Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:14:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tjubs 15mm blog  (Read 29792 times)

Offline tjub

• Librarian
Re: 15mm Chaos Dwarfs and Hobgoblins
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2019, 06:31:41 AM »
Well, it looks great! I mean, how much room do 15mm folks need to maneuver around on? I've been contemplating that question for a while, but I believe you have a good size there. terrain is dense enough but still maneuverable. I think it looks great.
Ill let you know what we prefer once we get going. First out will be some more KoW Vanguard with the "Ice & Iron" campaign coming. :)

Finished up a whole "set" of Tjubgobs in uniform, ready to wreck some havoc in KoW Vanguards and Frostgrave.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2019, 07:03:47 AM »
Oh...and the possibilities to play Oldhammer!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »
Tjub, ever thought about turning your skills towards sci-fi sculpts? If you have them, maybe I missed it. Love your work, but I don't have much need to buy more fantasy stuff at the moment.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2019, 06:02:45 PM »
Tjub, ever thought about turning your skills towards sci-fi sculpts? If you have them, maybe I missed it. Love your work, but I don't have much need to buy more fantasy stuff at the moment.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Offline MeridarchGekkota

• Bookworm
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2019, 04:55:41 PM »
When are you going to Kickstarter and what sort of lead time is it gonna be from Kickstarter to delivery?  :D

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Oh...and the possibilities to play Oldhammer!
Jupp! :)

None finished at the moment, but yes I have several times. I guess some time down the line I will. Need more spare time... :P

When are you going to Kickstarter and what sort of lead time is it gonna be from Kickstarter to delivery?  :D
Ah, Im not running the KS myself. It will be run by Admiralty Miniatures, the aim was for 22nd July but then there was some problem with KS. Not really sure... https://www.facebook.com/AdmiraltyMiniatures/ on Facebook can give you more info. But Ill post it here once its up and running.
My guess would be 2-4 months from KS to delivery.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 02:44:43 PM by tjub »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2019, 05:31:17 PM »
Yes, please don’t leave long-time fans and customers out! I do want to pledge!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2019, 05:36:40 PM »
If you ventured towards sci-fi I would definitely buy in. I love your sculpts, but my interest in fantasy is mostly focused on good old D&D and my fantasy project may very well end up being a one shot foray into fantasy miniatures. I see my wife developing more and more nervous ticks with every little box and envelope that arrives from the UK  lol

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2019, 10:28:22 AM »
I'm looking forward to picking up a couple of hundred of these in kickstarter!

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2019, 10:49:54 AM »
I'm looking forward to picking up a couple of hundred of these in kickstarter!
:-*

If you ventured towards sci-fi I would definitely buy in. I love your sculpts, but my interest in fantasy is mostly focused on good old D&D and my fantasy project may very well end up being a one shot foray into fantasy miniatures. I see my wife developing more and more nervous ticks with every little box and envelope that arrives from the UK  lol
Rightfully so? lol

Yes, please don’t leave long-time fans and customers out! I do want to pledge!
Im glad you like my little creations. :)
As far as I understand KS needed some documents, I assume bank stuff. And with holidays etc I think it draged out on time, Admiralty Miniatures is run as a hobby business as well. But as soon as I hear fram AM Ill make a post here as well. :)

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2019, 10:53:18 AM »
My long time gaming friend and 15mm partner in crime have run series of battles and skirmishes following the "Edge of the Abyss Campaign" for Kings of War and Vanguard, which turned into a narrative campaign of sorts. The story so far can be seen at Chaos Dwarfs Online(link). And will lead to an adaptation of the Ice & Iron campaign soon to be released by Mantic.  :)

15mm KoW Vanguard - "Secure the Portal", 200pts Abyssal Dwarfs vs Dwarfs

Given the recent "guerrilla warfare" by the Dwarfs our conquering force in the Halpi Mountains are kept on high alert. We've had several smaller skirmishes on the mountain roads, but all of our patrols have come back and we believed the Dwarf forces to be dwindling without established supply routes.

So the attack on the temple area in Zar'Kraz came as a surprise. Somehow a small force of Dwarfs had managed to sneak thru our perimeter. Most probable the slave orcs weren't whipped hard enough to be kept awake. New routines have been ordered to our Hobgoblin overseers to make sure it won't happen again...

Praise Hashut the Dwarf force were spotted just in time by out temple guards! :hashut

The Dwarf attackers went straight for the Holy Flame of Krazz. Used by our sorcerers to summon the mighty K'daii into existence. The Dwarfs stormed the temple courtyard with bottles marked with strange runes. These will have to be investigated further!
The Dwarf wizard incinerated the closes slave orc, which made the second one hesitate a moment. Weak-minded maggot...

The Dwarfs quickly reached the Holy Flame of Krazz and started throwing their rune marked potions into it, which quickly made it dwindle and struggle. Being from the deepest parts of the Abyss, the Holy Flame of Krazz is almost to be considered demonic in itself. And quickly roasted one of the Dwarfs which got too close to it.

Our temple guards managed to cut down the Dwarfs surrounding the Flame of Krazz. Most likely the were caught by surprise that the Flame fought back for survival.
And our remaning troops engaged the other Dwarfs in the yard by brutal hand to hand combat.

In a moment of bravery seldom seen in the weaker races the Slave orc let out a howl, later interpreted as "Praise Hashut!", and charged towards the Dwarf wizard. Burying his axe deep into the chest of the Dwarf...

This made the remaning Dwarfs hesitate a bit, to keep fighting or flee. The Holy Flame of Krazz was almost dead and only a small flicker remained.

With the confusing and hesitation of the Dwarfs, our Bull Centaurs made quick work of the rest while the Dwarf Slayer in command managed to escape...

High Priest Zhurthar in a quick and heroic act, ordered the Bull Centaurs to feed the Flame of Krazz and promptly threw the remaning Slave Orc into the flames. Giving it new life and essence to feed on, there by saving the Holy Flame and securing the future summoning of K'daii in Zar'Kraz.''

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 11:02:11 AM by tjub »

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »
Oh, and was asked elsewhere about how the Tjubgobs scaled towards other 15mm miniatures. So here is a: Demonworld Goblin, Tjubgob, Demonworl Orc, Tjubling.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2019, 09:34:49 AM »
Lately Ive been thinking a lot about making some terrain based on Ian Millers fantastic artwork. But that will require some planning, and though good looking not be as playable as Id prefer. So yesterday I just kinda started on a  Chaos Dwarf castle. The aim is to use it in Kings of War Seiges as well as KoW Vanguard and other skirmish rules.

So far Ive just built a "skeleton" and chopped up 200000 bricks. But I do love how doable it all is in smaller scales. So far an evenings work... :hat off

Btw, the wall sections will be about 6cm thick to allow units to be places on them. But Ill extend the last part with a wooden deck.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2019, 12:23:24 PM »
Lovely start of a castle, a very impressive project!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »
I like where this is going! That is a lovely (ambitious) project. I highly approve!  :D