Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690844
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Italian Wars Spanish Army  (Read 7818 times)

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Italian Wars Spanish Army
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2021, 10:10:03 AM »
Although my attention over the last lockdown switched to other things I did manage to finish off two Spanish Colunellas but didn't post pictures at the time.  Here is my take on how they might look.  TAG Pike, Foundry Conquistador for Arquebus and Sword and Buckler men.  Flags by Pete's Flags.

As you can see the Foundry and TAG miniatures are quite different sizes, especially the Sword and Buckler men, and I think I will have to re-do these units.  :-[  Comparison shot here:

I will either use the Foundry Spanish Pike to match the others or replace the Arquebus/Swordsmen figures with TAG figures so they match.  Perhaps both so that I have different units but each unit with the same style of figures.  I am also keen to see how the forthcoming Atlantic Wargames Conquistadors look and perhaps I might be able to utilise these.  They would certainly be cheaper than Foundry who have put their prices up again.

Either way I will certainly increase the ratio of Arquebus from 8 to 12 or 16 figures in the unit.  Perhaps the best way is to use the current Arqubusiers as skirmish infantry in a separate unit.  Decisions, decisions  :? :?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2021, 10:29:19 AM »
Delicious stuff  :-*

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2021, 01:34:37 PM »
Beautiful, Gary  :-* A finely curated and decorated collection  :)

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2021, 11:26:26 AM »
A stunning and inspiring army and collection - love the colour palette and the theme  :-* :-*
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2021, 05:34:41 PM »
Beautiful looking force! :-*

Christopher

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2021, 10:05:31 PM »
Delicious stuff  :-*

Thanks Darren.

Beautiful, Gary  :-* A finely curated and decorated collection  :)

Thanks Richard

A stunning and inspiring army and collection - love the colour palette and the theme  :-* :-*

Beautiful looking force! :-*

Christopher

Thank you both very much. 

I really enjoy the vibrant colours of this period, especially the Italians and I made the assumption that any Spanish force on the Italian mainland would also deck themselves out in similar styles, especially since some of the 'Spanish' troops were actually Neopolitans.

I plan to have an Italian contingent in the army so there is scope for even more flamboyant colours. And then of course there are the Landsknechts.  So much variations in clothing styles, weapons and flags - not to mention the tactics.  What's not to like about this period. :D :D

Offline pete

• Assistant
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2021, 11:21:20 AM »
yay!

Love seeing TAG minis mixed with other folks minis...

(and thanks for posting to our Gallery pages, https://theassaultgroup.co.uk/my-account/user-gallery/?ug-gallery=gallery&order-category=92)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2021, 12:32:44 PM »
looking great!

Offline caveadsum1471

• Bookworm
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2021, 07:15:21 PM »
Lovely looking Spanish! I don't think the variation is too bad between the Foundry conquistadors and TAG, although the Foundry landsknechts and Swiss are a bit closer, I'm also looking forward to the wargames Atlantic conquistadors either way you're troops look great!
Best Iain