Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:07:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm late war British & Germans  (Read 135306 times)

Offline Idguardnomore2

• Schoolboy
Re: 28mm late war British & Germans
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »
The body armour figure is from war games foundry British paras range.

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2021, 11:30:53 PM »
The body armour figure is from war games foundry British paras range.

Thanks very much. Just had a look at their stuff. Size wise he's a good fit with the Warlord & Empress ranges.

Empress                                                Foundry                                     Warlord

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:49 AM »
I used the Foundry casts as the core of my Para force then mixed in Warlord, Blacktree and Artizan. They all work well together IMHO and I am fussy!
BTW nice beret colour too  :-*

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2021, 07:39:53 AM »
I'm just tossing up as to whether to paint the paras I have or splash out on the Empress Late War British...  of course, I should do both, but I still have at least 7 or more unpainted platoons in the stash.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2021, 12:21:37 PM »
I'm just tossing up as to whether to paint the paras I have or splash out on the Empress Late War British...  of course, I should do both, but I still have at least 7 or more unpainted platoons in the stash.

I was going to just say get the Empress, as they are just too nice not to, however seven unpainted platoons, all sitting there taunting would, for me cause pause for thought.
Having once upon a time decided that all my old 40k Imperial Guard really, really needed to be repainted in Multicam, at the same time; it absolutely killed my interest in anything 40k, and they ended up languishing in the 'box of shame' for half a decade, whilst I got into 20mm African bush Wars.
I did eventually finish them, one squad at a time and would reward myself with new purchases of the then new late WW2 Empress British blokes etc.
So, I can only say what works for me to keep the motivation going, is start to paint what you already have, even one squad at a time; then every time you reach one of your own goals reward yourself with something new and shiny.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2021, 01:42:30 PM »

So, I can only say what works for me to keep the motivation going, is start to paint what you already have, even one squad at a time; then every time you reach one of your own goals reward yourself with something new and shiny.

Which you then have to paint.  :o  lol lol  What we wargamers go through to reach our goals, even though we constantly move the posts.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2021, 02:14:33 PM »
I was going to just say get the Empress, as they are just too nice not to, however seven unpainted platoons, all sitting there taunting would, for me cause pause for thought.
Having once upon a time decided that all my old 40k Imperial Guard really, really needed to be repainted in Multicam, at the same time; it absolutely killed my interest in anything 40k, and they ended up languishing in the 'box of shame' for half a decade, whilst I got into 20mm African bush Wars.
I did eventually finish them, one squad at a time and would reward myself with new purchases of the then new late WW2 Empress British blokes etc.

I've actually been not too bad this year, finished off a ton of painting including two Chain of Command platoons, and a heap of vehicles, and I am a good way through finishing another two platoons, one of Winter Germans, the other of Volksturm (Civilians with armbands). Once the Volksturm are done, a platoon of Fallschirmjager would let me run the Road to Hamburg pint-sized campaign, but on the other hand, a platoon of USMC would give me another opponent for my Japanese, and of course, I still have British Airborne and US Paras to do, for a potential Market Garden campaign...

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »
Finally got around to some new additions.

British & German mortar teams from Empress

Also got sent some rather cool sniper figures from 'tid shed gamer', very much appreciated.

Only other thing I'm currently drawn to is the LVT-4 by Rubicon; thanks to Carlos for the recommendation.

Interesting (to me at least), when looking at pictures of the kit, I realised that those British tank crew blokes I found on eBay are Rubicon figures of crew for the LVT-4. Figures are a lot nicer than they look in the artwork.
I've found various option for getting the kit, but not for the Polsten 20mm add on pack, Rubicon have it listed as out of stock. Anyone know of anywhere else to buy one?

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2021, 07:38:06 PM »
Thanks very much. Just had a look at their stuff. Size wise he's a good fit with the Warlord & Empress ranges.

Empress                                                Foundry                                     Warlord

Yup! A good example can be found on moiterei's blog as well, he has created "Hohenstaufen"-Division I believe with a mix of Empress, Wargames Foundry and Artizan (and/or) Warlord I believe.

I got some of Foundry's german FJ's and they also scale well. In total the range seems to go great with other ranges.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2021, 09:29:47 PM »
2 in stock

https://www.firestormgames.co.uk/rubicon---lvt-4-water-buffalo?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlNno2NXq8QIVs4FQBh3VsghOEAQYAiABEgKZPfD_BwE

Cheers Dave, another company I'd not heard of. It's actually the 20mm Polsten I was on the hunt for.
Rubicon are out of stock, and according to them they only sell resin & pewter direct. So until they make some more I'll have to put that on hold.
1st Corps make a nice looking one on a scenic base; whilst the gun would probably work, making the vehicle mount is not something I can do.
https://1stcorps.co.uk/product/polsten-20mm-anti-aircraft-gun-3-crew/

Yup! A good example can be found on moiterei's blog as well, he has created "Hohenstaufen"-Division I believe with a mix of Empress, Wargames Foundry and Artizan (and/or) Warlord I believe.

I got some of Foundry's german FJ's and they also scale well. In total the range seems to go great with other ranges.

I'll check that out. Thanks.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2021, 09:41:56 PM »
Ash,
Although I made that one. Rich H. Sent me some printed versions he'd done .I might be able to track down any spare sets I have.
Failing that ask him and he might have some left over.

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2021, 04:07:22 PM »
Little bit of progress. Scenic bases have arrived; from Javis (think it's the same company who made the base I used for the Vickers & USMC (Vietnam) RCL).

This one will probab ly need a bit of chopping to fit the figure bases.

Also bought an LVT-4 (Rubicon) BNIB via ebay.
Starting to convince myself that I can make the mount for a Polsten, could be a lot of swearing & bloodshed ahead...

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2021, 05:54:59 AM »
And they are looking good. I need to put in a order for those sets.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #419 on: July 24, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »
Got them up to the pre snow stage:

LB12 British

VG17 German