Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fistful of Lead - Fantasy playtest  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Re: Fistful of Lead - Fantasy playtest
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »
A few photos from a play test of the forthcoming FfoL rule set.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »
Great stuff  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 05:48:01 PM »
Two rival knights and their retinues set out to slay as many monsters as they could in a land teaming with creatures. The knights never came anywhere near each other and found very different dates. One retinue was wiped out whilst being overwhelmed by monsters who were more intent on killing men than fighting each other. Sir Lesley le Dawson was smashed from his horse by a stone golem and then, having got back to his feet, lost his sword and was devoured by a cockatrice. His men were slowly butchered until none remained. They started well, killing a ravage bear that was skulking under the bridge, but that was their sole victory.

The retinue of Sir Bernard de Clifton fared far better, luck allowing them to engage beasts one at a time. They returned with the heads of four monsters, including an earth elemental that they rolled a 12, 10 and 8 against a 1!

We tried out some new traits that worked well. The beasts took some beating though, unless too rolled 12s and 10s a lot, which I didn't.

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »
Great stuff. Kids always have hot dice.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 07:36:37 PM »
Excellent stuff  8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Alex Pyrrhus

• Student
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 09:58:31 PM »
These rules look like they could be a lot of fun.  Will the traits contained in this version be compatible with “Bigger Battles”?  I realize that “Bigger Battles” is a unit based game as opposed to classic FoL, but BB gave just a sketch of non-human fantasy units.  Will a campaign be included?   Can you give us any idea about the release date?

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 07:13:42 AM »
BaronVonJ will be able to give a more detailed response. There will definitely be non-human forces. I've been play testing monsters but we've also play tested lots of fantasy races with a view of getting a bit of character into their playing style to differentiate them. Playing orcs should feel different from undead, or humans, for example.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 07:19:07 AM »
Excellent stuff.  The terrain and figures look great.  :-*
Poor Sir Lester Le Dawson  :'(
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 01:01:22 PM »
Alex Pyrrhus,
Lots of questions to unpack. "Will the traits translate to BB?" Yes they all do. You can alsways bring in stuff from each rule book to others, like Werewolves vs Knights etc.
BB gave just a sketch of non-human units". Partly because I don't want to force MY vision of what troops types are onto other players. How I think orcs play might be different than yours. Are they bloodthirstyy mindless brutes of WH, or cunning nasties like LotR? Partly because we had a lot of ground to cover in BB.
"Will there be a campaign?" - There are scenarios in every book you can link.
"Can you give a release date?" As mentioned elsewhere, There are 3 books in the Fantasy trilogy. The first is just about the mechanics of combat, which is in final edits. The second book is just about adding magic and spells. Book 3 is monsters, dungeon bashing, and creating different classes and fantasy races. They will all be released at the same time. Probably first of next year, as I want this to be awesome.
When it comes to troops, Here was my own game: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=127108.msg1605345#msg1605345
and loads of pics at the blog: http://baronvonj.blogspot.com/2020/09/fistful-of-lead-fantasy-playtest.html
If you Facebook, I would recommend joining the Wiley Games groups as I constantly post updates
Now back to Steve...

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
Just one shot from yesterday's game. My knight getting torn apart by a manticore. The other knight player decided to help when it set upon my archer, only to 'accidentally' kill him outright with his own archer. We all briefly joined forces and took on the massive earth elemental, only for me to be left to fight it in my own after we knocked it down. It smashed my remaining retinue to a pulp. I took 2 monster heads to his 3 and the monster player killed 6 humans.

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 07:35:08 PM »
A brave soul. Love me s good manticore

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 08:04:19 PM »
I like the art style for the fantasy book. Will the others have art from the same artist?

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »
Yep. Goes back back to my old school 80s roots. Same artist a atales of Horror. The cards are great too.