Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Season 3 Leaderboard  (Read 48298 times)

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »
Its also interesting to note the number of times some of the matches have been viewed! Shows how popular this has become!

Not to rain on the parade, but some of those viewing totals may be inflated by the participants obsessively checking their vote totals... ::)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2009, 09:36:36 PM »
Its also interesting to note the number of times some of the matches have been viewed! Shows how popular this has become!

Not to rain on the parade, but some of those viewing totals may be inflated by the participants obsessively checking their vote totals... ::)

Or, what I do, go back often to look at the many great entries long after I have voted.  Some, I even save on my PC for inspiration.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »
… or even simply looking for new questions and comments  ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »
Yes Im sure that people go and check the totals all the time, I do several times lol but even taking that into consideration there are A LOT of people going back to do it, that was my point, is like watching a close horse race!  :o I have not done one of these before and had no idea how it all worked or how intense it could become! I may have to bow out as I dont think I can keep painting up! I "wargame" and as such have many other projects to work on (such as a 4'x8' layout of the Legations for the Boxer rebellion in 25-28mm, a new gladiator arena, and a 4'x8' "Final Days Berlin 1945" for 20mm) but who knows this LPL is very addicting!  :-* and it took 6 years to collect all the buildings for "Berlin" the Reichstag, Reichschancellery, Brandenburg gate, and 20 or so other 20mm buildings  :o I guess it can wait a bit longer to get worked on! I think the biggest "problem" with the LPL is it makes me want to by and paint all those great minis I see put up!

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
I'm not sure it's really possible to "bow out", as in drop out of the race.  Instead, your last entry will simply continue to be shown in each continuing round. 

And anyway, if you have a lot of minis already painted, simply submit them in each new round.  You won't earn the "new team" bonus points, but you might still do pretty darn well.  In last season's LPL about half of my entries were newly painted, while the other half were things I'd painted some time ago.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
Somehow I think forcing a competitor to remain in the league fails the "it's all for fun" test.

As for the pace, I'm pretty certain I will have to roll over at least one and maybe two rounds to make it to Round 10... 'cause I really want to paint my giant chicken.  :D

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »
I understand, the you last entry stands and it should. You need the compeitor count even to make the matches line up. By "Bow out" I just ment fewer or no new entry's lol.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard after three rounds...
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »
And the field is starting to spread out...  ;)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »
Still dropping, ah well, at least I entered a new team in every round but the first 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
Eep, going down  :D Let's see, if I drop 12 places each round I should end up... 117th?  :D :D
Ah, improvement - this time I only dropped ten positions...  :D
Pil - same here!

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Still dropping, ah well, at least I entered a new team in every round but the first 8)

Happening to me too mate,

each time I enter a team I think is better than the last (except rnd 3) I thnk that should make a show of it I meet someone who has done the same  :D

Still its great fun and is getting me painting and I think improving, that can only be a good thing  ;D

chin up  :D

dodge

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »
God dropped 11 places from third equal to 14th. :o
Well at least I am not 13th unlucky for some ;)
I think I am improving as well but the shame is "So is everyone else" :'(

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
Yep,

Folks are definately upping their game.

Some marvelous entries and a weekly store of "eye candy" of every sort!

:-*

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37:57 PM »
Woohoo, first win :P

And my bugs have a 2nd chance this round. If only the opposition wasn't soo good looking (eruh..  or maybe that should be evil looking).

But now I'm also a bit fed up painting Bugs. The two rounds of them totaled 33 models , so I'll take a (well deserved) rest and nicely do "only" five models the next two or three rounds before going back into full scale production.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline warhammergrimace

• Bookworm
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
I'm enjoying this quite a lot and its helping me plough through a good chunk of my grey army. Though I'm stalling at the moment with the Mounted unit for next round. I may change and paint a different unit. I seem to have painters block with the mounted unit, its half done and its been like that for a week now.