Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Boating about in mess (WW2 1:1200 coastal naval)(battle report, 18 April)  (Read 8832 times)

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Question to everyone -- what rules have the best torpedoes rules?

I have played regular naval games where ships always seem to maneuver so a torp misses. Or the torp hits but damage is negligible.

Thanks

Chuck

Offline Joelegan

• Assistant
Mark,    Interesting.   I have used clash of arm Baltic Arena as my primary source.  You have inspired my to try coastal patrol again.
Chuck,  great question!   I haven't found a good set of torpedo rules especially for solitaire play.  I finally wrote my own.  You don't track their movements you trust that your boat knows how to aim torpedoes just like you trust they aim guns.  You might have to wait a turn but then you roll to see if it hits.  Simple. 
Unfortunately I have it bundled with some other rules for cruel seas.  I titled it Crueler Seas and it is available for the princely sum of 50 cents.  At wargame vault. [ 100% of money I make goes to the local food bank.]   Sorry for the commercial but it is an honest answer to your question and I make no money.
Thanks

Joe

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
Hi Joe!

I thought I had your Crueler Seas rules already but no. Downloaded and will peruse them later.

Thanks

Chuck

Offline Joelegan

• Assistant
Thanks Chuck.  They are targeted at cruel seas but will work for any tactical system as I also give measurements in yards.  The hit rate it a bit high but that takes into account the dud rate resolution that will then lower it .    If you really think it wasn't worth 50 cents let me know and I will refund you my portion.  Not out to swindle people.  :  )   
Questions let me know here or on the blog.

Cheers

Joe