Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686462
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The 2nd. Malakand Field Force...  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
The 2nd. Malakand Field Force...
« on: July 04, 2017, 08:58:40 PM »
Upper lips are to be stiffened as once again General Sir Neptune Blood K.C.B. leads his lads agin the Mad Mullah!
Despite several severe chastisements Mad mullah has been leading his warriors to the next valley looting, burning and adding to his growing collection of severed melons. An emissary, sent into the Bongo Valley with a bill for 20,000 Rupees for the deprivations caused, added another melon to the pile. Consequently The 2nd. Malakand Field Force has deployed into the field to burn the Mad Mullah's hovels and teach him a short, sharp lesson!

:)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:10:29 PM by Plynkes »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Wargamer Dave

• Assistant
  • Lover, Gentleman, Wargamer, Dave
Re: The 2nd. Malakand Field Force...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 11:53:37 PM »
Looking good!

Offline Andrei1975

• Scientist
  • Пыль шагающих сапог
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
Yes, it looks very good. Bravo!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
Battle will be joined within the hour!

:o

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »
May Dingding get the "Blooding" he so richly deserves. Send heliograph with news when able!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:05:33 AM »
The action in the valley did not go well for the The 2nd. Malakand Field Force! General Sir Neptune Blood K.C.B was hit through the bearskin in the first volley, and carried to the rear. Losing the brayns of the outfit, early doors, had a cataclysmic effect on the morale of the force. At the first charge of drug crazed natives both the Chapatti Fusiliers and the Vindaloo Grenadiers broke and routed. The British South Essex and Black Watch, made of sterner stuff, being proper Sons of Empire formed back to back and died to a man... in less time than it took to write this report!
All in all a disastrous foray into the Mad Mullah's valley which added mightily to the growing piles of melons decorating the rocks around the Mad Mullah's village. Celebrations were well afoot when a second dust cloud was spotted on the horizon! The Gurkha Rifles and another Company of Highlanders doubled toward the village in fine style. The Mad Mullah's forces massed agin the little men from Nepal, most of whom had swapped their swords for captured rifles. A ragged volley met the Gurkhas which was replied to with a devastating volley and bayonet charge into the village! So desperate was the fighting that it drew all of the Mad Mullah's beloveds like moths to a flame. The Gurkhas died to a man, their sacrifice enabling the Highlanders to cross the east bridge unopposed, the Highlanders went in with the cold steel and finished off the remnants of the Mad Mullah's underlings. As the bayonets closed in one brave tribesman (who'd kept his sword) fought four Highlanders, killing three before being skewered bigstyle. As he slunk off up the wadi in the dust and confusion Mad Mullah called upon Allah to honour his faithful underling...

"Oh merciful one. Honour Abdul's great sacrifice that this unworthy one should live to fight your fight another day... make his flowers smell nice and his virgins smell even nicer!"

:-*

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:10:57 PM by Plynkes »

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:11:02 AM »
"At them with the bayonet!!!"

Abduhl's last stand alowing his Master to scuttle off to fight another day...

:o
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:12:58 AM by Harry Faversham »

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 08:42:45 AM »
Stirring stuff! Sounds like a bloodbath!

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 10:37:14 AM »
Great report!
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »
This is the sort of game that got me into Colonials. Great report!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
It does help that my wargaming cronies, the Dynamic Dunderheads, are as dim witted as any of the geriatric, donkey brayned fossils, we often sent out from these Septic Isles in command of our young lions!

:)

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 10:30:31 PM »
Cheers!  Nice work.

That was the campaign where the Brits had to march through independent territories of some heavy hitters, to get to the Mad Mullah? Like the Bunerwalls and Afridis?  And said tribes didnt take kindly to British armies marching through their lands? 

For some reason, this reminds me:  Wasnt a "Malakand Field Force" reconnaissance scenario the  original "example of play" theme Larry used for the original TSATF rules?

Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 12:24:46 AM »
If memory serves that scenario was set in the "Chamla Valley," though whether that was part of Malakand I can't say. I always loved that write-up!

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 12:53:29 AM »
If memory serves that scenario was set in the "Chamla Valley," though whether that was part of Malakand I can't say. I always loved that write-up!

LOL!  You are right.   Oh well.  At least it reminded me of Larry.  :)   Now I know.  I re read, for the 100th time, Queen Victoria's Little Wars, with the Malakand chapter. 

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 07:04:21 AM »
I shamelessly nicked it from the Great Man himself, an excellent book, and one of my favourite reads...

:-*