Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Otherworld Green: Medusa by Kev White!!  (Read 6201 times)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: New Otherworld Green: Medusa by Kev White!!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »
WoW! Great mini!!!

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »
nice sculpting... but does that pose really suit the subject matter? Nobody walks like that...what's she suppose to be doing? Odd that people are gushing over it... IMO poor

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
nice sculpting... but does that pose really suit the subject matter? Nobody walks like that...what's she suppose to be doing? Odd that people are gushing over it... IMO poor

Each to their own. I think we are "gushing" over the model because it is so well sculpted and anatomically as correct as you are likely to get in 28mm.

As to what she is supposed to be doing (and this is a total shot in the dark) I would guess she's turning round to look at someone in order to turn them to stone. I've heard that's what Gorgons tended to do  ;)

I personally don't see anything odd or unrealsitic about the way the figure is posed and Kev's figures are often notable for their dynamic and distinctive poses.

However, as always, I'm happy to stand corrected  :)

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »
As to what she is supposed to be doing (and this is a total shot in the dark) I would guess she's turning round to look at someone in order to turn them to stone. I've heard that's what Gorgons tended to do

D&d gorgons are bulls, sorry couldn't resist. Maybe gushing was the wrong word so I apologise.  ;)

Looks to me like she might be skipping through a dungeon, maybe for a manicure or to go shopping for shoes, then she sees, hears, becomes aware of a character party, and so she continues skipping and throws a wee glace hoping a PC might meet her gaze.  hmmmm

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:19:27 PM by blackstone »

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 07:26:10 PM »
As to what she is supposed to be doing (and this is a total shot in the dark) I would guess she's turning round to look at someone in order to turn them to stone. I've heard that's what Gorgons tended to do

D&d gorgons are bulls, sorry couldn't resist. Maybe gushing was the wrong word so I apologise.  ;)

Looks to me like she might be skipping through a dungeon, maybe for a manicure or to go shopping for shoes, then she sees, hears, becomes aware of a character party, and so she continues skipping and throws a wee glace hoping a PC might meet her gaze.  hmmmm

You seem to have had far more interesting Dungeon crawls than I ever did when I played  lol

I do gush when I see a figure I like a lot, as do many others, so no worries. We all have our own taste after all and happily it's still not quite a crime to be an individual.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
shoes, then she sees, hears, becomes aware of a character party, and so she continues skipping and throws a wee glace hoping a PC might meet her gaze.  hmmmm

I think she's sculpted to match the artwork in the 1st edition AD&D monster manual (or possibly an adventure module?  I don't recall where I've seen the image before...)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 03:11:57 AM »
Not to let the "nerd power" take over here, but I think the pose is spot on, when you consider that Medusa was punished with her form for her vanity and beauty. Makes sense she'd still carry herself like a pampered princess.

Beautiful work. Absolutely great stuff. Anybody got an idea on scale in this case? Otherworld tends to run rather large.

-Doc

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »
I really like the cloths and the anatomy, but I'm not really convinced by the face.... that's a bit too.. cartoonous!