Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690857
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SYW 18mm armies (DintheDin) Various additions upd 26/2/2024  (Read 28494 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Stunning as always!

Thanks! Can't beat your wonderful Napoleonics!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
Thanks! Can't beat your wonderful Napoleonics!
Bah! Nonsense!  Your SYW kit is stunning.

BTW, I've finally dragged my SYW collection back out of the dungeon (after much nagging from you) and painted my first units since the 90s!  :D  See the recent thread.  I've also bought some Eureka figures, which didn't exist when I last painted SYW, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well they fit in with my OGs.
Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Bah! Nonsense!  Your SYW kit is stunning.

BTW, I've finally dragged my SYW collection back out of the dungeon (after much nagging from you) and painted my first units since the 90s!  :D  See the recent thread.  I've also bought some Eureka figures, which didn't exist when I last painted SYW, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well they fit in with my OGs.

Thank you again!
And thank you for the heads up, I already commented on your thread! Massive armies and I'm sure your rework will bring them up to high quality!
If you have time to shoot some close ups, we could admire them in detail! 
Eureka have some fine sculpts they really are worth it to have. Old Glory has very characterful figures, Some units animated give the spice! Blue Moon has provided the core of my armies, I like them a lot.
I'm very happy if I motivated you, it is a great joy to know!
I'll be following your thread with great enthusiasm!   
Cheers!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
They are SPLENDID looking horsemen. It is hard to believe that such BEAUTIFULLY detailed & painted miniatures could be that small. VERY WELL DONE indeed!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
They are SPLENDID looking horsemen. It is hard to believe that such BEAUTIFULLY detailed & painted miniatures could be that small. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

Thanks! They are made by my friend Andreas Panagopoulos, a very talented painter

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
Thank you again!
And thank you for the heads up, I already commented on your thread! Massive armies and I'm sure your rework will bring them up to high quality!
If you have time to shoot some close ups, we could admire them in detail! 
Eureka have some fine sculpts they really are worth it to have. Old Glory has very characterful figures, Some units animated give the spice! Blue Moon has provided the core of my armies, I like them a lot.
I'm very happy if I motivated you, it is a great joy to know!
I'll be following your thread with great enthusiasm!   
Cheers!
I'll certainly do some close-ups at some point, but it'll probably have to wait until the Spring, as I do all my photography outdoors.  Even if I had room indoors (which I don't), Mrs Fawr likes low-energy 'mood-lighting', which essentially means living like our ancestors did before humans learned to harness electricity... or gas...  >:(

Yes, I generally love the Old Glory figures, with the Austrians probably being the best of the bunch and the French cavalry probably being the worst.  I've just bought some more Austrians to finish off my Bavarian Auxiliary Corps, but will probably go more for Eureka and/or Blue Moon after that, mainly because their pack composition better suits my needs, but also because they are generally better models.  Someone else was saying that Eureka will TOWER over my Old Glory figures, but I doubt that.  My ABs don't tower over my OG Napoleonics.  I wouldn't mix them in the same units, but when on the table the differences are almost completely unnoticeable until you have a really close look.

Mrs Fawr was looking over my shoulder, so for the time being I've ordered a small batch from Eureka - a Hungarian regiment, a Prussian fusilier regiment, a Prussian grenadier battalion and some Prussian horse artillery.  I've wanted horse artillery for years, but Old Glory only ever did them in a stupidly large bag (and now don't do them at all).

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Some new additions!

Brunswick regimental artillery
07 Brunswick regimental artillery by Konstantinos Antoniadis, on Flickr

Hessian Bartheld Fusiliers
14 SYW Hessian Bartheld Fusiliers a by Konstantinos Antoniadis, on Flickr

French Moustiers Cavalerie
50 SYW French Cav Moustiers by Konstantinos Antoniadis, on Flickr

French Siege Artillery
51 SYW French Siege Artillery by Konstantinos Antoniadis, on Flickr

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
Lovely stuff as always!  I've been buying up Eureka French like there's no tomorrow, so I'll be making a start on them in January, once my Bavarians are finished.  I'm not keen on the Eureka French artillery's very long rammers though, as they'll just end up internally bent and then broken.  I may well replace them with brass wire.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Lovely stuff as always!  I've been buying up Eureka French like there's no tomorrow, so I'll be making a start on them in January, once my Bavarians are finished.  I'm not keen on the Eureka French artillery's very long rammers though, as they'll just end up internally bent and then broken.  I may well replace them with brass wire.

Thank you! Your paint job is highly admirable and you are doing all this excellent, prolific job by yourself! I have to paint figures for years, so I depend to friend painters and the delivery time, especially these days is dubious... Yesterday I managed to sneak out of the house (Christmas day was more elastic), to go and meet friend George and get those.
For Eureka yes, I haven't seen such a long rammer before  :o probably I will replace it with wire, too. 

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
One more:
Hessian Haudring (von Bartheld) fusiliers, 1760 uniform
http://kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Haudring_Infantry

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
Excellent again!  I will one day get around to building a Hanoverian/British army, but I think the Hessians and Brunswickers will remain 'subbed' by Prussians. :(

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Excellent again!  I will one day get around to building a Hanoverian/British army, but I think the Hessians and Brunswickers will remain 'subbed' by Prussians. :(

Ah! Those Prussians! Getting the upper hand in any occasion!  ;)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Those Hessians look great!  :-*

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Seconded!! Hessians look the part, lovely work. :)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Those Hessians look great!  :-*

Hi! Admiring your 10mms!
The are Blue Moon miniatures
15AMR-36: Hessian Fusiliers Inc. Command
http://www.oldgloryuk.com/15mm-awi/50/205/494/512
They retained this uniform until the AWI (the flag changed, of course)