Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690883
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) HARDWIRED: Cyberpunk Espionage and Mayhem. (new mission 17 July)  (Read 5790 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com

Time to put those random, cool Sci-fi miniatures to work.

HARDWIRED is a fast-play, Co-op skirmish game for 15-28mm miniatures. Pick a mission, create a team of Agents, grab your mirrorshades, and go.

Now available at Amazon and Wargame Vault. Print version on the way.

At Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SPCMKKH

At Wargame Vault 
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/278824/Hardwired-Cyberpunk-Espionage-and-Mayhem?src=newest_recent

Links to some of our games
https://stalker7.com/2019/01/16/hardwired-asset-retrieval/
https://stalker7.com/hardwired/

Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:55:15 PM by Dentatus »

Offline tabletop

• Librarian
    • http://www.tabletop-terrain.com
Re: (COMMERCIAL) HARDWIRED: Cyberpunk Espionage and Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
Sounds interesting! Any news about the core system? D6 based? D10? How do your figures activate? Do you include scenarios?
Tabletop Terrain Gaming in 28 and 15mm!

Offline November

• Scientist
    • November in Frostheim
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 10:30:36 PM »
Couldn't be happier for you to get this published! It's great work on good ol' cyberpunk. Big thumbs-up!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 12:08:02 AM »
Any plans of adding shadowrun style characters and magic/psy powers ?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 02:18:51 AM »
Thanks November. Commissioned the cover and interior art, polished up the initial version and put it out myself.  Kicked it out the door and hollered for it to write if it found gainful employment. 

Regarding the Dice Mechanics:

HARDWIRED uses four types of polyhedral dice: D4, D6, D8, and D10. The D4 Die is used exclusively for H-SEC spawning at the game’s Arrival Locations. The D6, D8 and D10 are used in game to determine the success of a model’s actions. For Agents, these three dice constitute their Dice Pool. These dice are used over the course of the Agent’s activation to attempt Actions and the Dice Pool is renewed every turn. The die types can be used in any order the player desires, however each type can only be used once. 

THE DICE POOL, ACTIONS, AND DIMINISHING POSSIBILITIES
Except for special circumstances, Agents are allowed Three (3) Actions per Phase. The Target Number to perform an Action successfully is a 4+. To act, simply declare the intended Action (Move, Shoot, Activate CAP, etc) select one of the die types in the Dice Pool and try for a 4+, accounting for modifiers and penalties. Every 4+ is a Success. Less is a Failure.

To represent the stress and diminishing possibilities in a tense, frenetic combat situation, each Die Type can only be used once. One chance with a D10, one with a D8, and one with a D6. That’s it. Although Specialization Protocols permit an Agent to roll two of a given die type in certain circumstances, the Die Type can only be used once per AGENT PHASE. In either case, once the Agent’s Dice Pool is depleted, they can no longer act that Game Turn. This means Agents must prioritize their intended actions and allocate whichever Die Type they feel gives them the best chance at success. Die types do not have to be used in any particular order. 

TWO DICE BONUS
Most action rolls are attempted with a single die type, however certain Agents stand a better chance at succeeding at certain Actions, ones linked to their Specialization Protocol. Depending on their SP, Agents can roll TWO dice of a particular type and choose the best result when attempting certain actions. This ‘Two Dice’ bonus also applies to activating those specific Combat Augmentation Programs related to their area of expertise.

All this really means is that while all Agents can attempt any Action or try to activate a CAP, a Razor is far more deadly in a Close Combat situation, and when it comes to hijacking the Cerberus security drone that just stomped into the room, you’ll be thanking the Dark Net loa you’ve got a decent Splicer at your side.

Shadowrun characters and Psy powers - Want to tread softly there.  There is a new class of Agent tho, the psionic-power "Shiver", so it's an easy tweak to put characters in Seattle or Night City.

Offline lethallee61

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 02:33:28 AM »
I applaud anyone who has the guts to put their own stuff out there for the world to see. Well done.

Wish you good luck and even better sales.  :D
Enjoying the game is ALWAYS more important than winning the game.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 03:41:53 AM »
Thank you.  I know it won't be for everyone and not everyone is going to appreciate it. That's how it goes.

