Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689786
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Captain X  (Read 7132 times)

Offline elThyge

• Bookworm
Re: Captain X
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »
I'm using the primer as a white canvas with thin paint, (only using as much paint as the primer can cope with/absorb). First I paint a thin coat of the base color avoiding the "deeper"/darker parts. This way, the paint dries without flowing and drawing the pigment into clumps in the deeper parts. This layer is not intented to be a full layer.

It also helps in identifying the shadows. This is not fully proven, but the white primer alone seems to help the thin paint flow into the depper parts, (perhaps because it can "soak" up more paint than primer already with paint - a bit like tissue). After the shadows I try to smooth out the base color and then highlight.

I find that the usual all covering basecolor tends to obscur details because of the needed "thickness" of the layer.

Offline elThyge

• Bookworm
Re: Captain X - Dead Lotus Society
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:57 PM »

The Dead Lotus Society is the most feared gang of assassins in Singgapore. According to rumours, as part of the initiation you are dressed in white clothes. Only when all clothes are colored by the blood of his vitims can the applicant shift to clothes in red and call himself a full member.

At present the Dead Lotus Society is under leadership of the brothers Zedong and Chiang. Orphaned at an early age, the brothers grew up in the care of a dogbutcher, who taught them his trade. The brothers soon found new and more lucrative ways to make money of the trade.

One day nearly ten years ago the brothers showed up in Singapore, and because of their skills and ruthlesness they soon advanced in the heirarchy of assasins. The brothers hate any and all whereby they have made it impossible for the Dead Lotus Society to join alliances. Alliances against the brothers is another story though. They keep the threat to the brothers lives very real.

Untill now, no alliance against the brothers have succeeded in outliving it's own fragility, (Singapore is a place with almost no lasting friendships). Somehow, when ever they are in direst straits, they always seem to be absorbed by the earth.

Secret Services all around the world are working with rumours, that the brothers have expanded their businessarea to the whole world. No one yet, not even the Scotland Yard, have been able to surprise any local branch. The track always end cold, with any active members having disappeared into thin air.

According to the Kaiserlice Sicherheitsdienst, at least three members have been identyfied within the german sphere of interest. Wu Li, Lin Zang and Lau Wang.

Offline elThyge

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »

No one knows anything about Captain Arnold Kolja for sure. Some say he is a true man of the sea, others he was an actor leaving a performance in sailor costume never to be seen again.

One thing is sure, he enjoys drinking and is mayhem for anyone who dares to stand in his way attacking bad odds with a string of loud curses.

His task is to protect Li Peng - on the battlefield and on the many secret missions around the world.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
Very nice. It's good to see you continuing with the project.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »
Just an aside, but as this topic brought up Master of the World, I wanted people to know there must be a DVD somewhere, as I'm watching it via streaming video on Netflix as I type.

Shhhh... Don't let VSF_Gamer know, or he's liable to drop Netflix forever. He despised it, while I've have fond childhood memories. I don't remember it being quite this hokey, but I was only ten at the time. ;->=

Doug

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 09:45:22 PM »
Very nice

Who does the old duffer with the lantern?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »
Very nice

Who does the old duffer with the lantern?

Aye, so do I wonder.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 08:30:12 AM »
Brigade Games from their Gangs of New York range.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline elThyge

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
Thankgents