Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686488
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mammoths remote control monstrosities - gunman for hire  (Read 11502 times)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
Re: Mammoths remote control monstrosities.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 04:58:41 PM »
Really glad you all like em!

So I've started another expansion for Planet 28 , my homebrew rule system (which I should probably stop referring to as a homebrew now that it's been published.)

It's gonna focus on the world that these mechs exist in, one of nomadic mech families and walking villages - A sort of studio ghibli/mortal engines world of sweeping landscapes and occasional clashes between mech pirates.

I'd like to add not just some rules for planet 28 , but also a little system for having games just between the mechs using the actual remote control factor.

Right now it's just a teaser image, but more soon.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 07:54:37 PM »
Yeah, these do demand their own game system. 
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 10:56:31 PM »
Very good! And I have to agree with what has been said before, very unique and inventive!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »
"what do you men rusted through?! Sure it's a bit rough, but we just dug him up two days ago from out on the grass sea. Look, the lads have already started marking him up for refit and you won't find a cheaper merchant than me this side of the mountains. Maybe he's a little bit battered but he is 1,000 years old - you've gotta have a home in this world and you won't find better than old caeser here! "

I liked the shape of the last one so much that I decided to make another - Although this time much more grimy and battered than the last.
I've also improved the battery access by adding a small hatch held on with a simple spring.

https://youtu.be/npP6GE3Ynyk

In my head this chap has just been dredged up after long years underground, and is being worked over by some wasteland engineers - hence the engineers marks across the hull.

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 12:52:32 PM »
Damn...  :o

I mean, no, actually, but yes, and very, that is...

DAMN...

I'm building an army of these now, aren't I???  o_o
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2020, 01:01:57 PM »
Simply wonderful work, all of it.  :-*

But this last one reminds me strongly of World War Robot, and I love it. It's my favourite one of the bunch so far! 8)

The engineer's marks are a subtle, but very interesting and convincing detail too; they really tell a story.

Please keep them coming; I love this thread... :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2020, 01:26:22 PM »
Simply wonderful work, all of it.  :-*

But this last one reminds me strongly of World War Robot, and I love it. It's my favourite one of the bunch so far! 8)

The engineer's marks are a subtle, but very interesting and convincing detail too; they really tell a story.

Please keep them coming; I love this thread... :)

Gosh I haven't thought about world war robot for a while, I'd completley forgotten it! Which is a shame because i could have been stealing ideas from it this whole time! :D

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 02:31:49 PM »
Those are great! My son has those smaller Hexbug walkers. Makes me want to get my fingers on them!

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2020, 07:23:39 AM »
They're great Nic, and the 'Great grass sea' is finally a decent justification for sci fi walkers!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »
I got a new studio recently and while i wait for materials to be delivered for me to do proper work, I have been tinkering with more bots...
I've got this chap half done, another one ready to go, and the giant bot sat on the shelf...

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2020, 07:58:45 AM »
Great work all around. Love the weathering and obviously the fact that they are RC. The convention idea to having two of them going at each other in a city scape is great, too!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2020, 08:59:45 PM »
A little more progress- some detailing, a dock with hooks for the rowboat and the start of some detailing - tomorrow the final bits of detail and body work, some texture, and then a prime.

• Mad Scientist
Re: Mammoths remote control monstrosities - walking mine page 3
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2020, 12:56:53 PM »
Another spider mod -
Again, fully functional remote control, but this time I've gone a bit wild with the shapes to try and make something unique.

This one was very much inspired by sea mines and lunar landers, so it's got a bit of an ominous "might explode, might be someones house" kind of look to it.

Oh also this one is for sale if you fancy getting someone a one of a kind christmas present ;)

construction is mostly plasticard, milliput, ping pong balls and my usual collection of model ship parts and odds and ends. (no warhammer bits on this one tho - trying to distance them from the grim dark future.)
paintjob is my usual simple approach,speckle with wood filler for texture, a rust basecoat over bright primer, then chipping medium, a few base colours, chipping, details and weathering.

If you do want it, It's for sale here https://mammoth-miniatures.onlineweb.shop/product_preview/p6748004_20840111.aspx

Basically I love making them but I don't have enough shelf space for them and i figured they'd make fun designer toys for someone.

• Mad Scientist
Re: Mammoths remote control monstrosities - walking mine page 3
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »
"Plant whisperers, botanical adventurers, crop wizards and seed merchants. Just a few names for the strange and Hardy individuals who travel the world of ramble seeking out new plants to spread across the slowly healing planet.

Wearing bring colours and carrying aloft strange new discoveries, these odd types are much loved by those who live aboard walker homes or crawler towns, bringing fresh new plant life to on board hydroponic systems or telling tales of places beyond the grass seas and frozen tundra of rambles major continent. In rough seasons these arboricultural loners will sell their expertise to crawler towns, giving them guidance to new roaming grounds. "

this chap is converted very heavily from a north star steampunk soldier miniature, to the point that he's almost entirely resculpted.
He's the first of what i hope will be many civilians/pedestrians for the world of ramble.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Mammoths remote control monstrosities - rambling crop merchant
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2020, 08:44:05 PM »
These are all very cool  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels