Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:31:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690674
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Stargrave announcement.  (Read 33840 times)

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Stargrave announcement.
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2020, 10:37:57 AM »
@northstarnick - I'm sure it's far too early for previews yet but can we have an idea on the 'vibe' of the range - should we be expecting more of the style of the Rogue Stars range? Or more science/fantasy Rogue Trader? Or more hard/militaristic?

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
I'd show you pictures, but Osprey who are my partners in this always get stressed when I act unilaterally.  lol

I don't know the Sci-Fi fans definitions. I think it's a bit Star Wars-y, but the hardware is more near future military than ray guns.

The Troopers are not Stormtroopers though.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2020, 09:27:46 PM »
I'd show you pictures, but Osprey who are my partners in this always get stressed when I act unilaterally.  lol

We won't tell if you don't  ;)

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2020, 11:18:58 PM »
Is that a self portrait ?
No.  I only share the great white belly with the wife.
What is life without a little bit of drama?
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2020, 12:22:08 AM »

I don't know the Sci-Fi fans definitions. I think it's a bit Star Wars-y, but the hardware is more near future military than ray guns.

The Troopers are not Stormtroopers though.

Understood, that痴 great - thank you. I値l take a safe bet that painting up some coolest one future wars troopers I have knocking about will be useful!

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2020, 05:16:49 PM »
For sure.

Yes, it's not a radical reinterpretation of the Sci-Fi text, nor a sub-40K, I think you'll find Stargrave plastics will fit into your Sci-Fi projects like Frostgrave plastics fit into your Fantasy ones.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2020, 05:22:49 PM »
Sounds good to me...I'm hoping the new year will see some reveals for us.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline MikeRC97

• Bookworm
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »
For sure.

Yes, it's not a radical reinterpretation of the Sci-Fi text, nor a sub-40K, I think you'll find Stargrave plastics will fit into your Sci-Fi projects like Frostgrave plastics fit into your Fantasy ones.

You池e killing me - all these bits of information just make me want to see the miniatures that much more!

I do wonder about the kit-bashing possibilities, with Frostgrave there were so many historical multi-part plastic figures out there that could be used for bits.  I really want to see what the Stargrave figures will be like and what multi-part ranges will work with them.  I知 guessing they値l be much smaller than 40k just like Frostgrave figures are much smaller than Warhammer Fantasy (at this point GW has basically adopted 32mm as their scale).  I知 assuming multi-part plastic WWII figures will be a good source of bits for Stargrave.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 03:43:09 PM by MikeRC97 »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2020, 03:52:08 PM »
You池e killing me - all these bits of information just make me want to see the miniatures that much more!

I do wonder about the kit-bashing possibilities, with Frostgrave there were so many historical multi-part plastic figures out there that could be used for bits.  I really want to see what the Stargrave figures will be like and what multi-part ranges will work with them.  I知 guessing they値l be much smaller than 40k just like Frostgrave figures are much smaller than Warhammer Fantasy (at this point GW has basically adopted 32mm as their scale). I知 assuming multi-part plastic WWII figures will be a good source of bits for Stargrave.

That bit I highlighted in bold face was exactly what I was hoping for and wondering about! It would make for great kitbashing opportunities and might make near sci fi scenarios or other ideas possible!  :) Would be cool at least!
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2020, 06:58:54 PM »
I think it's a bit Star Wars-y, but the hardware is more near future military than ray guns.
So no Mauser C-96 Broomhandles, Sterling SMGs, MG-42 LMGs and Lewis Guns?

^__^

That is all right, I have a lot of Frostgrave and Oathmark to build (I might even paint some) so I can wait.

I have waited.

Do I have to wait some more?

^__^
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 07:00:54 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2020, 08:16:09 PM »
So no Mauser C-96 Broomhandles, Sterling SMGs, MG-42 LMGs and Lewis Guns?

^__^

That is all right, I have a lot of Frostgrave and Oathmark to build (I might even paint some) so I can wait.

I have waited.

Do I have to wait some more?

^__^

lol

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2020, 03:46:53 PM »
I hope we start getting a few rules previews over on Joe's blog soon.  Not too much, I'm just hoping for enough of an idea of what warbands and soldiers are structured like to get a head start on preparing!  Also, what sort of baddies are in the bestiary and what their gear is like, so I could go ahead and start preparing the hazards.  Sadly, even in April, it's looking like solo play will be more common, so if I could already have a nice horde of baddies to pit a crew against, then all the better for getting stuck in quick!

Offline MikeRC97

• Bookworm
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2021, 02:29:53 PM »
Joe's blog has a new post about Stargrave - very interesting that there will be a unique game mechanic that didn't appear in Frostgrave / Ghost Archipelago:

http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.com/2021/01/stargrave-preparing-pirates.html

I don't know if the pic in the post is official artwork (seems likely) but if it is, and the pirates in the pic are any indication of what the Northstar figures will look like, then I'm very excited as I really love the near-future look:

I can't wait for Nick to show some figure previews...(hint-not-so-subtle-hint)...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:31:40 PM by MikeRC97 »

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2021, 05:19:10 PM »
I notice he says Northstar are working on a couple of plastic box sets.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2021, 06:26:04 PM »
The setting sounds interesting for sci-if adventurers. It does remind me of Core Space, as does the threat mechanic.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/