Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Snapcase All At Sea!  (Read 16956 times)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Snapcase All At Sea!
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2020, 09:38:34 AM »
Peaches lost her left eye to Morgan’s rapier.

Poor Peaches Triple-F (Felicity Fotheringay-Featherstonhaugh).
It's an eye for an eye as the old ones say...so Morgan beware! I hope that Syrio will teach Peaches the correct way to wield a rapier.
Anyway, the loss of an eye can always be concealed by a fancy hairdo or some distracting clothing...

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
Great project! I'll be following this thread! Cheers!

Many thanks, DintheDin.

Michi, that's a beautifully painted mini, is it from Reaper (and if so, do you know the name of the figure)?

As mentioned in a previous post, there is a rebellion brewing amongst the slaves on the plantations scattered amongst the Islas de Pasaje de Vuelta. Toussaint Lafermature is the mastermind behind it and has been secretly arranging a base for escaped slaves in the mountains on the main island, Las Montañas de las Tetas.

You will notice that most of the place names are Spanish. This gives me a chance to indulge my schoolboy sense of humour whilst having a back story to the islands occupation. Although home to the indigenous Carribbean people, the islands were first taken over by the Spanish in the mid-17th century and colonised. Briefly occupied by the French after the Spanish, the islands then fell into to the hands of the English, who invaded in 1680.

The escaped slaves have been making small raids on outlying plantations to gain stores, weapons and ammunition. Their leader, Meadowlark Lemon is seen here (5th from left) with his ardent supporters and a fearsome bunch they are too!

The Governor, Sir Frobisher Fotheringay-Featherstonhaugh aware of the growing unrest in the islands, has increased the size of the Town Watch. Although, of course, the Watch themselves have no intention of going up into the hills to arrest people. They are content to remain in town, arresting rogues, rascals and rapscallions when they have the numbers and taking bribes when they don't!

L to R: Apprentice Watchman Tinklebury Shoe (twin to Reginald), Sergeant Cheery Littlebottom, Watchman Fred Colon, Lance-Watchman Salacia Delorisista Amanita Trigestrata Zeldana Malifee von Humpeding (known as Sally for short), Watch Commander Samuel Vimes, Captain Delphine Angua von Überwald, Watchman Carrot Ironfoundersson, Watchman Cecil Wormsborough St. John  Nobbs (known as Nobby for short), Watchman Susan Sto-Helit, Apprentice Watchman Reginald Shoe (twin to Tinklebury).

(catching up now that my laptop has been repaired)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:56:17 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2020, 10:36:12 AM »
is it from Reaper (and if so, do you know the name of the figure)?

I think she actually is and no, regretfully not...  :?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:38:37 AM by Michi »

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »
I think she actually is and no, regretfully not...  :?

OK, thanks Michi. I'll have a search.

Every community obviously needs a public executioner! On the Islas de Pasaje de Vuelta the chief executioner likes to style himself The Purple Hood, for obvious reasons. The Purple Hood's real identity is in fact Jean Rombaud, a French stay-behind after the English invasion of the islands. Jean thinks the hood will hide his identity whilst off-duty. However, everyone in the islands can recognise that magnificent beer-gut as Jean follows his favourite hobbies of drinking and wenching!

Here, he is accompanied by Walter Gabriel, a long-time resident of the islands and arch-enemy of Albert Tatlock, Landlord of The Rover's Return. Some say their enmity dates back to when they were both young men, competing for the affections of one Minnie Caldwell, an island beauty.

On the right is a lady of a different kind altogether. This is Marie Catherine Leveau, cook and doyenne of Government House. Sir Frobisher Fotheringay-Featherstonhaugh swears by her goat curry and her ackee and codfish is to die for! However, under this veneer of servility lies a very scary lady. Marie is the Voodoo Queen of the islands and is much feared as an expert practioner in the arts of Voodoo. Many local people come to her for poisons, love potions and a myriad of other magical potions and spells.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2020, 10:46:14 AM »
You are making an enviable collection and your little stories a re so inspiring!
Las Montañas de las Tetas! LOL! I think that some people would love to get lost there  ;D
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
You are making an enviable collection and your little stories a re so inspiring!
Las Montañas de las Tetas! LOL! I think that some people would love to get lost there  ;D

Thanks again. I have just counted up and I've managed just under 60 minis so far which I have painted expressly for this November game. I have also re-purposed quite a few more as you can see in the photo.

As to Las Montañas de las Tetas, my fellow players from this forum, Doug em4 and Vagabond may well get lost in the embrace of the Tetas, so to speak!   ;)   ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »
That is some collection you are building there ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2020, 06:52:13 PM »

As to Las Montañas de las Tetas, my fellow players from this forum, Doug em4 and Vagabond may well get lost in the embrace of the Tetas, so to speak!   ;)   ;)

We will attempt to keep abreast of the storyline......[groan]

Doug

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2020, 08:34:44 AM »

The infamous "cleavage incident" in slippery gorge... lol

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2020, 09:30:27 AM »
Michi, that's a beautifully painted mini, is it from Reaper (and if so, do you know the name of the figure)?

It's not Reaper, their miniatures tend to be a lot more modest in terms of clothing :D

It's by Dark Sword miniatures: https://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/caldwell-masterworks/2006-caldwell-pirate-lass.html

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2020, 09:51:41 AM »
It's not Reaper, their miniatures tend to be a lot more modest in terms of clothing :D

It's by Dark Sword miniatures: https://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/caldwell-masterworks/2006-caldwell-pirate-lass.html

My fault, thank you! I lost control over the lead mountain...  ::)

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2020, 02:36:06 PM »

Thanks for the identification, manatic.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2020, 11:26:57 AM »
Seen here carousing are Colonel Mountebank Flashman and Mimsie Slopcorner, outside the Pink Pelican Inn (just bought this building from TheBlackCrane on the LAF 'For Sale' thread). They are singing bawdy sea shanties whilst consuming copious quantities of rum. Colonel Flashman is supposedly in command of the Royal Marine detachment at Fuerte Indigestión. In fact, Captain Flack runs a tight ship with his Marines whilst the Colonel spends most of his time at the Pink Pelican Inn, drinking and wenching. The Marines are guarding the mysterious prisoner seen in an earlier post. Only Colonel Flashman is aware of the true identity of the prisoner and the reason for his incarceration. Rumours that the mysterious prisoner is none other than the Marquis de Hernía, the Man in the Iron Truss may be confirmed during game play! Mimsie Slopcorner is the proprietor of the Pink Pelican Inn, a sink of iniquity where anything may be had for a price.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2020, 11:30:21 AM »
Fuerte Indigestión

lol lol lol

You tell such good stories Martin  :D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »
Great stuff  :D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels