Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ultracombat kickstarter by Radio DishDash  (Read 9133 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Ultracombat kickstarter by Radio DishDash
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:54:34 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ultracombat/ultracombat-28mm-modern-miniatures-and-skirmish-ru
Ultracombat is Rules and figure kickstarter by Radio Dishdash. The guys how made the skermish Sangin rules.
These rules will be more concerned with conventional forces. And starts of with 9 figs each for Russian and I U.S. infantry with more planed as stretch goals. A Russian Federation Boomerang and U.S. Stryker  30mm "Dragoon" varrent are planed as the final goal.
I have not seen this sharied yet so I am posting it here.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ultracombat kickstarter by Radio DishDash
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:31:04 AM »
Interesting.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 10:35:29 AM »
I hope so, becase I would like to see this thing happen. I mean no one else currently make the Boomerang or the Stryker dragoon. So that's a pulse for me.
And I am looking a snagging a good group of Russians in Ratnik gear to add to my Empress Russian fed troops.
And the U.S. figs look good to. Of course with the U.S. military shoping for the next new big thing, who knows what they will really look like 3-5 years from now.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 11:52:38 AM »
I've already backed this one, and importantly for myself confirmed that once the Kickstarter's over you can swap out the Americans or Russians for duplicate sets for those wanting just one Nationality.

Its unfortunate that the vehicles will only be unlocked at the highest tier, but hopefully when they go onto retail the Bumerang in particular won't be too expensive. That turret would be really useful for a bunch of modern Russian vehicles, in particular perhaps a conversion of Empress T-14 Armata into a T-15 (or sticking onto a BMP-3 to turn it into a drone).

I haven't looked into the rules, but being their previous ruleset has been reviewed well this may be what I was looking for in larger modern games. Spectre: Operations has turned out to be more of a combat sim than a wargame unfortunately, so it doesn't really scale for vehicles (when you can one shot a soldier with a rifle, a 30mm cannon is overkill...).

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »
The KS looks very interesting, and I expect they put comparative pictures of these figures and some AAR reports from the ruleset.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 12:14:20 AM »
Only thing I know about the Rules so far is in the PDFs they posted under the campaign section. So the shooting and spotting look simple enough. But of course I am sure there is still alot more in the rules when they come out.

And I wil l suggest they put out a how to video or two to help with the Digital age folks. And maybe a side by side photos for thouse worried about scale.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 01:28:33 AM »
Here are some pics for those who don't want to click the link.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 01:37:39 AM »
And the vehicles.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 03:54:32 AM »
Looks very promising!

Don't make those gun barrels too thin and bendy. 

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
Yeah bendy barrel' s are a no go.  lol

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 10:00:00 AM »
Two more Renders.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
As of this morning this Kickstarter's now funded. With the first stretch goal looming at $17,1000 NZ / $11,250 US (experts tell me that's around £750 needed then, ah, I don't understand these monopoly money currencies). :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 11:38:21 AM »
Bahahah Yep.

And they posted up the first Squad TO&E and AAR.
So here is link.
http://www.skirmishsangin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/SQUADAAR_version5.pdf?fbclid=IwAR25RC_4Nubi5uKBPfEvMwKY_uxb8Lh_EO4L9QemonR5eBd2LzFp-TDLVwU

So it seems they answered are early questions in the comment section and their will be at least one UBGL in the Russian Squads.
And I already wrote them asking them to correct the M240 to the M249 in the US squads.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »
That field they used in the image looks familiar. ...I may follow that conflict too much. :(

I may use that squad setup in future, as it looks more modernised than what information I'd been using (i.e. a DMR in each Russian squad, as opposed to those at a platoon command level. Though I had also thought they'd be using two LMGs, but the PKP seems a sufficient replacement to the RPK in that regard).

Tsk, what also means updating my Russian forces, and putting that collection together with Empress's squad packs was a headache as is. Oh well, they needed a touch up anyway.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »
Just keep the old format for 2nd year troops. And the new one for Navel infantry, Recon and VDV style first line troops.
That way you don't have to go to crazy rearming every unit.
I would like to see a TO&E for the PLA in the future.