Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A War in The East  (Read 74025 times)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: A War in The East
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2019, 05:41:03 AM »
Do the BTRs come with the rubber tires pictured? Or are those just painted resin tires? Or did you add them later on?  ???

Apart from that question, cracking stuff! :o
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2019, 07:52:20 AM »
Another interesting read, thanks.

It is really useful to see what you can do with the available kits, and what needs to be upgraded/fixed.

It has inspired me to have another look at my BTR-80A.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2019, 08:33:03 AM »
Ah, its a long post, so I forgot some things. No, the wheels on the BTR-82A are from the Micro-Mir BTR-60 kit. They look a bit more like the ones on the real vehicle than the BTR-80 wheels do. I also have a resin of the same wheels in resin which could have worked.

...And yeah, the BTR-80A was planned as part of that post. Though as I said in the post I wound up using its turret for that BMP-1 conversion - only to then have another turret provided after I'd started on the model. The first post I made on these vehicles I believe discusses the BTR-80A however, so that may be worth a look on which details to change (from what I recall its the vision ports which are configured differently at least).

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
Keep on truckin'.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
Ah, its a long post, so I forgot some things. No, the wheels on the BTR-82A are from the Micro-Mir BTR-60 kit. They look a bit more like the ones on the real vehicle than the BTR-80 wheels do. I also have a resin of the same wheels in resin which could have worked.

...And yeah, the BTR-80A was planned as part of that post. Though as I said in the post I wound up using its turret for that BMP-1 conversion - only to then have another turret provided after I'd started on the model. The first post I made on these vehicles I believe discusses the BTR-80A however, so that may be worth a look on which details to change (from what I recall its the vision ports which are configured differently at least).

Okidoki! Thanks for the heads up!  :D

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #425 on: July 31, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »
Doing my best with a terrible internet connection, here's some of the stuff I've been working on lately. :)

The Nationalist forces have been redone. Now wearing a more uniform camouflage so they look less like a rag tag militia. At least on the face of it. Whilst their uniforms may be the same colour, a lot of their gear is still a random assortment of second hand military stuff.

These are the same mix of manufacturers. Empress, Eureka, Footsore, Spectre, Tiny Terrain Models, and probably others. Empress American heads tied the more disparate Cold War Soviet Figures in with the more modern ones.

I may go back and touch up the green a bit so its a bit more grey. The SPG-9 Recoilless Rifle base isn't finished either. Which will be done in the same overgrown look I've gone with for the others (made to fit in with all the urban terrain we're always playing on obviously...).

Here's some images of the board from a more recent game too. Lately I've been going through my unpainted miniatures collection and adding a good few bits of smaller scatter - like cardboard boxes, benches, bins, rubbish piles, etc. Lamp Posts were made too to replace the telegraph poles I'd been using to give a more modern appearance to the board.

Currently I'm in the process of updating some of the buildings with more items in their interiors and making more shops. There's a few buildings in these images I haven't posted properly here before. Like a pair of cafes. - which will need some touching up before I take any proper pictures (one of them's sitting cut in half right now to make it a bit more functional in games). ...They'll make an appearance once I remember to take some proper pictures. ;)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #426 on: July 31, 2019, 05:48:28 PM »
Those figures look good.

That board looks awesome.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #427 on: July 31, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
That is an amazing looking table.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #428 on: July 31, 2019, 06:54:19 PM »
Superb stuff. I had been wondering how some of those minis would look with headswaps. I think I might have to follow suit!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #429 on: July 31, 2019, 07:19:21 PM »
Lovely terrain!

(the minis are also very good)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »
I'm liking the redone Nationalist forces and that table is very nice.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #431 on: August 02, 2019, 11:27:04 PM »
Wow! You hard work is paying off. The table looks great.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »
Just a short post to say that I've started a Sale thread in the bazaar to offload some of the models from this project which haven't seen much use (mostly vehicles). If you're interested then here's a link to it. :)

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=119695.0

Online Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2019, 08:12:45 PM »
Love your table.
Also, PM sent about your for sale items.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2019, 09:03:41 PM »
At the moment I'm just in the mood to bring down the collection a bit. As I look at what I have and realise that there's whole swathes which so far have never been used. Its a hobby to build these things, but well, after a while you begin to run out of space and get sick of looking at some of your older models. :)

Thanks for the interest of course. Tomorrow I'll be going through the rest of my Modern collection, and then most likely my Post-Apocalyptic miniatures too (along with the terrain). The Separatists and potentially a deal of my Middle Eastern models may be a part of that (don't even mention all the unpainted stuff...).