Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Is Steve Barber Miniatures Still in Operation?  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Is Steve Barber Miniatures Still in Operation?
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
Just a question for my British mates.

Have any of you had any business recently with Steve Barber models? He has some items that I'd like to purchase, but every email I've sent to him has gone unanswered. In addition, the website does not seem to have been updated recently and some items (like the speakeasy, for example) seem to be posted without any price. I prefer to order direct from him if at all possible.

On that note, how big are Steve's miniatures, in general? I'm particularly interested in his Gladiator range, but some of his Gangland range would be useful, too.

-Doc

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Is Steve Barber Miniatures Still in Operation?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
Just a question for my British mates.

Have any of you had any business recently with Steve Barber models? He has some items that I'd like to purchase, but every email I've sent to him has gone unanswered. In addition, the website does not seem to have been updated recently and some items (like the speakeasy, for example) seem to be posted without any price. I prefer to order direct from him if at all possible.

On that note, how big are Steve's miniatures, in general? I'm particularly interested in his Gladiator range, but some of his Gangland range would be useful, too.

-Doc

Yes he is still in business I wargame with him at our local club.

PM your e-mail and I will forward it on. I am not sure what he has been up to recently but he is still casting Lead, not sdo sure about his resin stuff but can find out. I know he has a full time job now so perhaps that is it.

Figures tend to be True 25mm my favourite range of his are his Mongols

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
Lowtardog -- I'm interested in Steve's Napoleonic French Hussars. I know Steve's figs are generally true 25mm, but someone said the Hussars are more like 28mm and match up okay with Perry, Victrix, etc.

Can you confirm this when you see Steve next?

Thanks

Chuck

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
Yeah, I'd be interested in some of his Napoleonics also, particularly the dismounted cavalry, but most of my stuff is Crusader and Front Rank and I was worried that my troopers would drastically shrink when they dismounted. lol

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »
Will do I will try and get some comparison photos

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:29:02 AM »
Thanks! I think Steve is the only one that makes, at least with his French Hussars, dismounted as well as mounted.

Offline Steve

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »
Hi Doc,

Steve Barber Models is still very much running. Not sure why I havent received your emails. Maybe spam filters or such. Please post to me again at sbarber-models@clara.net

Our Napoleonics are slightly larger being 28mm miniatures. I have been told by customers who have bought additions to existing armies that they blend in well with both perry and front rank figures. I hope that helps. We have new additions to our 28mm Westphalian Naploleonic range and a brand new range 10mm Zulu Wars 1879.

Steve.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 02:57:41 PM »
Hi Doc,

Steve Barber Models is still very much running. Not sure why I havent received your emails. Maybe spam filters or such. Please post to me again at sbarber-models@clara.net

Our Napoleonics are slightly larger being 28mm miniatures. I have been told by customers who have bought additions to existing armies that they blend in well with both perry and front rank figures. I hope that helps. We have new additions to our 28mm Westphalian Naploleonic range and a brand new range 10mm Zulu Wars 1879.

Steve.

Hello Steve, about time we saw more of you on forums  :D and yesI have started on the next batch of zulus ;D ;)

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
Hi Doc,

I got all the gangland figures last weekend at colours, they are definitely smaller than most 28mm figures, more like 25mm, but very characterful and definitely usable as they would be used as single figures for skirmish or horror rules,

so any size difference isn't as notable as games with ranks of troopers,

hope that helps

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »
Hi Doc,

Steve.

No problem. Good to know you're still in operation, Steve:) I'll send you an email this weekend. You have some pieces in your Gladiator range that would go wonderfully with my arena.

-Doc

Offline Steve

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »
Hi Doc, Thanks very much. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes,

Steve.

Hi Karl, Excellent I look forward to seeing the next batch of Zulus. I hope your ok.

Best Wishes.

Steve.