Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689748
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ROSD Burning Light  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
ROSD Burning Light
« on: April 20, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
After a month or so of prepping things to play me and my kids started playing the Burning Light mission yesterday. I did up a battle report over at the Reaper forums if anyone's interested in reading it.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85939-zinks-burning-light-campaign/
Put a fair bit of effort into making the terrain and painting suitable minis so want to show it off a bit. Not as purty as some people's but I'm happy with how it turned out. Now if I can only get into keeping better notes, taking enough pics and writing up decent battle reports.

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
Re: ROSD Burning Light
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 04:24:02 AM »
 :) cool write up...awaiting the next!!!

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
Thanks. I posted yesterday's game late last night.

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
 :D awesome!!!

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 05:32:44 PM »
Nice write up, I think. I might pick these rules up... From your experience could one turn these rules towards Sci-Fi too? Probably try either way but welcome your thoughts!

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 03:34:42 AM »
I don't think it would be hard to convert to sci-fi. To me the basic Frostgrave game engine is very simple and easily adaptable. You might want to tinker a bit with different shooting weapons and decide how much and what magic is involved. A lot of the spells could be explained with some sort of tech equipment and the skills would work as is if renamed. For example arcane lore and read runes made into computer programming/alien languages or something like that.

I've really liked Frostgrave ever since it came out but prefer magic as a supporting element more than the main focus and I've always liked the idea of the henchmen leveling up. So Shadowdeep is ticking all the right boxes for me and my kids right now. The only thing I'm thinking of house ruling for us is maybe allowing the henchmen to pick different weapons or armour as one of their level ups. And importing creatures from Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago or other games once I start having to design my own missions.