collection, I like the mutants :)

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »
Hi, long time no post. I've started a new job and we've got a bit if a heatwave in the UK so I've been completely knackered and not done much painting recently. Here's my current WIP bits:

Got some good cheap eBay deals and ordered some bits from Warhansa to give my vault dweller a companion. Unfortunately my deathclaw got missed out of the order so should arrive this week. A few of these are nearly done to be fair, just need finishing touches applying.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »
Very nice! 👍
I should be painting right now.

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
Have to say those are some nice looking figures, and especially love the truck!

I also noticed Max and have one suggestion - since the figure has the right sleeve missing as in Road Warrior consider adding the red rag he tied to the end of the remaining sleeve. Also you have to do Dog to go with him and be sure you give him a red rag scarf too.

Just food for thought. Dog by the way is an Australian Cattle Dog.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »
Cheers Terry, I ought to go back to that model like you say and finish him off. know of any decent 15mm dogs that would fit?

I've got a few more blokes painted up:

Mechanic from Prince August. I really like this model and definitely need to get more civlians for my post apocalyptic world.

NCR power armoured ranger? Close enough anyway.  A Reaper mini with the crappy little laser guns replaced with something more substantial.

The start of a raider gang with mutant savage hound, I've got a few more models that will fit with these when painted in a similiar colour scheme.

These have taken aaages. I really need to get my colour scheme sorted before I sit down to paint. Got some Battle Systems terrain coming because terrain is my downfall really. Should be able to do some more interesting posed shots soon.

More angles in the album:

http://imgur.com/a/XlZzi

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 02:18:19 AM »
Exile,

I am using a Peter Pig dog with my Max R. element. I am sure I have another one. If you are in the US all I need is an address and he's yours. if you're in England and can wait until early November I have a fined coming over for a visit late October and can ask him to mail it on his return home.otherwise the postage would be $13.50 USD minimum. If you're Australia way, I am faced with the high postage for a couple of figures again, but unfortunately no friends coming to visit.

Did not realize you were working in 15 MM, so have to say very nice work!!!!

Anyway, let me know as I am happy to help if I can.

Terry

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »
All very nice but I particularly like that re-purposed Mitch Hunter. Looking forward to more.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »
More bits done, pretty pleased with most of it.

First up post apocalyptic Korben Dallas, The Major from Heresy Minis.

Then a vault security guy from Heresy's inspectors range. It's been done before but I love the minis. Got the rest to paint at some point.

A pack of robed cultists roaming the wastes for converts. Inspired by the Children of the Cathedral in Fallout One, although I couldn't work out how to do the yellow on the robes properly with them being so rumpled so... I didn't bother.

And a close up of boss cultist, a converted Heresy priest with his hand swapped out for a Heresy SMG. Dead pleased with how he turned out.

http://imgur.com/a/Fzbn3 The gallery has more angles, hope you like!