Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Modular castles, wizards tower, fences,walkways, very cheap!  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dirtcheapdungeons/modular-castle-system-by-dirt-cheap-dungeons?ref=thanks-recommendations

Apologies if this has been posted already, I looked back few pages here and in the medieval forums and couldn't find it mentioned. Worth it just for the fences and Palisades, I reckon, and it looks like it'll paint up nicely. 30 days left to meet their goal but I think they'll manage it. I'm even considering it from Oz, postage charges be damned.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Nope.
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
At first glance this stuff looks a little on the cartoony side for my tastes, like using playmobile on the wargaming table, but I've got to admit that their packing system to fit all that in one box is really, really clever.

One of the biggest obstacles to using Dwarven Forge and scratchbuilt terrain in my RPG sessions is transportation. This "dirt cheap dungeon" has got the transportation gig whipped.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
It's very 'gamey', in the sense that it will appeal to the RPG crowd or those focused on the rules of a game. Most of the people here on the LAF seem to prefer their terrain as beautifully crafted as possible, so the appeal to them/us is not as pronounced.

It reminds me of plastic toy castles, or those Zvezda modular castles they used to make; effective in games, just not very pretty...

Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Nice to see some scenery that is actual physical product instead of the endless print your own stuff.
But difficult to see what player group they are aiming this at, most RPG fans don't use models and most figure gamers would want something much more realistic looking than this.
I guess Chibi or Anthromorphic style games would be the most likely to match in style.