Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ECW: Whyteladyes Lane  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
ECW: Whyteladyes Lane
« on: September 30, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »
Time for the next encounter in my North Wessex For King & Parliament English Civil War campaign.

After the battle just north of Bisham Abbey, Sir Christopher Grey has led his Parliamentarian army (reinforced with more Scots mercenaries) east in an attempt to loop around the Royalists whom, he believes, are regrouping before moving north on their existing axis of attack.

The Roundheads get as far as Cookham Dean before they realise that the Cavaliers have been tipped off and have managed to get a blocking force across the Parliamentarian line of advance.

Battle will once more be joined!

Click here for the full report:

https://www.vislardica.com/blog/2020/9/30/fkampp-aar-whyteladyes-lane

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
Re: ECW: Whyteladyes Lane
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »
Nice looking game!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 09:36:40 PM »
Nice looking game!

It certainly does look great  8)

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:24:29 AM »
For the King!

Those 15mm battalia do look good! Do the rules include a campaign section? I would be curious to learn more about how you have been organizing the underlying campaign, and how it unfolded.

By the way, your blog's "Categories" section would not yet seem to have an entry for For King & Parliament.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:31:49 AM by WuZhuiQiu »

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 02:33:07 PM »
Hi WuZhuiQiu

Rules don't contain a campaign system, but I'm used to building that sort of thing from all my scenario packs for I Ain't Been Shot Mum.

What I have done is to write a series of individual scenarios (eight so far, twelve intended) each containing an introduction and game notes; a briefing for each side; a map; and army rosters. The scenarios are loosely tied together with background information, game notes and consistent commander and unit names.

The outcome of one game doesn't affect the next (so that one can dip in and replay a favourite without having to worry about taking into account the result from previous games): so the player briefings are deliberately vague as to who won previous encounters or they are described as inconclusive clashes. After each battle, each side falls back to regroup, with then one or other commander taking the initiative to set up the next encounter.

The battlefields are taken from places round where I live, with Google Maps giving the basic shape of the field which I then adapt for an FK&P grid.

The two playtesting teams all seem to have enjoyed themselves so far, so it looks as if I might be doing something right!

Cheers

R

PS  I've added a Pike & Shot category to the blog.