Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fogou's GORKAMORKA  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Fogou's GORKAMORKA
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »
Gorka Morka! Keep it coming.... now I need to find my stuff and freshen it up..

Thanks Corporal, hmmm fresh orks.

GorkaMorka was the first actual wargame I played...

Only thing that is a real pain is the bases used because those things do not mix well with ork construction due to instability. Most people I know that play off and on tend to just use the 40k bases and allow bases to overlap rather than deal with them and models falling all over the place.

There's a trade off for sure, I'm varnishing for falls, and magnetising my bases and will be adding magnets or magnetic primer to vehicle beds. Perhaps this will work. In reality I'm not seeing at as very likely that I'll get much play, so happy to struggle when I do get the chance.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »
 Love the skin colour on these.I used to have loads of this figure range.Sold most of them now though.Still a few figures knocking around.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
Lovely stuff :P

Gorkamorka is such great fun. It's the game that got me into the hobby after a loooong stretch from heroquest.
Like the colours you picked for the skin. I'm more traditional, but is sure looks good.

Have yet to paint my stuff from the olden days and have plenty to work with.
I could of course pick a warband from my extensive 40k ork army, but there sure is something about these old skool models

Job's a good un. Keep it up.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »
So much to like with this lot! The red skin is great! I love the mix of old an new minis (those modern plastic arms work brilliantly on the nob). Really like the kustomised trukks too - they look a lot more functional and sturdy compared against the old go-kart stylings!

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 05:35:33 PM »
Is that the unnamed Gorkamorka site? https://gorkamorka.co.uk/

Always small bases.

Thanks folks.

Yes, I think it was the UnNamed Gorkamorka page...... good stuff.  I think I contributed some rules or two back in the day.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2020, 09:43:30 PM »
Stunning work. I love that you dared to step away from the greenskin convention. The paintjob is awesome! Can't wait for more!

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 03:19:44 PM »
Thanks Easy/Suber, it's all very motivating!

So much to like with this lot! The red skin is great! I love the mix of old an new minis (those modern plastic arms work brilliantly on the nob). Really like the kustomised trukks too - they look a lot more functional and sturdy compared against the old go-kart stylings!

Yes, please with the arms, I think they won't work with the regular 2nd ed boys though, unfortunately. They are so hard to get alternative arms for.

I don't mind a bit of Go-Kartin' but have to try and marry the old stuff with the bits of the new stuff that I can, it's really fun part of the project actually.

Driver for AGE OF QUARREL, didn't think it was worth making his legs actually fit, so off they came!

I think I'll get away with it 95% of the time. You might be able to see that there's a back ramp on the truck now, having a bash at finishing both of the vehicles off then onto the next mob. I'm frankly shocked by the progress!

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 10:18:28 AM »
I've stalled a little bit with this, I've managed to get a fair bit of paint onto the trucks, along with some transfers. That's about it. Still need to sit down and do all of the fiddly bitz and perhaps come up with a few extra ideas to make them pop a bit. I do actually like the bare metal look and think it makes 'sense' with the stripped-down look I've gone for but do worry it is perhaps a bit too plain. I'll aim to finish them up and I can always go back and add more later (yeah right!).

Anyway, in order to keep idling along...

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 07:26:20 PM »
Nice.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Progress is progress.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
Gorkamorka! The game I always wanted to play, but never got to... I still own two complete boxes and love the model. Not as comical as the previous edition and easily customizable! Very happy to see it here.

Please tellmore how you intend to modify the world. I recently considered making it a 20mm game and add Northstar humans (which are plausible puny vs. The Gorkamorka plastics).