Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:43:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1/35 Post Apocalypse - A tale of Chappie, Power Armour & Bill Murray  (Read 2754 times)

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
Greetings,

So I managed to grab a bunch of cool 1/35 models from Not Yet Dead Miniatures before they closed down, and also had some other kits floating around for my (currently stalled) cyberpunk project as well as just general bits box.

Vague plans to do some This Is Not A Test in 1/35. Scenery will mainly consist of no-scale rubble so that it can be mixed with 28mm figures also when required. The setting will be a mash up of ideas, loosely based on Fallout but with a higher tech level (i.e. apocalypse happening in the 2000s and not the 1950s). Probably no zombies, but mutants/ghouls may make an appearance.

First few models completed. First up we have a mercenary robot heavily inspired by Chappie & Elysium. Thinking bright colours, mismatched parts & graffiti on him;

Next up a 'lone survivor' type with his faithful companion. I wanted his power armour to look lived in, and be basically his armour, home & transport all in one

And last but not least, a NYD miniature, who looks suspiciously like Bill Murray in The Life Aquatic. Also with a super cool doggo in gas mask

More to come, including more generic survivor types, bandits and wasteland warriors, and maybe some evil corporation henchmen also.

Cheers,
The Baron
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:15:50 AM by The_Baron »

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: 1/35 Post Apocalypse - A tale of Chappie, Power Armour & Bill Murray
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:33:44 AM »
lol nicely done.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:56:30 AM »
Very nice.

Yes his resemblance to Bill Murray is startling.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »
Very cool. Is Bill Murray going to get a life aquatic paint job too? And is that a Tau weapon for your robot's face? Very creative.

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 02:25:35 AM »
Bill Murray will be getting The Life Aquatic paintjob for sure, grittified of course. Someone over on facebook suggested The Life Apocalyptic  lol
It's a real shame they have shut down, the models are super nice and the resin casting is flawless.

Yes robot head is the end of Tau weapon, main components are a 1/32 Pegasus T800 Endoskeleton (a cool, but fiddly kit).

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 04:19:57 AM »
First few models completed. First up we have a mercenary robot heavily inspired by Chappie & Elysium. Thinking bright colours, mismatched parts & graffiti on him;
Yes, think Chappie after Ninja and Mommy get him and dress him all up gangsta.

Next up a 'lone survivor' type with his faithful companion. I wanted his power armour to look lived in, and be basically his armour, home & transport all in one
And i know when you posted this before people asked how this guy was in the PA, er how he fit.
I been loving this kitbash. And for me he isnt all there. Maybe torso up. More like GW Dread than PA.
I am loving it and cant wait to see it with paint.

And last but not least, a NYD miniature, who looks suspiciously like Bill Murray in The Life Aquatic. Also with a super cool doggo in gas mask
Yes, BM survived Zombieland, to a point, why not the zed apoc that happened halfway through Life Aduatic?

Grimm

Offline rexscarlet

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
Very Cool!
Have you seen Master Box (plastic model kits) ?
1/35 Zombies and Desert Battle series, as well as other Gems

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 02:48:55 AM »
Very Cool!
Have you seen Master Box (plastic model kits) ?
1/35 Zombies and Desert Battle series, as well as other Gems

Cheers! Oh yes I've got both! The Desert Battle ones are really nice (except for the heads which are a little funny) and the zombie box is a great kit too. There are always lots of cool bits that you can add to customise things

And i know when you posted this before people asked how this guy was in the PA, er how he fit.
I been loving this kitbash. And for me he isnt all there. Maybe torso up. More like GW Dread than PA.
I am loving it and cant wait to see it with paint.
Grimm

Thanks Grimm, yes there was a lot of debate on it. I think at the end of the day it makes more sense than GW terminator armour, but I agree the legs are an issue. I deliberately lined up his waist with the waist of the suit which made sense at the time, but perhaps I should have sat him a little higher in hindsight. I think with some paint on him it will be even less obvious/

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »
Thanks Grimm, yes there was a lot of debate on it. I think at the end of the day it makes more sense than GW terminator armour, but I agree the legs are an issue. I deliberately lined up his waist with the waist of the suit which made sense at the time, but perhaps I should have sat him a little higher in hindsight. I think with some paint on him it will be even less obvious.
I think that no matter which route you take he is gonna rock.
I have 2 of those suits myself. They are quite useful.

You ever though to do a little surgery and put him a bit higher in the suit to "look better" for the fig?

Grimm
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:44:59 AM by Grimmnar »

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 10:46:29 AM »
You ever though to do a little surgery and put him a bit higher in the suit to "look better" for the fig?

Grimm

After a lot of drilling and swearing I managed to pry him out and raised him up. Just blu tack for now, will need to resculp his chest and straps. What do you think Grimm, better?

Offline Pouet-Pouet - Freddy

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 07:49:48 AM »
Robot in first is nice.

Poor T800 to became a Tau

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »
After a lot of drilling and swearing I managed to pry him out and raised him up. Just blu tack for now, will need to resculp his chest and straps. What do you think Grimm, better?

I liked him before as well as now.
Either way, i dont think there is no way to model him to look like he dont belong in that PA full time.
Now get him painted. :-)

Grimm