It is a fun game though. Quick, straightforward, able to accommodate just about any kind of SF fig. Something for when you're short on time and want an excuse to stat out whatever cool figs you have. There's no book keeping, no clutter - just you and your buddies working together to accomplish the mission.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 08:18:35 AM »
Awesome mate, I will surely buy this. Love what you're doing. And you mentioned a printed version...so a printed version through Wargamesvault? I bought a printed version of Urban Manhunt through Wargames Vault and I REALLY liked the result. So if that's the idea then I'll wait for that one.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 01:00:59 PM »
Thank you.
Actually, print versions of pdfs at Wargame Vault has much different standards/formatting requirements than Amazon. I don't have InDesign and I spent my budget on the covers and interior art, so for now, it's Amazon for the softcover.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 02:01:53 PM »
PM me if I can help you out. Fiddling around in Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator is my job and I'll gladly help!

Offline mkultra99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »
How many and what type H-Sec models does one need for baseline play?

ETA on physical copy?

Love your work man, read all your books.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 08:00:47 PM »
Thank you very much.

Suggested Number/Type of Miniatures:

Five Agents (one for each type)

Eight Class 1/D6 Hostile Security
Four Class 2/D8 Hostile Security
Four Class 3/D10 Hostile Security

Optional: Two H-Sec Agents

Soft Cover should be available at Amazon in a day or two.

Printed version is available now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1071441671

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:16:28 PM by Dentatus »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 08:50:26 PM »
Sample Agent Profile

Dirt-poor, orphaned at age 11, living on the streets from then on, Isaac is still considered lucky; he grew up in a Lower New Kowloon rim precinct – one of the districts situated at the edge of the mega-city that gets natural sunlight.

Slight, smart, quick on his feet, tech-savvy, it’s no surprise Isaac was drawn toward cyberspace to hustle out a living. Not just to survive either, but to escape the filth and violence of LNK’s gutter punks and street species.

A bona fide Splicer, Isaac runs with the Blue Rose crew and is never seen without his heavily modded Korean Robotics Industries ‘Dokakaebi ‘ drone and his custom, smart-linked Lebedev PL-23 pistol.

While he does have a regular crew, he’s not adverse to side work. Log into the Totchka Darknet Market and post a message at marrowroad39 with details. If it scans, someone will be in touch.

AGENT NAME: Isaac Cho    SPECIALIZATION PROTOCOL (SP): Splicer

BONUS ACTION TYPES: Movement, Activate Cyber-War CAP 

BONUS CAP TYPE: Cyber

GEAR

SLOT 1: KRI Dokkaebi aerial drone

SLOT 2: same as above

SLOT 3: Smart Ammo (Grants +1 to Ranged Attack Roll -1 to Target Dodge Roll)

DRONE HARDPOINTS

HP1: Countermeasures Pod

HP2: Felix the Cat Magic Bag. (1 Frag Micro-Grenade, 1 McCoy Pharma Derm)

AGENT HEALTH

No Wounds = All Die Types/3 Actions

1 Wound =  No D10  2 Actions D8, D6

2 Wounds = No D8   1 Action D6

3 Wounds = No D6  Free Move Only

DRONE INFO

Single D8 for all action rolls. Small Target = -1 Penalty to enemy Ranged/Melee attack rolls.

Drone Action Options:

1. The Drone can move 8”.

2. The Drone can move 4” and perform one action.

3. The Drone can remain stationary and perform two actions.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 12:00:24 AM »
Printed version is available now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1071441671

Thanks.

Interesting and cheap ! The only issue I see is the lack of shadowrunesque features. Not really an issue except for me since I have a quite big collection of ral partha official shadowrun minis and I'm still looking for rules to play them.  If anyone make house rules for it, I'll probably buy the game then.  :-*

edit : by the way I have a few more questions about the game :

how the hacking works ?

does the game include missions and campaign system with character improvement ? RIsks of becoming amock/cyber zombie if too much chrome ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:10:01 AM by sundayhero »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 02:57:32 AM »
Hate to disappoint yet again but Hardwired is a light skirmish game. Quick firefights, straightforward rules. It's meant to get all those random cool SF figs on the table at your weekly game night or club. Fun, but mostly one-shots. There's a bit of fluff, a sample mission, and some starter ideas,  but I figured players come up with their own settings and campaign stories anyway. So why pad the book with it?   

Agents are pretty amped up right out of the gate, so advances would put them over the top. Hacking is focused on tactical uses like overloading H-SEC drones or over riding security. Any Agent can attempt it but a Splicer stands a better chance.