Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690900
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Need boats badly!  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Baggins Wood

• Assistant
    • The Deep Blue Sea
Re: Need boats badly!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »
Hi RaFonaRaFona, Ciantys list is excellent. In another thread here "Matters Nautical" I've put a fairly mediocre (I was making up some quick ships for a game) photo or two of the Gary Chalk brigantine that gamer Mac mentions - and also a ship made from a cheap toy that (with a little persuasion) splits into two cross sections. That's how I put in the cannon and curtains. It would also allow for a Captain's Cabin and Gun deck, and the deck cargo grating on the toy opens to the interior. It was for sale in the UK about six months ago in all cheap toy shops round these parts as a Pirate Playset. I will try and post up some pictures of the original and dismembered versions. It needs a bit of conversion work. Only proviso is that it's more suited to the Major General's "place holder" idea of scales - i.e. although 28mm scale it's only a foot long.
"...That would also be the French"

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »
I have pegasus barrels , great  :-* ready painted

I have Aisnty/ old crow trade goods , great  :-* but you need to paint yourself

sorry can't help on the boats but I would possibly try and make my own if available from the link above.

dodge

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
For a mixture of different size pirate boats there's always minimi models:
http://minimi.co.uk/pirates/
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:48 AM »
Knuckleduster make a pack of 2 wounded horses, complete with saddle & saddle bags.
Great help!

I liked the Old Glory.  You were right, the ones that are in multiple layers are waaay too expensive.

Does anyone else know of multi-level merchant and/or pirate ships for 28mm?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I have been looking forever with no luck.

Speaking of dead horses...anyone know where I can get a dead horse mini?

Again thanks for the help.  Everyone here is cool.  I'm glad I stummbled onto the site.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackcatbases.com

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
We do alot of barrels etc in various sizes http://www.blackcatbases.com/prodtype.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=100&numRecordPosition=1.

Erm... on the page linked to above with individual barrels, you say "...if you are looking for Barrel groups please see the small scenery section.".

Where is that? I don't see a "Small Scenery" link down the left-hand column anywhere, and a quick rummage through some of the links that look like they might be relevant doesn't show any barrel groups.

I know keeping a growing website organized can be tough (been there, done that) but I've noticed oddities like this elsewhere on the Black Cat website as well.

Best thing to do is add a direct link from that individual barrel page right to the grouped barrel page! Make it easier to take our money, you know you want it!  :)