Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (commercial)(Kickstarter) Euphoria: Ghost, amazing modern warfare miniatures  (Read 3683 times)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: (commercial)(Kickstarter) Euphoria: Ghost, amazing modern warfare miniatures
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 03:16:40 AM »
Very nice looking minis at a very ridiculous price!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:19:22 AM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: (commercial)(Kickstarter) Euphoria: Ghost, amazing modern warfare miniatures
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
So one and a half to twice the price of a Hasslefree figure, four times the price of a Eureka modern figure, four times the price of Spectre and three times the price of an Empress miniature?

Bargain! Unless you are casting them in solid gold I'd say good luck with that!
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio năo tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeăo mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »
So one and a half to twice the price of a Hasslefree figure, four times the price of a Eureka modern figure, four times the price of Spectre and three times the price of an Empress miniature?

Bargain! Unless you are casting them in solid gold I'd say good luck with that!

PERFECT!!!  :D

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
Hehehehehe, yeah, I understand you, but there is a small problem, why a Mercedes is more Expensive than a Opel, both are good cars.
Our miniatures are a very high detailed multicomponent and actually you can make more than 200 different soldiers.. Actually.....

By the way, think about that the campaign started one week ago. I will recomend you not to loose the news about it, maybe at the end could not be so expensive as you think. This is a kickstarter campaign, if we get lot of support we will be able to do big quantities and reduce prices giving more miniatures by the same contribution (By the way I think that our minis actually are twice price than spectre, not x4). One of our miniature actually is 7€

In other way we are an small company, not the cheaper, its true (obviously), but neither the more expensive doing miniatures and actually noone has our quality.

You know how kickstarter works, if you like the miniatures, join the campaign and we will see how far we could go.... if 3 days till the end, the way is not the correct for you, you can obviously leave.

Here are some pics about what will come to the campaign, probably as social media stretch goals for free to everyone if we reach it.

Starting of a minimi

Arm with a gun

Think about it :)

pd. Sorry for my English
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:24:24 PM by resinaplanet »

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »
These are not cheap, but I personally don't think the prices are outrageous, in particular if the Kickstarter manages to reach the €10k goal that would unlock another two minis for free.

To me, the sculpts are also intrisically superior to both Empress and Spectre miniatures. Obviously, it remains to be seen how much detail might be lost during the metal casting.

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:36 PM »
The video ones are masters (cause we obviously dont have start the production...), but they are the metal masters, so the quality will be like the painted miniatures of the video.

We show some masters in an Spanish show (Freak Wars).

Deppending the final quantity of miniatures we will do more or less masters to make the mould production :)

Also, as Duke say if we reach 10k (that we think is not impossible) everybody will obtain 2 more miniatures. As many money we reach, many things we could give :)

Actually there is 9 miniatures and 4 decorative weapons for 60€

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »
Mercedes and Opel eh? Are you are saying that these are four times better than a Eureka or Empress sculpt or twice that of Kevin White? I just don't see it myself.

Suggesting that a crowd funding campaign might change its dynamics/ cost/ outcomes mid way through the campaign probably isn't the best way to instil confidence btw.

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 10:41:55 PM »
No no, Carlos, of course!!, I will never say anything similar, I will never compare prices with miniatures, not for being 4 times better need to cost 4 times more. Sorry If you dont understand what I wanted to say, was my fault cause my bad English.

I wanted to say that ours are multicomponent that allows you to make much more combinations and possitions. This is a fact. If its better or worse cannot be say. I think that Both Empress and Spectre are very good miniatures. By the way ours are multicomponent.. and this is better, that its the comparation between a Mercedes on a Opel.

In other hand when you start a campaign you have to take in consideration the initial cost. Obviously there are some cost that are common like advertising and design all the core miniatures. If we give 15 miniatures to everyone, we probably will loose money if we only get the 6000, but, if we reach more (15.000 for example, the initial cost has to be divided into all the backers, so it lows the price very much, that why we can give more miniatures at same price).

Take a look to the campaign, follow it, maybe you will be interested in the last days :)

And please take all my words with an smile, a forum is few expressive.

Again sorry for my bad English.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 11:03:29 PM »
Mercedes and Opel eh? Are you are saying that these are four times better than a Eureka or Empress sculpt or twice that of Kevin White? I just don't see it myself.

Again, PERFECTLY!  :)

I think that's the kind of cocky attitude that makes for a serious lack of something of valour. Time will tell, as we're already seen that kind of "we're better than anyone else in the industry" shit before.  :)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:05:49 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 11:32:08 PM »
Hi Dinohunterpoa, I dont remember to say that we are better than anyone in the industry XD

By the way you was the one that saids

"Very nice looking minis at a very ridiculous price!  Grin"... maybe not very polite

We have been doing miniatures and sceneries from more than 9 years, and we can tell you that obviously we are not the best neither between the 50 better ones. We try to do the best that we can, but we are not the best.

