Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Strange Aeons Battle reports...now with added Kulten  (Read 17671 times)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
Re: My Strange Aeons Project
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 04:13:01 PM »
Nice stuff, I need to get back into the game; I also have the solo deck, so I don't even need an opponent...  ::)

Thanks, the Solo deck is nice and fun and great for learning the games or if my friends are busy. Although it did lead to some odd moves like the pistol cultist running into combat, it was a really slick AI. Roll on the next game!

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
I really... really hope Uncle Mike will do a amall Strange Aeons Kickstarter
Rulebock Reprint
Solo Cards Reprint
Twisted Fate Reprint
Missing first edition Treshold minis reprint in blue resin
Some new Monsters
Some new Treshold Agents
Backcatalog
Thats all...
Fast and simple :)

Cultist#83

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 02:15:50 AM »
Nice reports and some cool pics!  Your mini collection is coming along nicely.  Terribly envious you have a solo deck to play with (You too Argonor!), and echo harleyface's wish for a restock of some of those items.  As an add I love that KS priestess model and wish I could get hold of one.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 03:13:32 AM »
Stock costs money.... :(

Unfortunately I think a Kickstarter or batch ordering is the best we can hope for. I sincerely hope that we can expect to see some new product made regularly available in the future. There are "Print on Demand" websites out there that could help with the "rulebook problem".

It's a good game, and I will be playing it for years to come. (And introducing others to it-) don't let that frustrate you.

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 08:07:21 AM »
Nice report. That GW scenery really suits the creepy theme and isn't too skull heavy.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 10:11:46 AM »
Thanks folks.

I did a little unboxing video for the Dark Puppeteer (sadly I had a brain freeze on the camera front so i tends to shift aspects).

it's a lovely mini with lots of nice details. Looking forward to painting it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apLTqFcbuos&t=157s

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »
Back once again with another solo game. This time the team are trapped in the middle of a strange ritual site in the swamps and have to escape. The scenario: Escape into Danger!

So after the last game, my team still consist of the leader Nathaniel Moran and agent Marshal Cranston both with a better Dex while agent Marion Carmine didn't gain any advancements.

Up against them this time is a Cult Leader with a cleaver and Dodge to duck those newly honed shooting skills, a Cultist with shotgun and knife, 2 Cultists with 22 pistols and knives and a Maniac with a cleaver.

The ruins of the ritual site are set and we're ready to go, with the Lurkers gaining the first turn.

To start with the Cult Leader moves up and ducks behind the arcane pillars for cover.

One of the Cultists get a little over excited and charges forward with a movement boost towards Marshal.

Finally, cackling away, the Maniac wanders forward, hoping to ambush the agents.

Quickly readying his rifle, Marshal takes out the approaching Cultist.

While Nathaniel and Marion edge around the swamp in order to stay clear of the Maniac.

The next turn begins and the other Cultist moves into the ritual site, but is out of reach with his pistol.

While the shotgun Cultist moves ever closer to Nathaniel.

And the Cult Leader observes the actions of his loyal followers.

In the Threshold's turn, Marion makes a break for the exit while Nathaniel clears a path by shotgunning down the cultist in the ritual site...Something that doesn't seem to phase the Cult Leader as he passes his Resolve check.

Marshal then runs up to support his leader as he sees the lurkers creeping in.

In a sudden fit of rage, the shotgun Cultist, charges Marshal, both going at it with their knives, only for Marshal to get the better of the situation, and taking the cultist out.

Seeing his men getting hacked to pieces, the Cult Leader charges into Nathanial, only to meet the same grisly end as the rest of his cult. Cleavers meet, and Nathaniel hacks the leader down.

The Maniac charges forward but doesn't reach the agents, but his insane gibbering is too much for Nathaniel, who fails his Resolve, and once more requires his Tight Boots to console him. Marshal on the other hand keeps his cool.

Marion keeps pushing towards the exit, only a few small inches away to safety.

To give Marion the time to escape, Marshal and Nathaniel step back away from the Maniac.

In his turn, the Maniac charges Nathaniel, who cleaves into his head, only to have the Maniac's tough ability negate the attack.

All Marion has to do is escape for the Threshold to complete the objective. But before that, close combat needs to be resolved between Nathaniel and the Maniac.

In a rare feat of strength, Nathaniel swing his cleaver, landing a critical hit, taking the Maniac's head clean off.

While that took out the last of the Lurkers and counts as a win, Marion was unable to escape the board, and as such, the objective wasn't completed, and the team wouldn't gain the post game bonuses for the scenario.

In the post game, no map pieces were found, which means the team are yet to find any, but 2 advancements were gained. Nathaniel gaining a new skill, Armour Piercing, while Marion gained an additional wound.

