Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic soldier company stock levels?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Plastic soldier company stock levels?
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:24:35 PM »
Hi Chaps,

I have been away from 20mm WW2 for a while but having dusted off my little collection I decided to add a few more tanks and infantry Battalions. I think that my favourite manufacturer at the moment is Plastic soldier company in 20mm but almost everything seems to be sold out?

Has anyone any idea if they will be replenishing their stock soon? I imagine someone on here will know.

Just had to mention also I just discovered Hat make Polish WW2 infantry.... Frontline make a lot of the groovy little tanks. Good times to be a gamer!

Thanks

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
Re: Plastic soldier company stock levels?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »
WE used to stock PSC at work.

The problem we had is that they often run things in batches and will only sell to suppliers in batches, so you will find certain things will remain out of stock for along time while stores are overstocked on certain other items. We found it very difficult to deal with them because we simply had no idea when certain core products would be back in stock.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:56:06 PM »
Thanks Nic-e, it seems that they may be at the end of a batch. I will be patient.

In the meantime I just need to locate a copy of "Unit Organisations for the Russian Front" By Mr Marsh or even Scenarios for the Russian Front. I have a copy of Spectre Operations rulebook in exchange for either of these... I can live in hope of finding a half decent copy but I feel like its a chapter out of "The name of the Rose" hunting for them! I swear these copies have been hoarded to prevent the spread of knowledge

Offline Tim

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »
I haven't ordered models from anyone on line in years, and not meaning to undercut other retaillers, but have you tried going to the PSC site?  Lots of clicking to drill through menus, but I found their customer service really good.
--
Tim

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »
Hi Tim, yes it was the PSC webpage that I was on. Everthing I looked at bar the Russian infantry in summer uniform seemed to be sold out

Offline moiterei_1984

• Mad Scientist
    • My hobby blog
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »
And why not just drop them a mail?  ;)

There‘s a contact form on their site
http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=6&zenid=f4b82d6a4ab58a296b50d358d8532d4f

and they’re usually rather quick to respond.

Cheers

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 02:21:39 PM »
Any particular sets you are after? We had plenty of stock at Crisis, though we sold out on a few items. The S-Models kits are always tricky, those fly off the shelves after a restock.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
Hi Gunbird,
German Infantry as a start and the Russian infantry support, do you have a website?
1984....I may try that though I honestly did not want to bother them. I imagine that they are busy and having the hassle of my email would just add to it.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:48:26 PM by ulverston »

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:54:12 PM »
Hi Gunbird,
German Infantry as a start and the Russian infantry support, do you have a website?

Ah, sorry, I manned the PSC store at Crisis as the EU sales (as in being able to speak multiple languages), hence me asking. The stock was brought by the team running http://www.productsforwargamers.com/, you could send them an email as they do the shows now for PSC but I'm not quite sure how everything works between the 2. I just do sales and translations on the day. Hope that helps, sorry I can't be of more help.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 11:00:21 PM »
I've only bought 15mm PSC stuff, but have found multiple retailers, and eBay are generally better options than buying direct.

@ulverston - interesting user name, I used to live there but have moved south since.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »
I also used to live there Fred....I also moved South! It pretty much is the only way out, I am currently in Preston.
 I understand Gunvird, thanks for the heads up....I was also after the box of 38t's. I will give ebay a good look around.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:09:00 PM by ulverston »

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 11:09:50 PM »

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 11:14:59 PM »
Thanks I had not thought of them....I will have a look now.

Thanks again Chaps