Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686601
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 6 - Leaderboard  (Read 51369 times)

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
Re: Season 6 - Leaderboard
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Congrats to all participants and winners. So well deserved. It has been a pleasure following all your great efforts and hard work. So, so many fantastic and inspirational entries this year.

And a big thank you to "the organizers" for setting up this great annual event. A time consuming project and think we all really appreciate you investment in this.

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »
Congrats to everyone and thanks ray for making these every week- I admit I've been eagerly awaiting them each week to see results & such  :)

Dr.M slammed me down from 2 to 11 in week 6, but I climbed back to 5th in the end:a pleasant surprise.  Not too shabby  :D 

Congrats Dr.M on the undefeated position!
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
Great LPL everyone, thanks to Prof and Ray for making it all happen and congratulations to Dr. Mathias for a well deserved win with ten stunning entries!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
Well done everyone and congrats to the winners.

*opens beer*

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33:52 PM »
How are the bonus points for round 10 awarded?

Is it in the following way:
10 pts new team
10 pts maritime
10 pts 2nd team
10 points large vessel/monster.

Nope..   :)

From the rules:

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, and gain 10 bonus points.

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, and include a second team of five or more miniatures portraying their opponents, and gain 20 bonus points.

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, include a second team portraying their opponents, and include a ship, large animal, or other creature and gain 30 bonus points. Please make sure we will be able to see the whole ship/creature/whatever on the photo of your team.

In that order... for a total of 60 bonus points.

In short, you have to paint the 10 miniatures first and then the ship.  ;)

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
Morning all

There aren't any entries to vote on this morning  :'( what do I do now?

Just want to say a particular thank you to the Prof and Ray for all their hard work. Despite all this extra work they also managed to find the time to compete like the rest of us. Well done gents and thank you, doing all of that could not have been easy

Take a bow Dr Mathias, very well done indeed
Congratulations to all others that took part, the standard was superb, it was a real pleasure trawling through so many loveley entries. Finally a big thank you to all of those who took the trouble to vote and comment

I really enjoyed my LPL and got a lot of lead painted (and bought though ::) )

Best wishes for LPL 7 and all who sail in her
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »
Congratulations Dr Mathias for an impressive record given the competition.  There are some truly gifted painters around here.  The composition of the scenes as well as the layered lighting some people achieve is inspiring.  Thanks again Prof and Ray for the weekly grind.

I missed that hint from Bugdsa & Orctrader as well. Good trick to know.

I’m up for ten more rounds. Who’s in it? ;)

I need a few months to recover and deal with all the work around the house I have been ignoring. :D
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:26 AM »
many much thanks to the Prof and Ray from here, too! Splendid work! Much fun and very very cool LPL, that I was part of this year!

As for the entries: stunning, great, excellent, brilliant! Hadn't have such excitement while watching pix in the net for quite a while!

So thank You to all my fellow combatants! Hope to battle You next time again.    :-*

best wishes from Germany
DK

best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
Nope..   :)

From the rules:

In that order... for a total of 60 bonus points.

In short, you have to paint the 10 miniatures first and then the ship.  ;)

lol me being naive... Ah well I have a painted ship now  lol Thank you very much I had tons of fun the last 10 weeks painting miniatures I would otherwise never have painted. And ending 25th isn't bad for the first time. Thanks to all the participants and to you Prof and Ray for organizing the LPL. Congratulations DR. M. with the first place more than deserved.

Strange enough I didn't paint a thing this week....

Greetings

Za

Offline mraaker

• Schoolboy
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2012, 01:18:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for running this and doing all the painting.  It was just too much fun getting to see and judge.  Some of you are horrible painters and some of you are unbelievably good and I love it ALL.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
Congratulation the the winner and everyone else who participated. It's been another busy 10 weeks, but very enjoyable as well.

Many thanks to the organisational committee!

Now time to put down the brushes for a while and recover  o_o
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »
Thanks to everyone involved in the LPL - the painters, the organizers, the voters, even! I know it's called a competition, but it's much more than that. It's a showcase for skills and techniques, for new (and even old) models that you suddenly realize you need, and it's a great framework for bringing an already tightly-knit forum even closer together. After watching from the doorway this year (again!) I know how I'll spend the next ten months - improving my painting and learning to photograph miniatures. The second one is really the key, because I plan to take part next year and join the rest of you kings of painters! (for a couple of months, at least...)
A brilliant ten weeks - I look forward to it every year. Congrats to the winners, congrats to all the painters, and thank you to the organizers for their hard work.
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani