Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:45:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style. NEW: Arya, Syrio, Jojen, Meera  (Read 17213 times)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Stark archers
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2020, 12:03:27 PM »
I have finished some House Tully infantry. Heavy armoured and heavy armed, they look cool. I tried to mix the colours, so they are clearly both blue and red, to make them stand out from the many houses with red colours. They were really nice to paint, and I think the result is good! They are ready to fight for The King in the North! Now I think I will paint up some characters for the Stark army.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Lau sings A Song of Ice and Fire, CMON style - New: Tully Infantry
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2020, 03:29:14 PM »
Good work on those Tully Infantry ... possibly the closest one of the CMON “factions” sets of sculpts has come to the look I’d got in my head for a particular House.

:)

Not sure why they gave them those “utility belts” though...they look out of place with the rest of the mini?  :?

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2020, 04:44:45 PM »
Nice job on the painting! Keep up the good work!

Good work on those Tully Infantry ... possibly the closest one of the CMON “factions” sets of sculpts has come to the look I’d got in my head for a particular House.

Agreed, though, when reading the books I never could quite visualise what the "fish-crest helms" the Tully infantry wear would look like!....or the lion-crested half-helms of the Lannisters either!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2020, 09:41:12 PM »
Not sure why they gave them those “utility belts” though...they look out of place with the rest of the mini?  :?
Thank you! And yeah, the belts look weird - like a unnecessary detail added ti give the mini something more. It is a bit to much

Nice job on the painting! Keep up the good work!
Thank you!

And now for some more pictures! I have been painting characters, and I hereby present The King in the North himself, Robb Stark! Sided by his mother Catelyn and sister Sansa!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Two newly painted minis: Maege Mormont, the She-bear and a House Stark Captain.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
After a short break I have returned with some painted House Umber Infantry. Lead by Greatjon Umber himself, with one of the biggest (and ugliest) greatswords in Westeros. He is flanked by his drunken uncle Mors Crowsfood, who is wearing his famous polar bear pelt as a cloak,

The models looked boring before painting, but painted up i have come to really like them!

The lighting makes the skin-colour look a bit off, but it looks great IRL.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Nice work, and glad to see the inclusion of ol' Crowfood in the bunch!

Also slightly late, but it's great to see the attention to detail to keep the 'Tully' hair for Robb and Sansa!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Nice work  :)

I’m impressed by the ambition of the CMON range but I do shudder at the number of giant two-handed swords that they seem to include... :?

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Nice work, and glad to see the inclusion of ol' Crowfood in the bunch!

Also slightly late, but it's great to see the attention to detail to keep the 'Tully' hair for Robb and Sansa!

Thanks! I really love to paint the minis as close to the source material as possible! I dont know why, but that makes it an even more joyfull experince. Im always reading up on character appearance :-)

I love the Umber uncles as well! I really need to find an alternative model for Hother Whoresbane, who is one of my favorite characters!

Nice work  :)

I’m impressed by the ambition of the CMON range but I do shudder at the number of giant two-handed swords that they seem to include... :?

Thanks a lot!

There are a lot of stupidly big swords in the books. Eddard Starks greatsword Ice is as tall as grown man, and The Greatjons is even bigger than that! It feels very impractical! with that in mind i dont think the sculpts are to off... But the sculpters clearly like big swords! The sword-and-shield guys swords looks to big in my eyes as well!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:25:57 PM by Lau »

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Painted up some more support for The North; Two Crannogmen! Here is Howland Reed in a cool pose with dagger and spear. Supporting him is a Crannogman warden. I love the ranger-like looks on the Crannogmen models, especially Howland.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
I really like the greens you used here, gets that swampy Crannogman feel across nicely!

How tall are the Crannognmen sculpts compared to the others? I think they're smaller than other Northmen in the books right?

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
I really like the greens you used here, gets that swampy Crannogman feel across nicely!

Exactly this, great work.

:)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
How tall are the Crannognmen sculpts compared to the others? I think they're smaller than other Northmen in the books right?

Thank you! It Did take some time to mix a combination of grey and green, that I was happy with! Now I just need to recreate the colour if i buy a unit of crannogmen to paint.  :` They are described as smaller in books, but the miniatures dont look seem to be smaller than regular miniatures, shame really, as it wouold have been a ekstra nice detail to keep them smaller.

Exactly this, great work.

Thanks a lot :-)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Some more Stark Characters, almost done with them! This is Eddard Stark (center). He still have his head, so good for him. His Sword is clearly not Ice, but as Ice is (mostly?) a ceremonial sword, i guess he wouldn't bring it to a battlefield. He is flanked by Rodrik Cassel, and I just love his posing, with helmet ind hand and sword in scabbard. Just a great model! And lastly i have painted Hodor, who is carrying a cribbled Bran Stark. Also a great model, and Hodor truly is a giant!

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
The Ned figure is one of my favourites in the range, thanks for sharing! But wow, that Hodor is *gigantic*!

(And again, nice touch with the auburn hair on Bran!)