Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Super tiny skirmish from mammoth miniatures - Now with MAGIC!  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
I've just updated the mammoth miniatures webstore with some new copies of super tiny skirmish, the pocket sized fantasy skirmish game.

Inside you'll find a complete skirmish rule set with custom character creation and progression, two micro dice and two paper miniatures, all in a handy pocket sized bag.

The rules take up 7 pages, so if you ever need a little game for those quiet moments between larger games, you can whip out a copy of super tiny skirmish! :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 02:18:44 PM by Mammoth miniatures »

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
Nuts.  Sold out already.  Any idea when they will come back in stock?

• Mad Scientist
Nuts.  Sold out already.  Any idea when they will come back in stock?

Next week at the latest - I hand cut all the parts myself but since I no longer have to hand bind each rulebook I can get them made upuch faster :)

Offline Maxromek

• Librarian
I own a copy and used to play it in the lab waiting for my data to collect - perfect to kill a half an hour here or there!

• Mad Scientist
More copies now in stock - the joys of at home production during a pandemic! :)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
More copies now in stock - the joys of at home production during a pandemic! :)

Awesome, finally got me a copy  :D

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
Yoink!

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
Re: Super tiny skirmish from mammoth miniatures - a pocket fantasy game.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 12:54:11 AM »
Got mine last night, threw it down, read it quick, and even played through a few rounds.  The verdict is that I like it - it is a quick and dirty little skirmish game.  It's lean, but it has everything in it a miniature wargame needs.  As an experiment in slimmed-down and barebones gaming it works.

First thoughts:

• Two figs is not enough.  It really needs teams to give the players any tactical options beyond "close and punch that git in the neck til he falls".  One fig per player could work well if you had a whole bunch of players working at cross purposes, and with a few basic objectives, I can see this being used for a nice "drop in" convention game.
  • The first fight dudes are really weak.  Like, seriously weak to the point that my battle took a long time to resolve because they couldn't do much.  The boys need some XP to shine, or to start with a higher per fig point spread around the stats.
  • The omission of what happens in a melee when both figs fail their check threw me for a minute.  I'm assuming that nothing happens.  That works, but isn't explicit.

Looking forward to building a couple of teams and giving it another go with more tactical options available.

• Mad Scientist
Re: Super tiny skirmish from mammoth miniatures - Now with MAGIC!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 02:23:12 PM »
almost a year later I finally made an expansion!

Super tiny sorcery adds spellbuilding to your games of pub table combat, giving you the option to put together spells from lists of magical sounds.
it includes a micro rulebook, 2 new paper miniatures and 2 more micro dice :)

https://mammoth-miniatures.onlineweb.shop/product_preview/p6748004_20850097.aspx

there's also now a PDF of super tiny skirmish up on wargames vault for those who prefer digital rules :)