Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ProjectTroy  (Read 10300 times)

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
ProjectTroy
« on: January 10, 2021, 12:12:46 PM »

With the New Year in, 2021's ProjectTroy is under way; in a very small way at least. I have ordered 60-odd 28mm figures (more than all the other 28mm miniatures I currently own combined) from Foundry, Newline, Eureka and Lucid Eye to field a 750 point army of Trojans for Fantastic Battles. Basing them on 60mm wide bases, the same figures will provide options for 100 or 120 point games of l'Art de la Guerre, or one large (or two understrength) division/s for Hail Caesar. Presuming I pull the original plan together, there is them loads of scope to expand!

The first miniature to get some paint is a Trojan prince to serve as the army's warlord. He is - rather ironically - one of the warrior figures from a Foundry 'Achilles' chariot pack. He has fancier armour than any of the other figures in the collection so far, so it was only right that he got to don some royal purple.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: ProjectTroy
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »
Wow, he really pops!  :o
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 01:53:15 PM »
Oh that looks nice and sounds interesting! Will follow gladly.

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 03:10:01 AM »
 :-*  wow ! that’s some lovely brushwork there...good luck with your project...shall enjoy following your progress
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 06:13:27 AM »
There is never enough Trojan war threads, so thanks.  Nice start and I'll be following your progress.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 04:26:05 PM »
Thats a nice paint job look forward to watching the project development, its a personal favourite period of mine.

I am also working on a Trojan War project, revitalising a demo game (Salute and Partizan) from 20 years ago. (the terrain also went to GW games day in 2002)

It will have around 1000 infantry and 70 plus chariots, plus civilian vignettes - the table is 10' x 6' and includes the walls of Troy, 4 ships and buildings inside the walls so it is a monster game!
Last time out a group of us put all the armies together but I am now working through the entire lot myself because I collected everything I needed back at the time, I just never painted it! Somewhere around halfway through the infantry, and 50 chariots to go, so it won't be back on the show circuit just yet  :D

I am also writing a full campaign booklet for War & Conquest and other game systems

Its all 28mm, and there's a few pics on the War & Conquest Facebook page as I can't work out how to post images off Facebook to here

Heres a link just drop it in your browser https://www.facebook.com/War-Conquest-104021388266236 and scroll down to the pictures and information (if you also go to my own Facebook page there's even more background chat there )

I will be adding more pics and once I have located the pictures, more from back in 2000 and the 2002 games day which used the Perries collection off Egyptians and Hittites
Kind regards
Rob Broom
ScarabMiniatures
www.scarabminiatures.com
www.warandconquest.co.uk

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »
Wow @Scarabminiatures, that's an big project. Much more ambitious than mine!

I have been stalled by the new border down the Irish Sea has been delaying all my orders from GB to NI for weeks at a time. So far, all I have managed is the prince and a few chariot horses! Soon though... soon.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »
Slow progress, much hampered by the delays at the new border as I've noted before. However, I have at least now got a few chariots up and running!

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 08:13:00 PM »
Excellent!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 11:14:32 AM »
A new captain of Troy, and some lads armed only with javelins and a bad attitude. These are all from Eureka Minaitures.

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 10:04:01 PM »
Chief
Nice Paint job on these , those Irregular figures are quite nice as well.
Cheers

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 09:19:16 PM »
Nic

thats some nice brush work there and nice to see an Euruka model painted up, I don't have any of those.

I do seem to have multiple heroes in the collection though, I seem to have more Nestors than I know what to do with!

Heres one of the Trojan War Spear units - these will be Greeks plus an unbiased vignette for within the walls of troy

Over on the Facebook page I will be chatting about the planned scenarios soon, so if you have joined up and want to chip in with comments that would be great

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 09:21:12 PM »
Greeks didn't post so lets have another go

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 10:46:43 PM »
@scarab, that is an impressive unit of spearman!

I am working on my first spear and bow unit at the moment. In the meantime, here are some posh blokes with axes. Also from Eureka.

Offline scarabminiatures

• Scientist
    • Scarab Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 11:52:30 AM »
40 man unit, its one of the largest, others are 32 and variations thereof!

Liking the axemen, will have to have another look at the eureka website

currently painting up another archer unit for the trojans and some trojan women for a change of pace - will post pics once finished