By the way I appreciate your comments about us, and I allways try to learn from any comment that anyone say me :).

the mind about "we're better than anyone else in the industry" is not my style. You are telling me, laughing on me, that my miniatures are expensive, ok, I am answering you why they cost it, and not, they are not made in gold XD hahaha. I loved that comment, they are made in "Peltre 0% pb"

Here is again the link of the campaign :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1481757250/euphoria-ghost

We are a small company and we respect too much Empress and Spectre whose are much bigger than us:). Spectre is doing amazing vehicles that we will never be able to do.

But maybe we are disturbing a little the forum, I accept all the critics, of course, and if you wanna keep talking about this here I dont have any problem :), but maybe could be better to talk in pm :)

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 09:43:15 PM »
Great news. If we reach 8000€ every pledge will obtain for free a new miniature. The ghost with heavy weapon (minimi)

Still in W.I.P.

Let's do it!!!

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Hello! We are trying to make the campaign more accesible, so we have decided to create a new pledge level without any stretch goal but with a reduced price of 45€. If you know anyone that cannot afford the 60 € pledges, talk to them about the opportunity of having 8 miniatures at 45€.

Support us on kickstarter
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:31:49 AM by resinaplanet »

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 04:57:51 PM »
I've been following this Kickstarter with interest. The primary reason is not because I like the sculpts, which I do as I mentioned before, but because it represents an interesting marketing/psychological experiment.

The minis are arguably expensive, but I personally do not believe this is the reason why the Kickstarter stalled so badly after a flying start. Pricing of miniatures, as for other luxury items, doesn't really make much sense anyway and many of us are prepared to pay ridiculous prices if the product feels desirable. I've personally bought more expensive miniatures of lesser quality.

To me, the primary reason is that the incentive to early backer was too high, so that anyone who came later feels cheated. The single pricing at €60 also makes this assymetry far too obvious.

To use an imperfect analogy, if I went to a bar with steeply priced drinks, I might grumble a bit but would probably still order a drink. Further, if the ten customers at the front of the queue would have gotten a free bowl of crisps, or a discount on peanuts, I wouldn't mind. Though, if I realised that 100 customers before me got far bigger drinks for the same price than me, I'd likely just leave the place and go to another bar. This is arguably not entirely rational but a sense of being treated fairly relative to others is an important aspect of commercial transactions.

I appreciate you tried to rectify the problem by adding new stretch goals and introducing the new "no stretch goal" option. However, I do not believe these address the most fundamental challenge your Kickstarter is facing.

Offline resinaplanet

• Bookworm
    • Resina Planet
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2017, 12:54:53 AM »
Hi Duke Donald.

It looks like to sound strange saying from me, but I agree with you. Very probably it was an error, by the way you also feels cheated in black fridays day?

Sorry for my English I hope that you understand what exactly I am saying, everything is said with an smile :)

Very probably I did a mistake adding 4 miniatures for free to the ultraearly and 2 for free to the early. Well, this is a bit hard to explain and maybe my English is not good enough, but I will try to do.

When you start a campaign, you dont know how it will works, yo dontk know if you will reach 2.000€ or 20.000€. You have to create the campaign blind. I make numbers, and I check that 6000€ will be enough to not to loose money. And here is how I make the objective. The problem is that I need 100 people to fund the campaign, and usually it is not hard for me, but not very easy. Ok, thats when I think like my old campaigns to create an early and ultraearly giving 300 miniatures for free no taking in consideration my time of producing them cause we need the campaign to pay the modeler and the materials (remember that I am the caster).

Ok, it was very usefull cause we reach the goal in 2 days. wau!, it was fantastic, much better than expected, and now its when the problems obviosly comes. As you said, the number 101 will get 4 miniatures less than the 50 first ones!!!!. (This is probably the main error, should be 2...), and the price is high. 60 € for 8 miniatures is 7,50€ each miniature...

People maybe could think that I am cheating them... no!!!, O my god, I will never cheat noone, people who knows me , known how I am.

The campaign was designed to
1 option:  Arrive to 6000 and get there....
2 option: have too much success and unlock many many miniatures reaching social media stretch goals and stretch goals making the difference between the ultraearly and basic less  (if we unlock 6 miniatures ultra will get 20 miniatures and normal 16, not so many difference)

I have to admit that probably its not a good focused campaign, and have to say sorry for the ones who thinks I am cheating people.

I can only say that If all people in doubt enter to the campaign, we will raise much more funds and unlock more miniatures making the differences smaller and being closer to the 2 option than the first one.

As I allways say, if 2-3 days before the end of the campaign dont like the way choosing, you can allways left, this is kickstarter.

We are actually working non stop to give more and more options to our ghost, here are some of the new weapons that we probably will include the next week as socialmedia stretch goal, if they are finished...

They are obviously in very early WIP process

In this moment any pledge has include 2 additional miniatures and for decorative weapons and we are less than 200€ of incluiding another miniature.

I hope that I have explained propertly, and sorry again for my bad English.

If you like our job, please, support us, and let see how far we can go.

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate getting the right balance in a Kickstarter is challenging and there are tricky tradeoffs involved. The strong incentive to early backers clearly allowed you to reach your funding goal very quickly. I also never wished to imply you aimed to cheat anyone. I like your project and wish you all the best with it.