No injuries is a good thing, but the lurkers will gain an extra 4 points to spend to in the next game from my 2 consecutive wins, plus standard 19 for my advancing team...It's only a matter of time before the team run into something far more dangerous.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:07:24 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:06 PM »
Great After Action Report.  Enjoyed the read with the pics.

:)

Offline The Bibliophile

• Scientist
    • Scrum in Miniature
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
I like those bubbling pits. Did you craft those or buy them somewhere? I think I need some now...
Scrum in Miniature (my gaming blog): http://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com
Scrum Con (my miniatures+RPG convention in Wash, DC): https://sites.google.com/view/scrum-con/home
Above the Fray Miniatures (my minis company): https://sites.google.com/view/abovethefrayminiatures/home

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 10:52:48 PM »
Gale Force 9, Battlefield in a Box - Toxic Pools
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »
I really... really hope Uncle Mike will do a small Strange Aeons Kickstarter
Rulebock Reprint
Solo Cards Reprint
Twisted Fate Reprint
Missing first edition Treshold minis reprint in blue resin
Some new Monsters
Some new Treshold Agents
Backcatalog
Thats all...
Fast and simple :)

Great Idea!
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 10:54:13 AM »
Thanks folks. If anyone has any ideas of how to make the battle reps more entertaining to read, just let me know and I'll have a play about for the next one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:37:13 AM by gmanrocks »

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »
Nathaniel and co are back. This time they sneaky cult they've been a thorn in the side have enlisted a Mad Scientist. Can this new found recruit wipe out the Threshold team once and for all? The scenario: Free For All.

The Lurkers consist of a Cult Leader with a 45 Pistol and Cleaver, a Mad Scientist and 4 Zombies

Due to the deployment rules Marion, the Cult Leader and the Zombie Bride end up in Zone 1.

While the Zombie Girl ends up in Zone 2

and Nathaniel and Marshall end up in Zone 3

With the Mad Scientist, Zombie Groom and Fat Zombie

The Lurkers get the drop on the Threshold, and start their whopping 6 card assault (for having 2 Command models). Despite gaining an additional action, the Zombie Girl doesn't make it into combat with Nathaniel

The Cult Leader charges Marion , for the first attack of what would be a long drawn out scrap.

The Mad Scientist begins to experiment on the Zombie Groom. A Partial Success! He gains an extra Attack

The Zombie Bride shuffles her way towards Marion , who despite the odds, is able to overcome the hideous flesh eater and take her out with a trusty knife...Rest in peace!

Finally Zombie Groom shambles his way towards Nathaniel

Threshold are up, and Nathaniel leads by example, blasting the Zombie Girl with his shotgun. She goes face down.

Before he charges in, taking her out and finishing her with his cleaver.

Marshall gets the Fat Zombie in his sight, but sadly jams his rifle.

Marion and the Cult Leader continue to go blow for blow with never getting the advantage.

A special card allows the Zombie Groom shambles forward, but even with his new found aggression, can't break Nathaniel's armour.

And the Fat Zombie to shuffles forwards backed by the Mad Scientist, who once again is able to give the zombie and extra attack.

Overpowered by the hyper aggressive zombie, Marshall is taken out as a Minor Injury.

In a spray of blood and gore, Nathaniel hacks apart the Zombie Groom, taking him out.

Seeing his precious super zombie hacked down, the Mad Scientist charges Nathaniel, only to end up Face Down from a Cleaver swing.

Proving you can't keep a good zombie down, the Zombie Girl rises from the grave at the far end of the board.

The Fat Zombie tries to protect his master, but it's all too late as Nathaniel finishes the Face Down Mad Scientist.

Finally, Marion is able to get the better of the Cult Leader. Taking him out with a knife to the heart.

She runs to help her leader, only to shoot the air and miss the Fat Zombie all together.

Nathaniel cuts down the Zombie with an impressive critical hit.

And regroups with Marion.

The Zombie Girl all the while shuffling ever closer.

Marion tries to take out the closing zombie, but jams her pistol, spending the rest of the turn unjamming it, while Nathaniel gets into a better position.

the Zombie Girl charges into Marion clubbing her with a maul and knocking her Face Up

The Zombie continues it's assault as Nathaniel charges in. Slowly hack limb after limb off the creature. Once more, trusting his Tight Boots to keep him calm (money well spent I think!)

Miriam scrambles to her feet just before Nathaniel slices the zombies head clear off, sending it back to hell!

Marshall was taking out, but luckily only as a minor injury. No skills gained except for the bonus skill for winning the game, and no map pieces found yet again. A victory and step closer to promotion, but with not much to show for it, it seems a shallow victory, and now the Lurkers gain an extra 3 points to spend, putting them up to 26 for the next game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 01:53:43 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 01:07:27 PM »
Very cool. Nice to see more minis painted up and used in the games.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 01:47:27 PM »
Wow great set up!