Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:09:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689778
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Get your motor running...The Devil's Run (update: all done!!)  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Get your motor running...The Devil's Run (update: all done!!)
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »
VROOM! VROOM!
I collected part of my Devil’s Run Hell’s Highway pledge at Spiel and quickly started painting the miniatures. They are terrific! Lots of detail on those tiny cars, karts, buggies and bikes and the resin is easy to clean. Some have some weird flash or air bubbles but I don’t care a lot. After all, it’s a game set in a post-apocalyptic future.

Grappler

I don’t know why but somehow, I love painting pink cars. It adds some silliness to them? I think this one was done in less than an hour. The pink was a matter of basecoating, drybrushing and washing. And for the grime, rust and dirt I used Modelmates weathering liquids. Fun one to do!

Del O’Ryan

This was one of the Kickstarter freebies and what a totally cool one! Of course, I had to paint it in the ‘official’ colours, but it does make him a bit monotone and boring in terms of colour. But still, painting went fast, he looks weathered and he’s done for gaming!

Krackarts

The Krackart is one of those cool oddball karts; it features a very strong and powerful rear side with big thrusters which makes it ideal to ram vehicles in the front. So the Krackart swerves around a car, moves in front of it, brakes like a madman and CRUNCH! Cool concept!
The Kickstarter came with an extra Krackart so I had three…and somehow I thought of Hewie, Dewie and Louie…so the colours were easily determined. And here’s the inspiration:

I’m working on the Wyvern now and we’ll be playing our first game this Thursday. But at the moment I am having a blast with this game. Excellent miniatures, they paint up fast and the rules seem like a lot of fun!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:56:35 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Get your motor running...The Devil's Run
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:56:23 AM »
And more of these awesome scults done!

Wyvern

Awesome sculpt of a Beetle with a dude with chemical flamer in the back. Apparently the flamer fires caustic flames, melting cars. Very handy in taking any armour off...
The flamer quickly broke off due to my clumsiness but I replaced it with the front end of a rifle. Works well enough.

Law Haulage Company Commander

The big car from the Law Haulage Company. Nice chunky model. Easy to paint too. Fun fact: in the first game we played with this vehicle he didn't even manage to activate. A Krackart in front of him rammed on the brakes and moved 7 squares backwards...doing a whopping 17 damage to the Commander. CRUNCH.

Law Haulage Company Interceptor

I just love this vehicle...it's like a big hulking tank that keeps on going and moves through everything in its way. And in a sense, this is true! It can't fire any weapons but it is deadly in ramming, crunching and bashing.

Law Haulage Company Defenders

Cure cuddly bikes...that are tougher than most buggies! They are very handy in the game as the riders use shock sticks to zzzzzzzap any vehicles close to them. Very annoying to play against, a lot of fun to field.

Law Haulage shot

Purple Caussairs

Grimm rider Neith

One of the 'Kickstarter only' rewards: a Knight on a bike. Right...what's not to like?! A fun model to paint with excellent details. I'm not too fond on the blue though. I think red would have been better.

Muggy

This model is actually an old style Mini Cooper, but I added lots of resin accessories to make it even more silly. Although it was a lot of fun to paint, all of the stowage slowed it down a lot! I see now I still have to wash those ropes on the stowage...oops.

The Fortress

And another Kickstarter reward: a second Interceptor. I painted it in the colours of 'The Fortress', an alternative card for the Interceptor that came with the box. It's almost identical to a regular Interceptor but has one more Speed (which is huge!).

Hydrone

Also a 'Kickstarter only' reward, a weapon! The Hydrone is a pimped fire hydrant: it's got a jet engine and fires a machine gun! It operates as a Drone in the game. A vehicle that has a Hydrone can launch it and the thing can move around and fire its gun. Love the idea and the model is funny too.
And that finishes all of the Devil's Run miniatures I -currently- own. More is on its way, but for now it's done. The models are fantastic and tons of fun to paint. And it always gives a good feeling to complete a project (for now ;)).

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: Get your motor running...The Devil's Run (update: all done!!)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:07:53 PM »
Cool! I like the variety of colors, with just the right amount of grime.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza